PDA

View Full Version : BlackOps - A lot of information on the gameplay types/features

Pages : [1] 2 3

K007
10-15-10, 05:49 AM
It looks really good, i am pretty impressed with all the things Treyarch is putting into it.

G94SolEtpnc&

Good video, worth checking it out

Logical
10-15-10, 09:30 AM
There isnt much said about the straffe jump....For me the biggest thing about black ops is the ability to 'evade' by doing some sort of side step jump. I have seen this done in a couple of videos now for black ops and although the bunny hopper whiners would probably disagree this feature WILL add balance and skill to the game.

Check it out at 16 seconds and 1:18 you see the enemy 'side jump' to evade fire.

cAWOsrb3my0

Im really looking forward to this game as it looks a massive improvement on MW2.

K007
10-15-10, 10:48 AM
There isnt much said about the straffe jump....For me the biggest thing about black ops is the ability to 'evade' by doing some sort of side step jump. I have seen this done in a couple of videos now for black ops and although the bunny hopper whiners would probably disagree this feature WILL add balance and skill to the game.

Check it out at 16 seconds and 1:18 you see the enemy 'side jump' to evade fire.

cAWOsrb3my0

Im really looking forward to this game as it looks a massive improvement on MW2.

This could be something that the consoles have maybe? The aim/shooting was pretty painful to watch...its like Mechwarrior/robocop movement style shooting with aimbot

Logical
10-15-10, 11:08 AM
Yeah lol, i really don't know how people can put up with analogue/auto aim in fps games...the last fps game i played through with analogue was goldeneye then i played half life on PC with keyboard and mouse and never looked back.

I think Black ops is going to be what MW2 should have been..especially the PC version, however there are a few things that niggle away at the game like the RC c4 pack thingymabob, the public game modes do look like fun like wager match and gun game...i just hope Treyarch dont leave it too late to release the promised mod tools.

Logical
10-15-10, 11:16 AM
Going by the recent MP history of those crappy CoD games, I'd say that dodge jump is a perk and performed by single press of a button. No skill required.

This will not bring back the movement skills like in the good old Quake and UT days.

Possibly, although the straffe jump in CoD4 did take some amount of skill to pull off correctly oh and a minimum fps of 125 helped quite a bit too, i just think that its these sorts of thing that add to the games balance and uniqueness even though it was probably put there by accident just like self speccing in mohaa. Its the sole reason MoH bored me to death after an hour...just simply nothing new and nothing unique about it.

I just wish Respawn studios would hurry and give us some info on there project, im expecting something special from them as they have done in the past with MoH:AA, CoD1, CoD2 and CoD4.

Oh and dont forget about brink which is looking very good indeed...

mojoman0
10-15-10, 01:41 PM
Might have to get this. Might wait till I can find it for 40 or something during holidays tho

bacon12
10-15-10, 01:50 PM
Apparently comcast has rights to BO gameplay footage. I can't even view that vid that Logical posted.

This video contains content from Comcast Entertainment Group, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

I agree that there is a lot of depth to this game, more so than anything we has seen so far. Also the new advanced record tool looks very cool. I just hope we server admins have total control with cvars to remove the things we don't want. I imagine there will be lots of noob stuff that will be gone quickly from our servers.

ViN86
10-15-10, 02:19 PM
Apparently comcast has rights to BO gameplay footage. I can't even view that vid that Logical posted.

I agree that there is a lot of depth to this game, more so than anything we has seen so far. Also the new advanced record tool looks very cool. I just hope we server admins have total control with cvars to remove the things we don't want. I imagine there will be lots of noob stuff that will be gone quickly from our servers.

Mod tools will be out for BO, so I am sure you will see some mods that remove all the noob BS. :)

ATi
10-15-10, 03:34 PM
It looks really good, i am pretty impressed with all the things Treyarch is putting into it.

Good video, worth checking it outthats a old video

Logical
10-15-10, 09:51 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/106

World exclusive GTTV CoD:BO, i am getting quite excited about this game. :)

K007
10-15-10, 10:33 PM
looking good...

i lol @ that guy when he was speaking about gungame...he had no idea what it was lol...

ViN86
10-16-10, 01:57 AM
looking good...

i lol @ that guy when he was speaking about gungame...he had no idea what it was lol...

