PDA

View Full Version : Dell just did a good thing

Pages : [1] 2

onmikesline
09-08-10, 04:23 PM
i have a 3007WFP 30'' LCD from dell and for almost a year later i looked over and seen one little red stuck pixel. i didnt care much because one i can deal with. but anyways i just wanted to let them know that they might want to keep an eye out for this. and guess what 5 min later they called me up and said they are shipping me a 3008WFP for free. all i have to do is sent back the old one. i didnt think it was that good of service...

3008WFP vs 3007WFP its almost the same right?

nekrosoft13
09-08-10, 04:29 PM
yes, faster refresh rate and never versions of Philips IPS panel

onmikesline
09-08-10, 04:33 PM
to tell you the truth i love the 3007style.. i dunno

and when i look in my account this is what it says for Delivery(why is it 3079.99 bucks lol

Quantity Item Number Description Unit Price
1 G501H Display,Wide Flat Panel Display,30,3008WFP,Embedded Warranty $3079.99

Sub-Total : $3079.99
Shipping : $0.00
Tax : $0.00
Order Total : $0.00

Bearclaw
09-08-10, 04:54 PM
Awesome. All companies should do this. :thumbsup:

grey_1
09-08-10, 05:41 PM
I've never had anything but excellent service from Dell. When my 24" died it took all of 10 minutes to have an RMA set up and I had the new monitor including prepaid shipping for the dead one within 24 hours. Excellent customer service.

It's the financial dept I would like to skin alive. :)

Sazar
09-08-10, 06:48 PM
i have a 3007WFP 30'' LCD from dell and for almost a year later i looked over and seen one little red stuck pixel. i didnt care much because one i can deal with. but anyways i just wanted to let them know that they might want to keep an eye out for this. and guess what 5 min later they called me up and said they are shipping me a 3008WFP for free. all i have to do is sent back the old one. i didnt think it was that good of service...

3008WFP vs 3007WFP its almost the same right?

So, was it good service or not?

:bleh:

I honestly think the 3008 is a fantastic display so congratulations :)

3008 has a better internal processor, better connectors and is a better over-all panel. The 3007 was no slouch however.

Bearclaw
09-08-10, 06:57 PM
I have never heard anything bad about Dells monitors/customer service with them.

I would NEVER buy anything else from them though. :lol:

onmikesline
09-08-10, 06:58 PM
this is my first dell anything. and it was a monitor.

Albo
09-08-10, 07:11 PM
Wow, so you bought a monitor. About 10 months or so later? You told them I got a dead/red pixel. And they send you a new one with a warranty on it?

:headexplode:

I wish Apple did this. I want an iPod Touch 4g. :(

onmikesline
09-08-10, 07:58 PM
not just a new one. a upgraded one :) and i think it was over a year ago

Albo
09-08-10, 08:01 PM
Lucky son of a *****

saturnotaku
09-08-10, 08:10 PM
I think it's a pretty sad commentary on the state of technology customer service when we feel a company has gone above and beyond for doing exactly what it should do with a warranty claim. If Dell has an explicit dead-pixel policy (which I'm almost positive they do, especially on high-end displays), they need to honor that guarantee. If they can't do a 1:1 swap for the same model, they replace it with the next best/comparable one.

This should be standard operating procedure, but with the way people are routinely screwed in the realm of consumer electronics, we're almost forced to treat proper service as something unexpected.

bob saget
09-08-10, 08:44 PM
their east indian call centers are horrid, but eventually they do great.

Bearclaw
09-08-10, 08:53 PM
I think it's a pretty sad commentary on the state of technology customer service when we feel a company has gone above and beyond for doing exactly what it should do with a warranty claim. If Dell has an explicit dead-pixel policy (which I'm almost positive they do, especially on high-end displays), they need to honor that guarantee. If they can't do a 1:1 swap for the same model, they replace it with the next best/comparable one.

This should be standard operating procedure, but with the way people are routinely screwed in the realm of consumer electronics, we're almost forced to treat proper service as something unexpected.

Very valid point.

onmikesline
09-10-10, 09:07 PM
well i got the monitor in and im on it right now, its a refurb a few scuffs. im not caring because they kinda upgraded me from what i had before. the only thing is kinda weird is you can push the screen with a sold black wallpaper and see light bleed through when your not pushing it. is that good

Sazar
09-10-10, 09:18 PM
well i got the monitor in and im on it right now, its a refurb a few scuffs. im not caring because they kinda upgraded me from what i had before. the only thing is kinda weird is you can push the screen with a sold black wallpaper and see light bleed through when your not pushing it. is that good

Are you talking about the screen edges?

It shouldn't technically have separation like that I would think. If it's an issue, you can call them up and I am sure they will send another display to you.

On the flip side, if you are talking about pushing on the panel itself and seeing it sort of bleed a little light, that's just an LCD panel being an LCD panel.

onmikesline
09-10-10, 09:23 PM
no separation... only when i push on it. i have to say im used to my 3007 lol. and if i call them back they might sent me an 3007 not a 3008.:)

Sazar
09-10-10, 09:24 PM

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19263699.aspx

Thing is, customer care calling you back to fix something is a nice thing.

I dropped my car off at the dealership to get an oil-change today and get my inspection done. Dealer called me back about 2 hours later (normal length of time) and said to hang on to the loaner over the weekend, they were going to go ahead and take care of a couple of items I had mentioned in passing to my service manager, under warranty, no deductible.

Going above and beyond is nice and you always appreciate small things like that, even if at the end of the day, it is supposed to be part and parcel of what they are supposed to be doing anyways. Common courtesy goes a long way :)

Sazar
09-10-10, 09:25 PM
no separation... only when i push on it. i have to say im used to my 3007 lol. and if i call them back they might sent me an 3007 not a 3008.:)

I have a 2407 and I have a dark wallpaper and when I push it, it sort of "bleeds" a little. Works fine without so I am assuming that is normal :D

onmikesline
09-10-10, 09:27 PM
it has a little dent on the bezel :( small but its there

Sazar
09-10-10, 09:29 PM
it has a little dent on the bezel :( small but its there and i feel it now i cant sleep tonight

Normally, IIRC, Dell's refurbs go through the same check process as new items. There may be minor cosmetic defects sometimes but the product should perform as advertised.

Still, if you aren't satisfied, return it, or I'll take it off your hands :bleh:

onmikesline
09-10-10, 09:30 PM
i took away i cant sleep at night because that going over the top lol

onmikesline
09-11-10, 01:00 PM
well i must admit that the whites look much whiter. other then that its the same thing but with a pretty shell and options built in it. all and all it looks more professional next to my corsair tower. less plastic and the stand seems to be hard black glass

onmikesline
02-09-11, 05:52 PM
im back, i been fighting with dell on bright pixels and they keep sending me a 3008 monitor with always 1 or 2 bright pixels on it, im super tired of shipping the old one back so i give up, ill keep my 3008 with one red pixel :(

happend 6 times after this post was created. i will never buy a dell again

Sazar
02-09-11, 06:05 PM
im back, i been fighting with dell on bright pixels and they keep sending me a 3008 monitor with always 1 or 2 bright pixels on it, im super tired of shipping the old one back so i give up, ill keep my 3008 with one red pixel :(

happend 6 times after this post was created. i will never buy a dell again

That is weird.

Normally, I would have recommended speaking to a higher level tech or a higher level customer care manager. They have usually treated me right for any peripherals issues I have had and there are people who actually know about various issues and those who don't.

Sorry about your experience :( I know you have a big toy and wanted to have a hassle-free playtime :)