PDA

View Full Version : Do I have anything to look forward to android-wise on ATT?

Albo
10-12-10, 08:11 PM
Just wondering, is there anything coming out now till March on the AT&T network, which would be on the Android OS? That's when I can upgrade, and I was wondering if I have anything to look forward to.

Maverick123w
10-13-10, 11:52 AM
Just wondering, is there anything coming out now till March on the AT&T network, which would be on the Android OS? That's when I can upgrade, and I was wondering if I have anything to look forward to.

AT&T is probably going to be the bastard child for Android. I imagine they will get mostly mid-range devices as they are heavily invested in iOS and Win phone 7 (which you should take a look at)

nekrosoft13
10-13-10, 04:02 PM
no winmo7 for me, to lock down according to rom cooks, will be hard to make custom roms.

uOpt
10-13-10, 04:03 PM
The only thing AT&T customer can look forward to is a different provider...

Stoneyguy
10-13-10, 04:16 PM
Not really. That's why I got my Captivate, there's nothing else on the horizon.

Drolfrawd
10-13-10, 04:20 PM

Fuxed

Someone may call you :D

Maverick123w
10-13-10, 05:03 PM
no winmo7 for me, to lock down according to rom cooks, will be hard to make custom roms.

That's what they said about the droid x yet I have a custom rom on mine.

nekrosoft13
10-13-10, 05:05 PM
no idea who said that.

but go check out xda to see what they say about cooking for winmo7.

Maverick123w
10-13-10, 05:23 PM
no idea who said that.

but go check out xda to see what they say about cooking for winmo7.

I don't know how to make it any simpler but I'll give it another go for you.

People said the Droid X would never have any custom ROMs cooked for it either, but I'm running a custom ROM on my Droid X right now.

I'm positive the phones will be cracked.

nekrosoft13
10-13-10, 07:04 PM
then those people have no idea what they are talking about, droid X is just an android phone, roms are easily possible.

winno7 entire OS is encrypted, entirelly different story.

Albo
10-13-10, 07:37 PM
Damn it. :(

Also, does the Aria suck? It's a free phone, and it's Android enabled. And it's 2.1. My friend got it, and it doesn't seem too bad.

I don't want iOS, because I have an iPod Touch. And WinMo7 is too early to tell how it will be.

Albo
10-13-10, 07:38 PM
Fuxed

Someone may call you :D

What??? What are you talking about?

Drolfrawd
10-13-10, 07:52 PM
What??? What are you talking about?

Seems my sarcasm is wasted on such a stupid cat :p