PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Purchase DCS: A10C Warthog

Pages : [1] 2

Scendore
10-07-10, 04:35 PM
In case people missed it...

PRESS RELEASE

PRE-PURCHASE “DCS: A-10C WARTHOG”

DUXFORD, UK, October 4, 2010 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics now offer “DCS: A-10C Warthog” as a digital download pre-purchase of the completed game for $59.99. Pre-purchase also provides access to pre-release Beta versions of the title.

Pre-purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog" at:
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/shop/dcs_a10c

"DCS: A-10C Warthog" is a PC simulation of the U.S. premier Close Air Support attack aircraft. This is the second aircraft in the DCS series, following DCS: Black Shark, and raises the bar even higher in the DCS series. Warthog brings the most realistic PC simulation of a modern fixed wing combat aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, avionics, sensors, and weapon systems. You also have the option to play Warthog in "Game" mode for a casual game experience. Fly missions in the Caucuses region of the Black Sea against and with a wide array of air, land and sea forces with new and improved intelligence. Create your own missions and campaigns with the included Mission and Campaign Editors, and fly with and against friends online using the included online game browser.

Beta version will be updated approximately every two weeks.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...efault&lang=en

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8LKJh6Xc0

Training Video Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV35B-vfT4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MDnglKtcSA

About The Fighter Collection
The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit our websites: http://www.fighter-collection.com/

Scendore
10-08-10, 10:49 AM
Yep I missed it :o
Thanks for the heads-up!

But I'm not sure if I'll give it a go right away. My racing sim is taking center stage at the moment ;)

---

Well I just watched the trailer and bought it. Looks amazing! I'll try it next weekend for sure.

I understand... looks to be a very nice study sim. Just started to dive into the manual and get the hang of some of the avionics. I'm already a pilot in real life but I don't get to fly planes with INS coupled GPS systems. So far there are some nice enhancements from the first DCS release BlackShark. Water looks much better and it's taking use of Multithreading. It supports TrackIR out of the box but you have to run the 32bit version because NaturalPoint hasn't released a 64 bit driver yet. You will have the option of installing both if you have a 64bit system. I think it only adds a few files to make it 32bit.

After your purchase you can get access to the Beta Forums for discussion. lots of stick profiles and people talking about the sim. Plus an opportunity to point out bugs. Performance is very playable on my rig and others are reporting the same with lesser systems.

Sabadin
10-08-10, 08:18 PM
Picked it up last night, runs fairly well at 1600x900 on medium with a an E6750 and radeon 4850. Considering it's beta and not a highend rig I'm impressed. The systems fidelity is just through the roof, makes a large number of payware FSX aircraft seem simple by comparison. And to top it off she's a dream to fly, stable and responsive.

Roadhog
10-08-10, 08:54 PM
been playing it non stop.

Roadhog
10-09-10, 01:19 AM
Can't wait to try it! Watched the trailer again and it looks so great :drooling:
But just no time this weekend :o

btw, are there any good tutorial missions available, made by the community? For BlackShark there was a nice little mission that introduced the player to the basic flying and combat task and had a .pdf to go with for each part of the mission. That was very helpful!

And is SLI finally supported?

The game has interactive training missions, they are pretty awesome.

I'm sure SLI will be supported, but in its current form dual cards right now cut the framerate in half. It is beta and has been stated there are no performance optimizations yet.

Scendore
10-09-10, 12:36 PM
Well I know Ed Wags was talking about doing some development in DX11 so hopefully that means SLI will be supported and we might get some extra eye candy. So far its a very nice DX9 Modern Combat Sim. No complaints from me.

They also talked about updates about every two weeks. The more we report as issues the more they will start to refine the sim.

Roadhog
10-09-10, 01:00 PM
Problem was that Black Shart refused to work with SLI and Crossfire. Maybe they didn't improve the engine in that regard. But it worked nicely with a single GPU already, no big deal.
Forcing AA was sometimes a bit taxing with Black Shark but Warthog has native AA support AFAIK.

Are the trainings missions similar to Black Shark?

Those were good but that one community mission was better. You learned all the basic tasks for flying and combat in one mission without going into too much detail at first.

Crossfire works here, the game uses both cards, but it's very buggy atm.

