PDA

View Full Version : Official Medal of Honor Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

K007
10-04-10, 02:48 AM
It's live if you install the client manually, if u got it off Steam you have to wait till tomorrow.

As for the game, engine looks smoother, chat works. The snow map is just dumb as hell, the bloom on the engine is set to overkill! It's like the old days in CS and on ure CRT monitor you set the brightness/game brightness to max just to see **** in the dark...

Vardant
10-04-10, 03:06 AM
This is retarded, I have to download the whole thing again because of this...thanks Steam :thumbdwn:

K007
10-04-10, 03:19 AM
Mate i wouldn't waste too much time on it...not worth it.

dikinher
10-04-10, 03:19 AM
I keep getting disconnected after 10 minutes of playing. I am not impressed. It plays exactly like Bad Company 2, not saying BC2 is bad, but come on...I expected something different. Frankly, I am already sick of the Frostbite engine. There are random frame drops in some areas and mouse movement tends to get jittery and my GPUs are only using 50%-55% of their power at the maximum.

Edit:

Also the bloom is out of control. AA is also inconsistent.

K007
10-04-10, 03:27 AM
Yea the AA is so strange i am not sure if its AA or just some kind of a blur AA...

ragejg
10-04-10, 03:39 AM
DLing now through EA. I'm keeping my expectations low, and hope to be able to optimize via INI file adjustment...

dikinher
10-04-10, 03:45 AM
Played again before I got disconnected. It's not so bad after you do some tweaking, think BC2.

I have my settings as follows

Width=1920
Height=1080
Fullscreen=true
RefreshRate=60
VSync=true (From false)
[Sound]
Quality=medium (Changed to High but reverts back to Medium)
VoipEnable=true
[Graphics]
Effects=high
Soldiers=high
Vehicles=high
Overgrowth=high
Undergrowth=high
StaticObjects=high
Terrain=high
Shadows=high
Bloom=False (From Medium)
HSAO=true
MSAA=2
Water=high
MainQuality=custom
Texture=high
DxVersion=10 (From auto)
Aniso=16 (From 4, even though I had it on 16 ingame settings)
Detail=high
RenderAheadLimit=2
Fov=78 (From 55 default)

wysiwyg
10-04-10, 04:33 AM
i have it installed but i dont think ill even bother now

K007
10-04-10, 04:33 AM
i noticed they added local servers..

i can't join any because i need to have pb installed....which i already do and it's running....what more do i need to do?

NoWayDude
10-04-10, 05:47 AM
I can't connect to any server....at all

Weird

dikinher, how do you change settings?

Vardant
10-04-10, 05:59 AM
Users\Username\Documents\EA Games\Medal of Honor Open Beta\settings.ini

Can't get Punkbuster to work either, but it doesn't really matter, because the game kicks me out every few minutes anyway :D

K007
10-04-10, 06:54 AM
ok it seems if ure installing the game and u select not to install pb (because u already had it installed for other games/etc) then the game sets pb off (ie setting to 0) and there is no way to enable it, u can chance this setting in BC2, but u can't do that in moh.

so ure only option is to uninstall, reinstall, then select to install pb again.

performance on the desert style map is pretty god awful..and it's got this weird filter...that just looks strange.

I am looking forward to BlackOps, i will pass MoH, or wait till it's 5 bucks on steam.

Not worth it as a full game, because it is indeed...just a mod to bc2.

Burnt_Ram
10-04-10, 07:01 AM
sofar i only managed to play about 3 mins on the first try after being spawn sniped multiple times? and after that i cant connect, i guess servers are down ...

it seems to run smoother than the first beta but untill a person can actualy play the darn game you cant really make an informed opinion.

K007
10-04-10, 07:06 AM
they released it on monday which is so stupid.

also the game comes out in less than a few days...so ..from closed beta...to open beta...we see pretty **** improvement overall...move into final retail......:headexplode:

mailman2
10-04-10, 08:12 AM
The first beta was actually better. Still has all the same problems BF BC2 does. if you force DX10 you get black screen flashes. AA sucks. overbright. lmao. But I found the problem.... DICE just sucks.

Vardant
10-04-10, 09:48 AM
ok it seems if ure installing the game and u select not to install pb (because u already had it installed for other games/etc) then the game sets pb off (ie setting to 0) and there is no way to enable it, u can chance this setting in BC2, but u can't do that in moh.
Heh, you're right. Ridiculous.

mailman2
10-04-10, 09:51 AM
.. I keep getting kicked off too...wow, this reminds me too much of BF BC2 launch day.

wysiwyg
10-04-10, 10:37 AM
From Bluesnews-

"The promised open beta test for Medal of Honor is now underway. This story shows the way to where to get the open beta client. It should be noted that the Electronic Arts Forums (thanks Big Download) have word on connection issues they are currently working through:

We are currently aware of the Medal of Honor Open Beta connection issues and player drops, we are working as fast as possible to resolve this.

Please stick with us and we'll get you in game as soon as possible."

hmmm the whole game seems to be FAIL!

Vardant
10-04-10, 12:22 PM
hmmm the whole game seems to be FAIL!
Too soon to tell IMO, they just didn't expect so many people, which is kinda understandable and happens all the time.

The SP part is more like a bonus, at least the first review points in that direction. I hope it's at least longer than MW2.

mailman2
10-04-10, 01:21 PM
Looking for a performance increase and fix to choppiness...

rename the exe to BFBC2Game.exe

Big difference, just like with BF BC2. This fixes the choppiness and improves performance for GTX 4xx cards. (maybe more)

mojoman0
10-04-10, 01:24 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/mojoman0/MoHMPGame_2010_10_04_11_06_14_260.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/mojoman0/MoHMPGame_2010_10_04_11_06_22_584.jpg

wysiwyg
10-04-10, 02:58 PM
from the few minutes i saw ingame the graphics are awful and lag abysmal, the browser has only shown servers once but not again :z

fail fail fail

mailman2
10-04-10, 03:02 PM
I really liked that the first beta had some color to it... this one is all dreadful brown with a Vaseline filter on it.

wysiwyg
10-04-10, 03:34 PM
consolized consolized

POS game! hope it fails to sell and hits the devs hard!!!

Maybe they should have kept the option in to allow you to play the taliban and shoot US infantry! that would have made it different to every other game this **** copies!

ViN86
10-04-10, 03:56 PM
I just played for a bit and I actually found it quite fun. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of recoil... :|

consolized consolized

POS game! hope it fails to sell and hits the devs hard!!!

Maybe they should have kept the option in to allow you to play the taliban and shoot US infantry! that would have made it different to every other game this **** copies!

Console sales will dwarf PC sales. So of course it's "consolized".

I really don't understand why people bitch about this so much. It's like every FPS game that has come out in the past 3-4 years, people just complain about how "consolized" it is. Of course it is. The reward in adding PC features (e.g. dev console, mod kits, etc.) isn't there because the amount of extra sales you will generate from it is infinitesimal with respect to the big picture.. And with EA/DICE, did you really expect anything different?