PDA

View Full Version : Pine gforce 4 mx440 xfx ViVo

brycevvidia
07-29-03, 05:37 AM
Hi there can anyone help a new guy please.
I have installed the above card and need to know how to set it up to capture video. The card did not come with a manuel and the Pine web site does not have on either. Would really appreciate some help as i am stuck and the only reason i bought the card was for video capture.

I was told that there was a software switch which converted svideo from output to input but i cannot find it!!!

thanks in advance for your help,

brycenvidia

ricercar
07-29-03, 12:22 PM
In addition to video drivers, a NVIDIA VIVO card needs WDM drivers installed. Both video and WDM drivers can be found here. http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Then you need to have an application for capturing video, for example Windows Movie Maker.

--
You have been mislead regarding software selection of one connector for input and output. The NVIDIA reference design includes a 9-pin connector to a dongle that has 4 separate connectors.
- S-video input
- S-video output
- RCA input
- RCA output

brycevvidia
07-29-03, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the input however the only connector I got with the card is a nine pin to two svideo sockets. Is there another dongle which replaces this one as as it stands it looks like I will need to get the audio some other way.

By the way the svideo skts have arrows on implying they are designed to operate inopposite directions so thats a good sign!!

I have only tested the out one which does put the vga screen on to TV,have not tested the input as I thought I was looking for a s/ware switch.

Do you by any chance know where I can get the pin out for the 9 pin o/p on the card?? as I am a reasonable competent electronics engineer I can make up my own including audio

Thanks in advance for your help,

ricercar
07-29-03, 05:59 PM
Here's a quick answer regarding output.
1 =
2 =
3 = GND
4 =
5 = GND
6 = Green/Luma
7 =
8 = Red/Chroma
9 = Blue/Composite

Unfortunately I don't have inputs. You probably will get a faster answer doing a continuity test on your cable than waiting for me to find more info :-)

The good news is that with dual S-video connectors including arrows, then you almost certainly can do IO with that cable and the WDM drivers. I was wrong about your two-connnector cable being output only (My cables with two connectors are all SVideo out and RCA out, not IO for SVideo).

brycevvidia
07-30-03, 03:30 AM
Thanks again for your help,

Best Regards,

Brycevvidia

khafan
07-30-03, 05:45 AM
here is a diagram for vivo connector.
also for video capturing, you can use "asus digital VCR" that works on all GF4 video cards. get it from here.
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/vga/nVidia/Released_Drv/ASUS%20Digital%20VCR%202.5.ZIP

with this program you can capture videos to mpeg1 and mpeg2 and avi format. I recommend you first capture videos in avi format then convert them to your favorite format.

brycevvidia
07-30-03, 06:37 AM
HI Khafan thanks for your help, will download asus vcr and get my cables made up!!

cheers