The training missions are 9001x better than black shark. The black shark ones were so bad I just learned from trial and error. So far I've gone through the a10 training missions a few times and I've nearly mastered every weapon system.

Scendore
10-09-10, 02:04 PM
Check out the beta forum for X52 profiles. Someone also mentioned something about being able to load the profile up within the game. Some new feature but I don't know more about it because I own a Modded Cougar.

Sabadin
10-09-10, 06:51 PM
Check out the beta forum for X52 profiles. Someone also mentioned something about being able to load the profile up within the game. Some new feature but I don't know more about it because I own a Modded Cougar.

You can save/load ingame controller mapping as lua's in this, and it will keep those settings remembered between uses. There's a decent X52 profile already posted on the a-10 forums, there's only about 4 functions mapped through the saitek software, the rest is all mapped in game.

Sabadin
10-16-10, 12:02 PM
"auto-start" is actually the name of the throttle position, off memory I think Ralt+Home is the left throttle and RCtrl+ Home is the right throttle. You still need to do the full startup manually as the beta currently stands, unless the missions has it started before you begin. Also, not all the tutorials are fully functional yet. The landing one will give a CTD, some of the other ones require you to perform actions not yet implemented or just simply get stuck.

Sabadin
10-16-10, 12:06 PM
Ah I see, thanks. Too bad auto-start isn't implemented yet :o

On the up side, the hog's an easy girl to get going :D

Roadhog
10-16-10, 03:10 PM
:)

I'll do the full procedure once but after that I'd like to have an auto mode for that.
Did the same with Black Shark.

I made a multiplayer mission if you want to play. It has a bunch of ground targets to practice on right now.

qube
10-17-10, 01:03 PM
Slawter you have to get this stick fore it to

http://www.thrustmaster.com/Upload/1/thrustmaster/products/221/1/Files/3743/HotasWarthog800x600.jpg
http://www.thrustmaster.com/Upload/1/thrustmaster/products/221/1/Files/3744/PackHotasWarthog800x600_2.jpg

LurkerLito
10-17-10, 04:37 PM
Wow that's impressive. The throttle looks so much nicer than my TM Cougar.

Raptorman
10-20-10, 08:01 AM
I must be retarded, but I'm trying to get my weapons armed (game mode) and can't seem to figure it out. Trying to do the first mission in the campaign, but none of my weapons will launch. And it always says WPNS OFF even when I have a weapon selected, and how the hell do I use the Maverick?

aceflier
11-10-10, 08:44 PM
Havent seen this posted but beta 2 is out and has been for a week or so.

JTAC fully working as well as refueling. Talk about replayability and gameplay. I never understood people talking about great gameplay in a game like black ops or any fps for that matter but i guess thats what sells these days console games have ruined the gamming industy standard thank god we still have devs like ED to set the bar. This is what a pc title is all about.

Awaiting what beta 3 brings about...;)

Roadhog
11-10-10, 09:08 PM
waiting for beta 3 so that I can hopefully play at above 5fps.

Sabadin
11-10-10, 10:03 PM
waiting for beta 3 so that I can hopefully play at above 5fps.

Just stay away from Nellis and you're good lol.

Roadhog
11-10-10, 10:22 PM
Just stay away from Nellis and you're good lol.

nah, its still terrible everywhere else, the best I get is 20fps with everything on low.

Sabadin
11-10-10, 10:29 PM
nah, its still terrible everywhere else, the best I get is 20fps with everything on low.

That's odd, I'm running an E6750 with a 512mb 4850 and getting better than that on a mix of medium/high for the most part.

aceflier
11-12-10, 05:35 PM
That's odd, I'm running an E6750 with a 512mb 4850 and getting better than that on a mix of medium/high for the most part.

Think its more an ati crossfire problem as I see this alot on the ED forums and everyone complaining is either running a dual pcb card or crossfire.

Dont blame the game blame ATI for not putting out decent profiles in time for beta's/games. I'm doing fine with my aging sli 260's normally at about 30fps in the pit everything high scenes and vis range on medium 1920x1080 16AA 16AF.

Dont fool yourself this sim will eat any machine out there with scenes on high and vew distance on high.