PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Problem

ciadelta
07-29-03, 03:38 AM
I have a Shuttle SN41G2 machine running a Geforce4 TI4200 Graphics Card and have had no trouble for the past six months with this configuration. The problem is this..
I have gone to play Splinter Cell this morning and found that i couldnt get the game to play at more than a couple of frames per second (If that), So i have tried all my games and 3dmark2001SE all with the same results?? The strange thing is that my desktop and my movies all play no problems, even the menus for the games work fine, it is only when the 3d side is brought into the picture that it fails!!
The first thing I did was remove the card and try the GF4MX440 onboard graphics chip and that worked fine??
My question is this - Is it possible for the certain sections of a card to fail and that in my case is a section thats controls the Direct 3D side of things?? Any thoughts would be good on this and I thank you in advance for your time:)!!!! Cheers.

Smokey
07-29-03, 06:39 AM
Make sure that the fan on the card is working properly and that the card isnt overheating, other than that I cant think of anything, as you have already reinstalled the drivers!!