PDA

View Full Version : Official F1 2010 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

nekrosoft13
09-23-10, 10:04 AM
The Official F1 2010 thread, now discuss, post screens shots ;)

ViN86
09-23-10, 12:37 PM
Stickied. Let me know what you think of it slawter.

newparad1gm
09-23-10, 03:07 PM
So far so good, I aired some of my issues with the presentation of the game in the other thread for this, but the actual driving itself has been fun. I've been playing on Hard with a few of the sliders customized, but I'm sure it would be alot more fun with a wheel rather than a 360 controller. Unfortunately, its a bit buggy in triple wide resolutions, with lots of texture flickering and clipped polygons which go away when set to a standard resolution, which is disappointing because DiRT2 was so good in at 5760x1080. 3D Vision for this is gimped as well, so for now I'm just playing on my 42" HDTV instead.

Roliath
09-23-10, 06:37 PM
I was waiting for your review on this.
Thanks slaWter!

sammy sung
09-23-10, 08:56 PM
Sounds and looks good,it behaves weird though and pauses/stops here and there wich is horrible when you are right behind someone.Started a career with lotus on hard difficulty,i don't have a wheel atm so i use a xbox pc pad.Qualified at 18th (goal was 20th) and got a good start and had a good race,gained some positions from passes and others pitting,beat my team-mate's (trulli) laptime with 2 sec and then pitted for the harder tires.Cought chandok and tried passing him when the game froze for a brief moment and when it unfroze i ran into him,broke my front wing and also got a drive-through penalty :thumbdwn:

Up to that point i had a lot of fun but if these small hiccups keeps happening i don't think ill play it much,it's such a pain in the ass having to start the race again because the game bugs out.Running it with 4xmsaa 1650x1080 with all ingame settings at full,runs great apart from the sudden hitching.

|MaguS|
09-23-10, 08:59 PM
Reviews are saying Sony handled the license better then Codemasters. :p

Blade
09-24-10, 04:54 AM
It's fookin Dirt 2 F1 style, bs overhyped console ****e again.....

MaXThReAT
09-24-10, 05:48 AM
This isn't looking good and I haven't really been happy with Codecrappers since CMR2004.
Dirt was okay but I think I'll take a big pass on this one and save $40 bucks, put it towards an iRacing account.

JohnDio
09-24-10, 06:13 AM
This game feels so scripted :(

-corner exit: 2nd gear easy. 1st gear results in a spin just after slightly touching the pedal.

Here is something funnier. Corner exit with 2nd gear and full throttle and the car didn't slide. Now in the same corner after one round, i had 4th gear and the car spin by slightly touching the pedal (weather was the same). This is the most annoying thing in F1 2010 for me and was present in Shift too.

Crow_Nest
09-24-10, 02:17 PM
First mods are out:

http://www.virtualr.net/f1-2010-camera-mods-released/

Give it some time and this will turn into a decent game.
All we need is better FFB, no head bobbing and good wheel/pedal pre-sets. And of course a complete physics overhaul :p

Thats good to know. I was disappointed when they announced there will be no modding tools released for the game. I guess they want us to buy future DLCs if any.

Now i just hope someone will mod the game to make the handling more realistic. Its TOOOOOO easy to drive as compared to the last great F1 game which was F1 Challenge.

FlakMagnet
09-25-10, 04:17 AM
Wow! A lot of hate for this game here :(

I'm really enjoying the game, but am not an expert. I have to play on easy at the moment as medium is too difficult for me. I also play with Automatic gears as I can't drive very well with manual.

So maybe doing those things means I don't see the scripted corners issue that Slawter reported.

If you are not a sim fan, but someone who enjoys a 'bit of a drive' then I think you'll enjoy this game. I also enjoyed GRiD and still enjoy DiRT2 very much.

I know F1 2010 is not a true sim, but that's good for me as I'm just not good enough for that :)

NuBee
09-25-10, 04:36 AM
It's fookin Dirt 2 F1 style...

Well, I wish it would have been like that, but it's not! I mean the presentation, the graphics, the atmosphere. It's a lot of detail there but the light ist not even near Dirt 2. Sunny doesn't look sunny at all, looks more like cloudy weather. The yellowish tone from GRID is there again. So again we need talented modder to make this game look like it should be. Compared to my system, do I really need a GTX480 to have better weather graphics? In my oppinion was the atmosphear, the light in Dirt 2 almost perfect. The only thing that looks good is the rainy weather. Maybe Dirt 3 will be better.
So please modders, do something about it.

Blade
09-25-10, 04:52 AM
You're right, that was an insult to Dirt2, was hoping for more from this game, i should know better because no game in the last 5 years has ever exceeded my expectation, oh well nm.

sammy sung
09-25-10, 08:47 AM
This game sucks for me,its really smooth for 5-6 laps but after that i get pauses/hitching so often i have trouble staying on track.Pointless to play as everything i gain in the first 5 laps i lose in pretty much one lap after that ,running off,spinning etc due to the weird performance issues.I tried changing the sounddriver from rapture to software as someone suggested here :

http://segmentnext.com/2010/09/23/f1-2010-errors-crashes-freezes-fixes/

It didn't work for me though,not tried the other fixes there but as it is now i cannot finish a 10 lap race without issues,hopefully they'll adress it in a patch.

FlakMagnet
09-25-10, 03:53 PM
Wow! A lot of hate for this game here :(

I'm really enjoying the game, but am not an expert. I have to play on easy at the moment as medium is too difficult for me. I also play with Automatic gears as I can't drive very well with manual.

So maybe doing those things means I don't see the scripted corners issue that Slawter reported.

If you are not a sim fan, but someone who enjoys a 'bit of a drive' then I think you'll enjoy this game. I also enjoyed GRiD and still enjoy DiRT2 very much.

I know F1 2010 is not a true sim, but that's good for me as I'm just not good enough for that :)

OK, been trying with manual gears, and without changing anything else, I am competitive on Medium setting. No idea why. Seems that selecting Automatic gears artificially slows you. Does that sound right?

So now playing on Medium with manual gears and loving it :D

sammy sung
09-25-10, 09:32 PM
Codemasters forums are getting hammered by user complains, especially about the "AI":

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316

It's now pretty much confirmed that the AI cars don't lap. Their laptimes are "generated" and the cars are just on track to look good :p
Wouldn't be the only thing that's scripted in this game :thumbdwn:

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5724/f1lol.jpg

:rofl As bad as it gets.

Holy crap,90 pages of people reporting bugs/being pissed off :eek:.Makes me wonder how many shortcuts CM took to get the game out in time,apparently far too many.

nutcrackr
09-25-10, 10:08 PM
I'm finding it hard to get into this game. Obviously not a straight arcade game because I'm so used to shoving drivers in games like GRID. and not really as enjoyable as rally in DiRT 2. Finding it a lot tougher because races are longer. I turned off the track assist because it just did not feel right but obviously makes it tougher.

Penalties are sometimes complete BS though, even on reduced I got a 10 second penalty for blocking when I was barely on the track and nowhere near the other driver...

gerardfraser
09-26-10, 06:29 AM
I think the game is pure fun for a racing game.Graphics are stunning in the rain.
Istanbul in the rain.MAX DX11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LChYvFxyNI

newparad1gm
09-26-10, 12:48 PM
Glad your finally enjoying this game slawter, I've been having fun with it as well, but I've been playing on hard already with some sliders changed, on my 360 pad, so I guess the moment you stop taking this game seriously, you start having fun with it.

I haven't seen any DX11 options in the menu. Is it like DiRT2 where it automatically applies a DX11 renderer if you have the options on Ultra and you have a DX11 card?

My loading times when I had the game on my SSD were fine, but when I moved the game to my ATI machine and put it on a regular RAID 0 spindle drive array, I noticed the loading times, but only when loading the race. I haven't noticed any obscene loading times after the race when I go back to the paddock.

JohnDio
09-26-10, 05:38 PM
Video of the 'bug' :lol: :lol:

lEZ6InjuYGk

Crow_Nest
09-27-10, 12:38 AM
Video of the 'bug' :lol: :lol:

lEZ6InjuYGk

wtf that really blows. How could they have overlooked that? And ironically, F1 in real life is has extremely precise timings.

Anyway i went for the Singapore race last night. Sat at the marina bay grandstand. When one of the cars crashed everyone got out their seats and went ape**** even the ushers couldnt control us. :D

Sazar
09-27-10, 01:54 AM
wtf that really blows. How could they have overlooked that? And ironically, F1 in real life is has extremely precise timings.

Anyway i went for the Singapore race last night. Sat at the marina bay grandstand. When one of the cars crashed everyone got out their seats and went ape**** even the ushers couldnt control us. :D

Man, I can't wait for F1 to come to Austin :D

THAT is going to be awesome.

How much were the tickets over in Singapore? I've been there a number of times and have stayed in the Marina area several times, but not since the track came about, I imagine it's absolutely bonkers out there :D

-edit-

That bug video is pretty amazing for the sheer speed that he is able to swing around the corners and the acceleration/speed he is carrying in and out.

Very arcadey :(

nutcrackr
09-27-10, 04:00 AM
Is there any mod that lets you increase the number of flashbacks?

Also any mod that removes the rain drops from the camera when its just above the driver?

Also any mod that removes the damn tyre punctures? lol

Crow_Nest
09-27-10, 06:26 AM
Man, I can't wait for F1 to come to Austin :D

THAT is going to be awesome.

How much were the tickets over in Singapore? I've been there a number of times and have stayed in the Marina area several times, but not since the track came about, I imagine it's absolutely bonkers out there :D

I think its 200+ SGD for the marina bay grandstand seat. The walk abouts are the cheapest of course, but they blocked off some of the nice spots. I remember going in my first year, i was at the bus stop just outside the esplanade. The cars zoom past at high speed and you can totally feel the suction of the vacuum after that. Amazing stuff. Sadly they blocked off that area.

Also any mod that removes the damn tyre punctures? lol

Disable tyre simulation?

newparad1gm
09-27-10, 09:52 AM

I don't think its so much of a bug as it is a terrible design decision to try to cover up the flaws in the engine. The Ego engine was designed for rally racing where the starts are staggered and you could be the only car on the track for a while, and I'm guessing they just couldn't get a true AI with actual laps and times to perform correctly when there are a bunch of cars on a small track like in F1.