PDA

View Full Version : Steam account stolen

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rakeesh
09-26-10, 03:42 PM
I haven't logged on to steam in ages but just recently I got an email from steam with a confirmation of an email address change without ever requesting one. So putting two and two together I tried to log in to steam and sure enough my password doesn't work.

Not sure how anybody could have guessed my login name and password since I don't use either of them elsewhere, and since I haven't logged in to steam in a long time there's no chance of my password being keylogged without something else of mine also getting stolen. That and I know what phishing scams look like and don't fall for them (nor have I even typed my steam login name in over six months.)

Anyways I already started the account re-claiming process (who knows when they'll actually give it back to me) but meanwhile I'm concerned if anybody might cheat using my account and get it vac banned. That said, can anybody in the nvnews steam group check if it shows me (I'm named Rakeesh in the nvnews group) logged in?

Redeemed
09-26-10, 03:50 PM
Will do. You start banning members and I'll have to ban you. :bleh:

Actually- don't think I can since you're the owner of the group.

Wait a min...

END OF DAYSSSS!!!! :scarey:

Roadhog
09-26-10, 03:50 PM
they will get your account back, but it is more than likely vac banned. Which they can't do anything about.

bob saget
09-26-10, 03:53 PM
can't find you in the group or in my friends. it's possible whoever stole it left all the groups. I added an account called rakeesh to my friends, and it says it was online 66 days ago and created in Dec, '08.

Redeemed
09-26-10, 03:54 PM
Actually... I cannot find you in the nVnews group...

Rakeesh
09-26-10, 03:54 PM
I wonder how the hell it got stolen, I wonder if somebody hacked valves servers.

Rakeesh
09-26-10, 03:55 PM
I added an account called rakeesh to my friends, and it says it was online 66 days ago and created in Dec, '08.

That doesn't sound like mine, I created my account back when steam was brand new.

Rakeesh
09-26-10, 03:57 PM
they will get your account back, but it is more than likely vac banned. Which they can't do anything about.

If this is the case I won't buy anymore steam games, that's BS.

bob saget
09-26-10, 03:57 PM
That doesn't sound like mine, I created my account back when steam was brand new.

very very strange.

bob saget
09-26-10, 03:58 PM
If this is the case I won't buy anymore steam games, that's BS.

yea, if it is VAC banned, then all the multiplayer games on your account are screwed, but not singleplayer.

Drolfrawd
09-26-10, 04:11 PM
Oh that sucks big time, sorry to hear that. did you have many games

Rakeesh
09-26-10, 04:16 PM
Oh that sucks big time, sorry to hear that. did you have many games

hl1, hl2, and orange box

mailman2
09-26-10, 05:14 PM
hl1, hl2, and orange box

meh, thats like $30 worth of games.

Mine worth a bit more...
Found 53 Games with a value of $1035.48 USD

:D

grey_1
09-26-10, 05:25 PM
Sorry your account got hacked - that's worrying that it was stolen that way.

Redeemed
09-26-10, 05:25 PM
How do you tell how many games you have, and the dollar value of your account?

Add them up individually with a calculator? :lol:

Roadhog
09-26-10, 05:27 PM
yea, if it is VAC banned, then all the multiplayer games on your account are screwed, but not singleplayer.

VAC bans are by engine, so if you got banned on the source engine, you wouldn't be banned on the source 2007 engine, and so on.

bob saget
09-26-10, 05:32 PM
VAC bans are by engine, so if you got banned on the source engine, you wouldn't be banned on the source 2007 engine, and so on.

had no idea bout this.

Roadhog
09-26-10, 05:33 PM
had no idea bout this.

you do now. :D

JaylumX
09-26-10, 05:47 PM
My Steam account got thieffed eariler this year but Steam (or whoever) managed to retrieve it for me without much fun. Probably because i acted early. The fact that it happenned is irritating. I found out when a couple of days after i activated Dirt 2 on steam and it would not log on to live properly, then when i was replaying Arkham Asylum, GFWL told me that my seriel was incorrect.

The nerve of some people :D

crainger
09-26-10, 06:08 PM
That sucks they could either guess or hack your account. Usually I only hear about those who have pulled a Redeemed. ::(:

Redeemed
09-26-10, 06:09 PM
That sucks they could either guess or hack your account. Usually I only hear about those who have pulled a Redeemed. ::(:

Gosh dangit crainger! :lol: :o

Bearclaw
09-26-10, 08:11 PM
:lol:

wheeljack12
09-26-10, 08:19 PM
I have something weird happening on stream. When I install a retail store copy of ANY steam game, it resets my system part way through install. For some games, I don't mind d/ling, but others are why I bought the retail copy, because a bd writer is still faster than a internet connection, unless you live in chattanooga.

ViN86
09-26-10, 11:14 PM
They must have a petition process if your account is VAC banned. In the meantime, you can check to see if your account is VAC banned or not on this site:

http://www.vacbanned.com/

Albo
09-26-10, 11:53 PM
Ok, I wasted 2 minutes of my day to find you your account. It's this.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ilidan49

After checking the steam vacbanned, it's not banned. But know that vac bans take time to process, I think a month, maybe earlier, so it will most likely not show anything for a while.

But yea, that IS your account.

You're welcome. :)