PDA

View Full Version : Two hot pixels - whould I RMA my LCD?

ragejg
09-16-10, 06:55 AM
I have two hot (stuck @ red constantly) right in the middle of my 24" Samsung LCD, about 2" apart. It's only slightly annoying... but could it be indicative of future problems with the LCD?

Should I RMA it?

Bearclaw
09-16-10, 06:58 AM
If they allow it (Some companies only allow to return for X amount of dead pixels) then yeah, why not? I have never heard anything bad about Samsung so I would at least try. :)

nekrosoft13
09-16-10, 07:21 AM
yeah, I would, I know that some Dead Pixel policies might say that they require certain ammount of stuck/dead pixels.

When I buy something with my hard earned cash I expect it to be flawless ;).

Bearclaw
09-16-10, 07:25 AM
yeah, I would, I know that some Dead Pixel policies might say that they require certain ammount of stuck/dead pixels.

THIS. All companies should replace stuff no questions asked, AND we snhouldn't have to pay EXTRA for a warranty but we do.

Also, if you bitch long enough you can get anything from companies.

Roadhog
09-16-10, 09:50 PM
Dead pixel policies do not apply to hot pixels. Usually the hot pixel limit is one. So I would RMA it. Although dell had no problems replacing the lcd's i've had with a dead pixel or backlight bleed.

Bearclaw
09-16-10, 09:53 PM
Dell is FANTASTIC when it comes to returns. Reason why I only buy my monitors from there.

bob saget
09-16-10, 09:57 PM
Dell is FANTASTIC when it comes to returns. Reason why I only buy my monitors from there.

yea my RMA went as smooth as a baby's bottom.

ViN86
09-16-10, 10:51 PM

Sometimes they will replace it if they're in the very center of the screen, too, regardless of how many there are.

nekrosoft13
09-17-10, 07:11 AM

I only buy IPS panels from then ;)

lee63
09-17-10, 10:45 AM
Try the pressure method it worked on my kids LCD, we got rid of two of them.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

mullet
09-17-10, 11:32 AM
I only buy IPS panels from then ;)

+1

Lyme
09-17-10, 12:47 PM
I only buy from places that will replace dead or stuck pixels even it is just one, no exceptions.

lduguay
09-17-10, 01:05 PM
Rage, you may want to check your background image, i had two red hot pixels, 2 inch apart too, until i removed my background image.

I even tried Lee's pressure method and it only got worse.:o

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8mL8z3OTBxx7IM:http://img185.echo.cx/img185/5702/victoriabeckham127kr.jpg&t=1

bacon12
09-17-10, 01:44 PM
~ Motorboat ~

Logical
09-17-10, 04:58 PM
Chances are that the lit pixels your seeing are sub-pixels...in which case most warrantys will go upto 7 lit sub pixels.

If the dot is very small it is a sub pixel, a full pixel will look quite big and arent usually lit all the time with same colour and more often than not a full pixel would be dead not lit.

onmikesline
09-24-10, 07:10 PM
dell upgraded me because i had a red stuck pixel 10 months later