PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about upgrading Mommy!

Pages : [1] 2

v3rninater
09-17-10, 11:27 PM
She has a X2600 athlon single core with 512mb ram, it's pretty horrendous for her. This is what I'm thinking about getting her, minus the SSD, that's for me lol.

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/1662/momscomp.th.jpg (http://img816.imageshack.us/i/momscomp.jpg/)

Redeemed
09-17-10, 11:55 PM
That'll be a huge step up, for certain. :lol:

Be a good son- giver her the SSD. :wonder: :D

:lol:

bob saget
09-18-10, 12:58 AM
you are a great son. my mom only recently discovered youtube, with my help :D

v3rninater
09-18-10, 09:57 AM
Well I was thinking about it, she only uses 30gb's right now, and like never really does anything super crazy that uses space. I believe it supports trim, so that's great! Anyone have a good site or some reference sites that would help me better understand what to do with SSD's?

bob saget
09-18-10, 12:32 PM
i think SSD for your mom is overkill, if you just want to spend the money, i am sure it will be an improvement, but for a "casual user", i think it is overkill.

v3rninater
09-19-10, 11:51 PM
NONSENSE, SSD'S FOR MUM R A NECESSITY!!!

It's ordered brosive jonesmccweef!!!

v3rninater
09-30-10, 12:18 PM
Wow, is all I can say, SSD's are frankly the best upgrade in a computer!!!

Mom's mind is gonna be BLOWN!!!

ROFL, I just ordered a G-skill 120gb Pro SSD....oh man...this is gonna rock! Especially in the wake of my WD Black harddrives failing or doing unusual things lately. Yeah, that's right, BOTH my WD Black drives are failing...including the one I just recently bought...1TB Black. What a joke spindle drives are!

mullet
09-30-10, 10:07 PM
Good son.

bob saget
09-30-10, 10:09 PM
my western digital black 640 is still running well.

betterdan
10-01-10, 03:17 AM
Mine is too Bob. I'd love to upgrade your mom though :bleh:

bob saget
10-01-10, 03:16 PM
:lol: the key to her heart is with an SSD :naughty:

betterdan
10-01-10, 03:37 PM
SSD as in Surprisngly Sexy Di... ?

v3rninater
10-02-10, 04:55 AM
shud up you guys, geez I did mom a good thing and you guys are jealous! Seriously though, the more you guys jump on the bandwagon, the less you would disagree about SSD's, they are the bomb.

betterdan
10-02-10, 07:34 AM
umm ok. Since when did this discussion turn towards your mom? I thought we were discussing Bob's mom :eek2:

v3rninater
10-02-10, 02:17 PM
Dan your jealous of failclaw and bob, and other man meat related content, so I'm surprised u care about anyones mom.

betterdan
10-02-10, 04:13 PM
I am jealous of them because of their moms. I mean who wouldn't want an upgrade like that? :naughty:

bob saget
10-02-10, 04:25 PM
I am jealous of them because of their moms. I mean who wouldn't want an upgrade like that? :naughty:

:rofl

Redeemed
10-02-10, 06:16 PM
Wow. This thread took a... typical nvnews turn. :lol:

That's a good thing you did, v3rn. She's gonna' be very happy.

However, understand that she probably wont realise the entire magnitude of what you did for her. Honestly, and unless she's an advanced user she probably never will.

Which makes the gift that much better, imo. :)

v3rninater
10-02-10, 09:37 PM
Dude, she already loves it, it's leaps and bounds above what she had, and her compy is like a brand new car now. It's all shiney and new with awesome perks, it's really great! See, when I'm blessed, it just overflows to my family and friends! I've given my friend systems I've made before, it's all a product of being muh friend n stuff!

Anyhow, it's pretty cool, me n ma have cool new hd's...lol!

Redeemed
10-02-10, 09:42 PM
Dude, she already loves it, it's leaps and bounds above what she had, and her compy is like a brand new car now. It's all shiney and new with awesome perks, it's really great! See, when I'm blessed, it just overflows to my family and friends! I've given my friend systems I've made before, it's all a product of being muh friend n stuff!

Anyhow, it's pretty cool, me n ma have cool new hd's...lol!

Awwwww! :wonder:

Seriously though, I hear ya'. Back when I used to buy only bleeding edge stuff, I'd pass my "old" hardware down to my close friends and family. For example- my mom's computer is rocking dual 640MB 8800GTSs in SLi. :lol:

Hey, it does *everything* her and pops need it to. :lol:

But yeah- great that she's happy. That's the best part, seeing people over joyed by this stuff. :) Makes it all worth while IMO. ;)

bob saget
10-02-10, 09:47 PM
jeez get a room you two. i send my family viruses.....

:p

v3rninater
10-02-10, 09:55 PM
LoL for real!?

Edit: Bob I'm pretty darn sure you would be the man behind the mirror watchin too...don't lie

Redeemed
10-02-10, 09:59 PM
Oh... my. :lol:

Bob- shuttup and ride your trike! :p

bob saget
10-02-10, 10:10 PM
yea i am real intense.

Redeemed
10-02-10, 10:13 PM
yea i am real intense.

Got them pink flames painted on that trike, eh? Ever get those fender flares installed? :wonder: