PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Found My Case To Get!!

UberRN69
09-21-10, 11:10 AM
Ever since I upgraded my system (AMD 965BE OC'd to 4.2GHz, MSI 890FX), I realized that I needed a new case with better air flow than my Lian-Li PC-A6010B. To keep the temps @39-41C, I had to turn the 140mm front and 120mm back to full blast with a Zalman CNPS9900-LED. I turn down my OC to 4.0GHz for now until I can get a better case.

I was finding that I liked the features found in the full tower like some of the Coolermaster Cosmos cases or the ATCS 840. But wasn't found of the huge size.

I not a big fan of clear case windows, because even with filters, dust builds of too quickly. I was always taking the case panel off like 2-3 times a week. I don't mind mesh though, because all you have to do it wipe them off from the outside.

I also tend to be particular about the cosmetic appearance of my case. I like simple, clean lines.

I was actually deciding between the Coolermaster HAF 22 or the Sniper, but then I found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64JDcsyQqt8&feature=related

I really like the layout, looks and design. Even how the fan controller is not some big bulky knob, but low profile instead. I would replace the white led fans with red or blue ones, but that's about all I can find to gripe about.

Newegg just started selling these. I'll wait a month or two for a sale or discounted shipping.

So what do you guys think?

LT.Schaffer
09-21-10, 11:41 AM
I like the look of that case:)

I Also think the CM 690 II Advanced i just bought from Newegg for $89.99+Free Shipping is An awesome case[Best i've ever used]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119216&Tpk=CM%20690%20Advanced

grey_1
09-21-10, 12:14 PM
Very nice looking case! Looks closer to a full than a mid tower though...hmmm, really liking that case.... :lol:

UberRN69
09-21-10, 12:36 PM
Very nice looking case! Looks closer to a full than a mid tower though...hmmm, really liking that case.... :lol:

I know it's kind of big for a mid tower, but it's still small than the full towers from Antec, Coolermaster and Lian-Li.

I like the look of that case:)

I Also think the CM 690 II Advanced i just bought from Newegg for $89.99+Free Shipping is An awesome case[Best i've ever used]

I do like the CM 690 II, it was also one that I also considered. I was a little picky with the look of the side panel air vents. Not a big deal, just something I would consider.

Yaboze
09-21-10, 12:47 PM
I'm really digging it, I think my next case will be a Corsair.

grey_1
09-21-10, 01:06 PM
I know it's kind of big for a mid tower, but it's still small than the full towers from Antec, Coolermaster and Lian-Li.

I do like the CM 690 II, it was also one that I also considered. I was a little picky with the look of the side panel air vents. Not a big deal, just something I would consider.

Oh, I wasn't complaining, I would grab that in a heartbeat if my current case weren't a gift from my lovely wife recently :lol:

UberRN69
09-21-10, 01:12 PM
Oh, I wasn't complaining, I would grab that in a heartbeat if my current case weren't a gift from my lovely wife recently :lol:

:wtf:Your WIFE bought you a case!?!?!

:hug:HOLD ON TO HER... AND NEVER LET GO!
I hope you know how lucky you are.

On a GOOD day, the best I get are mocking comments:(.

Drolfrawd
09-21-10, 01:20 PM
Sweet case

Bearclaw
09-21-10, 01:30 PM

You get the inside airbrushed yet?!

grey_1
09-21-10, 01:39 PM
You get the inside airbrushed yet?!

You mean powder coated? :lol:

Not yet bro..too lazy to take it apart.

Bearclaw
09-21-10, 01:44 PM
shuddup and just do it. :bleh:

grey_1
09-21-10, 01:49 PM
shuddup and just do it. :bleh:

:p Now stop hijacking the man's thread. :p

Bman212121
09-21-10, 03:38 PM
Just read a little review at techspot.

http://techreport.com/articles.x/19638/1

Looks like a really nice case. Having built in dust filters is something I wish more cases had. Basically has most of the things that I'd look for in a case. Only thing is I'd have to put a window in it. (Hopefully they will sell a windowed side panel if the case sells well)

UberRN69
09-22-10, 09:40 AM
I would definately be interested in a panel with a mesh/honeycomb type of window.

The 600T is almost identical to the CM Storm Sniper Black Edition minus the mesh panal, in function and shape. I like the smoother lines of the 600T more.

That said, I can get a Storm Sniper for only $90 plus $2 shipping.

Maverick123w
09-22-10, 02:15 PM
I would definately be interested in a panel with a mesh/honeycomb type of window.

The 600T is almost identical to the CM Storm Sniper Black Edition minus the mesh panal, in function and shape. I like the smoother lines of the 600T more.

That said, I can get a Storm Sniper for only $90 plus $2 shipping.

I was just about to post that this is essentially a Sniper that's more expensive and has worse airflow (than the black edition anyway). Too expensive in my opinion.

DiscipleDOC
09-22-10, 02:17 PM
That's a nice lookin' case! :thumbsup:

nekrosoft13
09-22-10, 03:16 PM
nice case for the price point, i wonder if they addressed all the flaws with their first case.

still made of steel :( and now wrapped in more plastic :(

UberRN69
09-22-10, 06:48 PM
...and now wrapped in more plastic :(

I'm not a very big fan of plastic either. Seems that a lot case I find have so many great features, but then they implement plastic trim or molding that looks kind of cheap.

The guy in the video says that while it is plastic, it's done very well. I just wish I lived close to a Frys. They always carry most of the popular cases, and it's always nice to see what they look like in person.

nekrosoft13
09-22-10, 09:26 PM
I just wish I lived close to a Frys. They always carry most of the popular cases, and it's always nice to see what they look like in person.

trip to frys is what prevented me from buying a cosmos, raven and that old corsair case.

Its easy to notice flaws in design when you can see the case up close.

I might go to fry's over the weekend and most some detailed pictures.

mullet
09-22-10, 10:23 PM
Always but always buy a good case right off then you never have to spend money and more money on cases, just spend the money the first time and get a good one nobody but nobody has ever regretted it. It may seem hard if money is limited but mow lawns, wax you dads car do what ever you can to get the money. Never kiss a fat chick for money it's just not worth the nightmares.

my 2 cents.

nekrosoft13
09-23-10, 07:07 AM
Always but always buy a good case right off then you never have to spend money and more money on cases, just spend the money the first time and get a good one nobody but nobody has ever regretted it. It may seem hard if money is limited but mow lawns, wax you dads car do what ever you can to get the money. Never kiss a fat chick for money it's just not worth the nightmares.

my 2 cents.

very true, went through few cases that i regret buying.

1) Original Stacker 830 with the patented CoolerMaster crooked motherboard tray, most original Stacker 830 suffered from it.

2) then the Cooler Master ATSC-840, with painted front panel, that paint was rubbing off.

All this because I wanted to save few bucks.

Bearclaw
09-23-10, 07:35 AM
very true, went through few cases that i regret buying.

1) Original Stacker 830 with the patented CoolerMaster crooked motherboard tray, most original Stacker 830 suffered from it.

2) then the Cooler Master ATSC-840, with painted front panel, that paint was rubbing off.

All this because I wanted to save few bucks.

That problem though was found to only be you for some odd reason. I remember that thread and various other people with the same case didn't have that issue.

nekrosoft13
09-23-10, 07:39 AM
at the microcenter in westmond, there were 2 cases(mine that I returned, and second in their stock) that had the same issue. there could be more. even without that issue the ATCS-840 was not ideal. It was Aluminum yet heavy. My Lian-Li is same size also made of aluminum, yet lighter, sturdier and better constructed.

Logical
09-23-10, 10:12 AM
I would never buy a Coolermaster case again. The stacker 832 i had was very rattly...the mesh panels had a tendancy to make noises when the fans were on 100% and as Nekro said the motherboard tray used to be a pain in the ass for removing. Considering its size it wasnt very solid and after a week it turned into a eyesore to look at.

Corsair, Lian LI and Silverstone all the way.