PDA

View Full Version : Possible to SLI 2 different GTX 480 ?

shrapnel
10-15-10, 04:48 AM
Hi
I already have a Zotac AMP GTX 480. I was thinking of going SLI.
Can I go SLI with a GTX 480 of a different company like EVGA or POV as Zotac is temporarily unavailable .
My computer dealer says NO, because of different clock speeds and BIOS involved .
Is he right , or I can go ahead and buy any other GTX 480 for SLI ?

Rollo
10-15-10, 12:57 PM
Hi
I already have a Zotac AMP GTX 480. I was thinking of going SLI.
Can I go SLI with a GTX 480 of a different company like EVGA or POV as Zotac is temporarily unavailable .
My computer dealer says NO, because of different clock speeds and BIOS involved .
Is he right , or I can go ahead and buy any other GTX 480 for SLI ?

You can use any other brand, as long as it's the same GPU. I've done so many times.

shrapnel
10-15-10, 03:19 PM
Thank You, Rollo.
I did it !!
I decided to go SLI to improve the FPS with 3D Vision, that too with a different company made GTX 480 (Leadtek).
Man, its really worked for me ! All my games are now twice as fast..... for instance, in Dead Rising 2, I was getting only 25-30 fps (using 3D vision) in zombie-infested large areas with the single GTX 480. Now, after going SLI, I get 58-60 fps even in graphically-intensive areas.
NOW, its certainly much more fun, while playing games using 3D Vision !!
And Oh ! Mafia 2 is rocking too !!
CIAO

Rollo
10-16-10, 03:28 PM
Thank You, Rollo.
I did it !!
I decided to go SLI to improve the FPS with 3D Vision, that too with a different company made GTX 480 (Leadtek).
Man, its really worked for me ! All my games are now twice as fast..... for instance, in Dead Rising 2, I was getting only 25-30 fps (using 3D vision) in zombie-infested large areas with the single GTX 480. Now, after going SLI, I get 58-60 fps even in graphically-intensive areas.
NOW, its certainly much more fun, while playing games using 3D Vision !!
And Oh ! Mafia 2 is rocking too !!
CIAO

SLi and 3d Vision are a good match, as 3d Vision has to render the image twice. I'm using 480SLi to power 3d Vision Surround now, which is the holy land of PC gaming as far as I'm concerned. Have Lost Planet2 downloading right now, latest game opimized for 3d. :)