PDA

View Full Version : Please help me overclock an AM3/x6 new build

ragejg
10-05-10, 01:30 AM
I have a very cool (temp-wise) case, decent 120mm fans, a CPU cooler that is about as good as a Thermalright Ultra 120, heatpiped MOSFET/NB, and a PSU that is somewhere between good and great (Antec EA-650)...

RAM installed is 2x2gb DDR3, I have no probs running it lower than 1600 if I have to...

Fresh install of Win7...

2x WD2500KS HDs in RAID 0, 128k block size

... I hit 3.6ghz earlier without really adjusting anything except CPU voltage... so now I'd really like to tweak the BIOS right and nail down a precise and aggressive overclock if I can.

Motherboard is an MSI 785GM-E65... reviews indicate that this motherboard and its sibling variants with the 5-phase switching voltage regulator overclock with great success...

CPU is an x6 1055t 125W PH-E0 (most PH-EO CPUs are 95W IIRC)...

My previous overclocking with AM2+/AM3 has been with Black Edition CPUs... I usually just did multiplier adjustments and CPU voltage adjustment in AMD Overdrive...

So here's what I need to know more about and adjust precisely (can I get some help?):

CPU VDD Voltage
CPU-NB VDD Voltage
CPU Voltage
CPU-NB Voltage
DRAM Voltage (I'll leave it at auto unless I decide to bring the RAM past 1600)
NB Voltage
HT Link Voltage
SB Voltage

Previous AMD mobo BIOSes only had CPU voltage adjustment, not this extra "CPU VDD" adjustment...

I want to try out 257 HTT @ 14x multi for 3.6ghz at first, and then move up to 3.8. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Lyme
10-05-10, 02:15 AM
drop the memory to 1333, increase the NB voltage a tad and then start slowly increasing the htt slowly.

When you start increasing the htt, it will increase the ram speed and increasing the NB voltage helps keep that stable.

Lyme
10-05-10, 02:16 AM
you can also try relaxing the timings on your ram for an easier htt overclock.

ragejg
10-05-10, 03:48 AM
I went straight for 3.8, & put some benchie results in my build thread:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=155578

I'll share details on voltages etc after I get some sleep...

Maverick123w
10-05-10, 10:25 AM
I went straight for 3.8, & put some benchie results in my build thread:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=155578

I'll share details on voltages etc after I get some sleep...

If my machine was up I could give you my settings in bios. Have my x6 1055t @ 4ghz