PDA

View Full Version : Graphiccard overview


hiostu
07-27-03, 09:38 AM
If this is considered spam please delete this thread.

We at area3d.net have been working on a full scale overview of a lot of graphiccards. We currently very busy with adding more cards and even more information for cards that are already in the list.

The overview gives a lot of basic information and when you click on a name of a card you'll get even more information regarding AA/AF and extra features.

There is also an option to rate and comment on the cards. If you rate a card you HAVE to comment on it. Ratings without the proper comments will be deleted. THis way we want to give a good overview for people who are searching for a new vidcard.

There is also an option to compare up to 4 cards!

Please tell me what you think of the site and give us additional info. Also tell us if you see any incorrect info. We want to create an overview that is correct as possible.

The link to the overview is:
http://www.area3d.net/overview.php

hiostu
08-09-03, 07:14 AM
Updated some parts of the overview. Also added a new part: The Top10

Still a lot of info needs to be added, although there have been updated.

Kev1
08-09-03, 10:40 AM
Setting up the video card specs like you did makes it very easy to see where things stand :thumbsup:

Now I know why my GF3 Ti200 running at Ti500 speeds does so well. Its got the same bandwidth as a GF FX 5600 (8 GB). Amazing :)

B&R
08-09-03, 10:50 AM
Nice work there.
Are u planning to add information abt how those cards OC.. i mean like a general range. It would be nice to give info abt the mainstream cards atleast.

hiostu
08-09-03, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by B&R
Nice work there.
Are u planning to add information abt how those cards OC.. i mean like a general range. It would be nice to give info abt the mainstream cards atleast.

thanx, giving OC possibilities is a bit hard to do. The data is already hard to collect for now. And we couldn't do that for the older cards.

We'll first try to complete the overview and than think of adding more information.

B&R
08-09-03, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by hiostu
thanx, giving OC possibilities is a bit hard to do. The data is already hard to collect for now. And we couldn't do that for the older cards.

We'll first try to complete the overview and than think of adding more information.

hmm may be u should only add OC'ing for the newer cards since it is a very imp issue to be considered. Anyway seems like u are covering the review well ;) and could do this after.

hiostu
08-09-03, 02:40 PM
Well Martin is doing most of the content, I try to help as much as I can. I created the PHP and DB.

BTW I would REALLY appreciate if people would give ratings/comments to cards. THAT would really help to add an extra dimension to the overview. Not only hard numbers but also what the actual users think of the cards!! So please help with ratings/comments.

I know you have to register to do that, I'm sorry that has to be that way, but we do that to prevent misuse!

Johnmcl7
08-09-03, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by hiostu
Well Martin is doing most of the content, I try to help as much as I can. I created the PHP and DB.

BTW I would REALLY appreciate if people would give ratings/comments to cards. THAT would really help to add an extra dimension to the overview. Not only hard numbers but also what the actual users think of the cards!! So please help with ratings/comments.

I know you have to register to do that, I'm sorry that has to be that way, but we do that to prevent misuse!

What sort of comments would you like? I've been looking through it, but I'm not sure what to write about a card like the TNT2, since it's crap these days and not worth considering as a graphics card really, however that's not much use to someone reading your overview (which I think is great by the way)

John

hiostu
08-10-03, 03:32 AM
Just say what you think of the card now. The older cards don't matter that much.

It is a bit difficult to do the rating for the older cards, but just keep in mind the time frame. I'l put that as a comment on the page. The rating count for when they came out.

I'm thinking of adding a timeframe and for the top10 only cards which came out the last 6 months are put in there.

BTW thank you John for starting to fill in some ratings/comments!

hiostu
08-10-03, 07:25 AM
I put the mhz etc in the headers. I'll leave it for now, I might change it back. Depends on what I like the most.

I have also internally added the release year. The fields are going to have to be filled in. But that way we're able to create top10's for all the years.

B&R
08-10-03, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by hiostu
Well Martin is doing most of the content, I try to help as much as I can. I created the PHP and DB.

BTW I would REALLY appreciate if people would give ratings/comments to cards. THAT would really help to add an extra dimension to the overview. Not only hard numbers but also what the actual users think of the cards!! So please help with ratings/comments.

I know you have to register to do that, I'm sorry that has to be that way, but we do that to prevent misuse!

I am goin to regiter and do watever i can. Anyway.. some cards u mite have overlooked are 9600p lite, 5900 value etc.. lower model cards.

hiostu
08-10-03, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by B&R
I am goin to regiter and do watever i can. Anyway.. some cards u mite have overlooked are 9600p lite, 5900 value etc.. lower model cards.

I saw you posted a lot of comments/ratings. Thanks for that, I hope more people will do the same. This way the overview gives more and more information to the users.

B&R
08-10-03, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by hiostu
I saw you posted a lot of comments/ratings. Thanks for that, I hope more people will do the same. This way the overview gives more and more information to the users.

How abt the lower model cards are u tryin to keep this overview at basic level?