LOL he's obviously not a CS:S guy :lol:

H3avyM3tal
10-16-10, 07:51 AM
Even though the game will rock, they REALLY need to up their sound engine. What we hear now is pathetic and removes much of the immersion. I wish they could use the sound engine from BFBC2 or something.

Logical
10-16-10, 08:47 AM
Even though the game will rock, they REALLY need to up their sound engine. What we hear now is pathetic and removes much of the immersion. I wish they could use the sound engine from BFBC2 or something.

Im inclined to agree that the weapon sounds do seem weak, this was also a problem with WaW and MW2. Guess we will just have to crank up the bass....

wysiwyg
10-16-10, 06:14 PM
textures look meh!

these dev videos are so annoying, they big up things that have been done to death already

well at least its not using the UE3 engine, and i hope itll be good

mojoman0
10-18-10, 03:38 PM
just watched the game trailers preview. I'm getting more excited. The wager matches look like a ton of fun to me. They also removed juggernaut and stopping power so choosing perks should be more fun this time around.

lee63
10-18-10, 04:41 PM
I hope there's a jungle map in MP.

Logical
11-03-10, 11:44 AM
Heres a 1 hour video of multiplayer on the console with a running commentary from David Vonderhaar of Treyarch....

qDVm8yAGNpg&hd

gRoUnD
11-03-10, 11:49 AM
Combat Training Mode will have bots!

Finally! Helga, Computer-controlled Schweinhunde!

ViN86
11-03-10, 01:21 PM
Heres a 1 hour video of multiplayer on the console with a running commentary from David Vonderhaar of Treyarch....

qDVm8yAGNpg&hd

LOL looks exactly like MW2...

So we're paying $60 for MW2 with dedicated servers, console, and mod tools. Isn't that what we should have gotten in the first place? :wtf:

Kudos to Infinity Ward for effectively holding back the entire CoD franchise for a year lol.

Ninjaman09
11-03-10, 01:32 PM

It's funny since CoD1 was probably one of the best-sounding shooters of its time. :p

grey_1
11-03-10, 02:54 PM

I got the same thing.

Sean_W
11-03-10, 03:20 PM
You get wasted at lower rank end of story because you don't have unlocks which make all the difference in the game.

Laser sight, deep impact, faster reload, you need to get quick in order to stand any chance in this game, so like in that video the guy is wrong for saying lower level doesn't matter, it does.

Logical
11-03-10, 03:35 PM
LOL looks exactly like MW2...

So we're paying $60 for MW2 with dedicated servers, console, and mod tools. Isn't that what we should have gotten in the first place? :wtf:

Kudos to Infinity Ward for effectively holding back the entire CoD franchise for a year lol.

What Vin are you serious ?

Thats like saying Fifa 10 looks just liek FIFA 11, Dirt 1 looks just like Dirt 2, Bioshock 1 looks just like Bioshock 2, TFU looks just like TFU2, half life 2 looks just like HL ep1 + 2, Lost planet 1 looks like lost planet 2.....You see where im going with this ? Sequels tend to look the same as their predesessors, especially when they use the same engine...look at BFBC2 and MoH...ooooh errrrrr

MW2 was boloxed as a PC game due to the ULTRA consolisation IW decided to inflict upon PC players, the game didn't even make it into E-sports....Your right though, this game we should have had in the first place for MW2...blame IW for that, but now we can look forward to playing a lot more gametypes, more customisation,more maps, better reg, no lag, server admins, editable cfg's, mod tools, Esports, clan matches, LAN matches, console, better FOV, record function, better balance no silly match making and most of all a cheat free game on a trusted server....

ViN86
11-03-10, 03:43 PM
What Vin are you serious ?

Thats like saying Fifa 10 looks just liek FIFA 11, Dirt 1 looks just like Dirt 2, Bioshock 1 looks just like Bioshock 2, TFU looks just like TFU2, half life 2 looks just like HL ep1 + 2, Lost planet 1 looks like lost planet 2.....You see where im going with this ? Sequels tend to look the same as their predesessors, especially when they use the same engine...look at BFBC2 and MoH...ooooh errrrrr

Partially serious. The graphics look better, but the style seems to be an exact clone of MW2 with a few different features.

I thought COD4, WaW, and MW2 all had their own styles that set them apart. But this seems very similar to MW2.

Am I crazy?