PDA

View Full Version : Nehrim - At Fate's Edge (Oblivion TC)

Arioch
09-12-10, 04:07 PM
The long awaited English conversion of Nehrim - At Fate's Edge is finally out. For those that do not know, this is a total conversion for Oblivion. This was developed by Germans and they finally got the English subtitles done for this mod. Link can be found here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge

I won't be able to play much today since I am busy with football. I had all sorts of missing textures and whatnot when I first tried this but I was able to fix it by copying my textures and meshes folder over from the original Oblivion folder.

Looks like I have some RPG loving to hold me over until the big releases in October!

Redeemed
09-12-10, 04:39 PM
Honestly, I rather enjoyed Oblivion. :o

sammy sung
09-12-10, 05:22 PM
Honestly, I rather enjoyed Oblivion. :o

And why would that be embarrassing ? I enjoyed it aswell,if you didn't play morrowind before (wich i didn't ) it was a enjoyable game.I know nekro hated it and said it was light on the rpg side but i can't think of many games (if any) he likes anyway :p

mojoman0
09-12-10, 06:11 PM
liked oblivion as well despite its lack of combat depth and facial aberrations. I think the best game ever would be a combination of an oblivion type world with the mechanics of dark messiah. did I recently read someone the team that made dark messiah was picked up by bethesda or the owners of them?

Ancient76
09-13-10, 05:35 AM
Old!

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152074&highlight=Nehrim+Fate%27s+Edge

Arioch
09-13-10, 05:39 AM
Old!

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152074&highlight=Nehrim+Fate%27s+Edge

I posted this thread for the release of the English version. I knew there was probably mention of this mod before but made a new thread anyway.

Ancient76
09-13-10, 05:43 PM
Didn't notice.

Did you try it?

Arioch
09-14-10, 12:23 AM
I put about 2 hours into it to this point and like it so far. There is English subtitles for all the NPC dialogue when you talk to them and outside of one random note that was still in German, all the books and notes are translated. The map of the world is fairly large and I have read it is nearly the size of the Oblivion map itself. Being able to explore a large new region is a bonus to go along with the many hours of promised questing.

Vanzagar
09-24-10, 10:57 PM
Was going to download, is it worth the effort? Is it stable?

Woodelf
10-19-10, 06:13 PM
I've been playing the English ver. All that I can say is that for a mod, this thing is epic.
I like it much more than oblivion...so far. I'm at lvl 13 and the story is really pretty good.
The bug's are sort of hellish - so save frequently. From what I've read though, some of the world was not created in the most efficient manner (not video card friendly). So don't expect to play with everything set to max. The world itself seems much more intricate and better thought out. Leveling is nice, like morrowind. I hated the oblivion balance system (along with all of those tedious gates). Tonight I'm going to stop the story and go back to do some cave searching and side quest's.