PDA

View Full Version : Steam Wallet goes live


Pages : [1] 2 3

mojoman0
09-30-10, 01:54 PM
Looks like TF2 will be the first to fully implement the payment system, starting a new micro transaction architecture for steam games

http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy/FAQ

The Steam Wallet has officially been released along with the Team Fortress 2 Mann Co. Store, where players can now purchase items right within TF2.

With Steam Wallet, you can add value to your Steam account using any of the payment methods supported by Steam. Funds in your Steam Wallet may then be used to buy any item available in the Steam store on an in-game store. You can load up your Steam Wallet ahead of time, or wait until checkout. Also, different payment methods can be combined to make a single purchase.

Once you've added funds to your wallet, that money will be used by default for subsequent Steam store purchases. But if you'd prefer to reserve your wallet balance for in-game purchases of Mad Milk, Holy Mackerel and Bushwackas, no problem -- simply select another payment method during checkout. Your wallet funds will be there the next time you're ready to shop at Mann Co., or any other in-game store.

TF2's Mann Co. Store is the first of many upcoming Steamworks in-game stores where Steam Wallet funds can be spent. See the TF2 Mannconomy FAQ for any questions specific to that game. Otherwise, feel free to give the wallet a try for your next Steam purchase, and please let us know what you think.

Soetdjuret
09-30-10, 05:31 PM
So this means, there will be alot of kidz running around with exclusive hats all over in TF2? :D :S

Bearclaw
09-30-10, 05:34 PM
So this means, there will be alot of kidz running around with exclusive hats all over in TF2? :D :S

This. :lol: seems kind of pointless.

ViN86
09-30-10, 05:36 PM
Yay μTransactions. :|

mojoman0
09-30-10, 05:51 PM
Yea just a way for TF2 players to give back I guess since valve puts so much effort into updates

Roadhog
09-30-10, 05:53 PM
FS: 5000 TF2 Gold, $19.99.

mojoman0
09-30-10, 06:17 PM
yea wow just looked and there are some expensive items. You can buy a hat for like $17

Bearclaw
09-30-10, 06:32 PM
yea wow just looked and there are some expensive items. You can buy a hat for like $17

Ya. :wtf:

Soetdjuret
09-30-10, 06:44 PM
yea wow just looked and there are some expensive items. You can buy a hat for like $17

LOL wtf?

bob saget
09-30-10, 06:45 PM
for $17, i'd rather buy a tub of ice cream and 2 canisters of whipped cream.

nutcrackr
09-30-10, 06:49 PM
Full price list: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1450102

Total cost of all items in the store is $359.20

I don't play TF2 anymore but this is one of the lamest things Valve has ever done. You can still get items for free but from what I've been told it takes hundreds of hours.

GIGARAM
09-30-10, 07:17 PM
yeah ive just been on tryig to play a game and everyone is trying to trade crap, its totaly messed up the game now, no-one is playing there all just standing in the spawn area trying to trade everything they have.

[AK]Zip
09-30-10, 08:00 PM
Good thing I gave up on this game some time ago.

Destroy
09-30-10, 08:18 PM
yeah ive just been on tryig to play a game and everyone is trying to trade crap, its totaly messed up the game now, no-one is playing there all just standing in the spawn area trying to trade everything they have.

It's not a game, it's a social event.

Albo
09-30-10, 08:23 PM
I need to get on!

Sazar
09-30-10, 10:34 PM
I have mixed feelings about this, but I bought the new sniper rifle and it's kinda cool for messing around with.

Wish the brain-slug was available to buy for my pyro :(

Albo
09-30-10, 10:46 PM
You actually BOUGHT with actual money, a cosmetic item for a game. SERIOUSLY?
Wow.

This feels like a whole new game, so many new weapons, so many new features. I felt like a nub.

Sazar
09-30-10, 10:49 PM
You actually BOUGHT with actual money, a cosmetic item for a game. SERIOUSLY?
Wow.

This feels like a whole new game, so many new weapons, so many new features. I felt like a nub.

I'm sorry I spent my money that I work hard for on an item I was interested in within a game I spend a lot of time playing :)

All other items I have were crafted or dropped.

Elvin Presler
10-01-10, 02:16 AM
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Just NO!

nekrosoft13
10-01-10, 07:22 AM
Full price list: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1450102

Total cost of all items in the store is $359.20

I don't play TF2 anymore but this is one of the lamest things Valve has ever done. You can still get items for free but from what I've been told it takes hundreds of hours.

holly ****, that is worse the DLC

Bearclaw
10-01-10, 07:37 AM
holly ****, that is worse the DLC

I just bought all the hats. :bleh:

|MaguS|
10-01-10, 11:12 AM
holly ****, that is worse the DLC

Not really since the content is still available to everyone, if you don't want to buy an item you can still earn it through playing the game (they didn't make items harder to get). Plus people who buy items can't craft or trade them with other players.

This is just allowing people who don't have the time investment to get the items or just don't want to invest the time to buy some items (only 60% of the items are for sale, the other 40% can only be earned through the game).

Sazar
10-01-10, 11:53 AM
I just bought all the hats. :bleh:

Is brain slug available now?

Vardant
10-01-10, 02:53 PM
Not really since the content is still available to everyone, if you don't want to buy an item you can still earn it through playing the game (they didn't make items harder to get). Plus people who buy items can't craft or trade them with other players.

This is just allowing people who don't have the time investment to get the items or just don't want to invest the time to buy some items (only 60% of the items are for sale, the other 40% can only be earned through the game).
I wish that was true, but I think the article on Kotaku said, that some of the items can only be bought. If this catches on like DLC, then it's only going to get worse.

|MaguS|
10-01-10, 02:57 PM
I wish that was true, but I think the article on Kotaku said, that some of the items can only be bought. If this catches on like DLC, then it's only going to get worse.

Yeah Kotaku is wrong... Go to the website for the store and read the faq.

http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy/FAQ/