View Full Version : Iphone

Pages : [1] 2

trivium nate
10-16-10, 10:24 PM
I want an Iphone for obviously cell phone n ipod all in one
AtnT has a
3G 32Gb refurb for $150
4G 16GB refurb for $150

a friend is saying that i'll regret AtnT and to wait for Verizon's iphones launching in January

which should i get?

I currently have T-mobile sidekick but im gonna sell this to my friend so i don't have to pay $200 early contract termination fee and cuz he needs a phone

I want the 3G cuz of capacity but the 4G cuz its i guess better?

Sazar
10-16-10, 10:49 PM
There is no such thing as a 4G iPhone. :bleh:

The iPhone 4 would be the better option for some things as it is obviously faster and has more system memory. If proximity sensor issues are not a problem for you that is, amongst the myriad of other issues.

The 3GS, if you can get that, would be a better buy if you don't care about cutting edge.

If it is a true 3G (which sounds iffy), I would pass. 3GS or iPhone 4 only are worth it. The 3G is already obsolete in terms of applications that can use them. Even the 3GS is being left behind for some apps.

trivium nate
10-16-10, 10:55 PM
i meant 4 oops lol

here they are
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/packages/packages-details.jsp?q_package=sku4930239

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/packages/packages-details.jsp?q_package=sku4160236

Sazar
10-16-10, 10:57 PM
It's a 3GS, it's almost as fast as the iPhone 4.

My reasons from previous post stand. Your call on what you want.

trivium nate
10-16-10, 11:04 PM
i was using an iphone today id assume it was the 4 it was fast as ****! i think i want that one

i have 1,200 something songs and 69 videos i think id make it so that the videos don't get put on their just the music videos and music

i think i'll get the 4!

Sazar
10-17-10, 12:07 AM
i was using an iphone today id assume it was the 4 it was fast as ****! i think i want that one

i have 1,200 something songs and 69 videos i think id make it so that the videos don't get put on their just the music videos and music

i think i'll get the 4!

I hardly store any songs on my phone because I use Pandora almost all the time.

You need to figure out whether you will get unlimited data. If not, you have to ration things out.

If the device you used had a camera in the front, it was the 4, if not, it was likely the 3GS.

AT&T only has 1 decent Android device, the Dell Streak. Everything else is previous generation for Android :(

nrdstrm
10-17-10, 04:24 AM
I don't know that that is true. They just released the Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) and 3 new Motorola handsets (not sure if they are decent or not, haven't really looked into them since I am on Verizon)

http://www.azcentral.com/business/consumer/articles/2010/10/14/20101014samsung-captivate-att-review.html

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/05/atandt-debuts-trio-of-motorola-android-phones-bravo-flipout-and/

trivium nate
10-17-10, 07:34 AM
yeah but i cant really use anything other than an iphone cuz of itunes music

You need to figure out whether you will get unlimited data. If not, you have to ration things out.
its 2Gb of data plus $10 extra for an additional gig im getting unlimted messaging ill prob text and im the most

If the device you used had a camera in the front, it was the 4, if not, it was likely the 3GS.
yeah i had a camera on the back

Sazar
10-17-10, 10:58 AM
iTunes music?

You can't install mp3's on other devices?

Really?

ragejg
10-17-10, 11:58 AM
iTunes music?

Really?

+1.

What, Nate?

Bearclaw
10-17-10, 12:28 PM
Get the 3GS. Skip the 4.

Also, I just use pandora and then pay 5 bucks a month or MOG. any music I want I can download to my phone at 320kbps. Awesomesauce.

Also: AT&T.

Lyme
10-17-10, 01:15 PM
I've lived with the iphone 3g for a year and a half now, every os update makes the thing slower. Going to give the wp7 a go in November.

trivium nate
10-17-10, 04:13 PM
yeah u can put mp3 on anything but like music i buy form itunes i cant put it on my phone it wont play it

Sazar
10-17-10, 08:23 PM
yeah u can put mp3 on anything but like music i buy form itunes i cant put it on my phone it wont play it

Getting you started.

http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-Purchased-iTunes-Music-into-Unprotected-MP3s

For other options, www.google.com

Albo
10-18-10, 09:29 PM
iTunes music?

Really?

False.

What you wrote just now, and also, you can sync with any device, if you install a 3rd party app. But iTunes bought music comes in .m3u or something like that?

trivium nate
10-19-10, 12:41 AM
cant get iphone cuz i dont have credit and id have to put $500 deposit down F this

Airbrushkid
10-19-10, 01:15 AM
500 down. Why you got no or bad credit? That's what they do when you have either.

bob saget
10-19-10, 01:40 AM
don't you work at the auto detailing place? if you have pretty much any job and are not in debt i think you should have decent credit, no?

trivium nate
10-19-10, 02:01 AM
I don't have any credit and im not in debt

Bearclaw
10-19-10, 05:58 AM
Wow 500 deposit? That's ridiculous. I would vote get a credit card, build credit and avoid that stupid fee.

EDIT: Not to bring this up as a jerk, but you've said on here you have used a CC before... So you should have one... unless you used someones elses. :lol:

Airbrushkid
10-19-10, 07:57 AM
My brother had bad credit and no credit cards. All he had to pay was a $150.00 deposit.

ViN86
10-19-10, 09:26 AM
Wait for a proper 4G iPhone on Verizon when it launches at the beginning of 2011.

Sazar
10-19-10, 03:54 PM
False.

What you wrote just now, and also, you can sync with any device, if you install a 3rd party app. But iTunes bought music comes in .m3u or something like that?

Oh my gosh Albo, you are so right. It's absolutely impossible to convert .m3u's to .mp3's.

Thank you for enlightening me.

trivium nate
10-19-10, 05:06 PM
I got this today form Tmobile its who ive been with since forever
http://www.t-mobile.com/Promotions/ResourceTemplate.aspx?PAsset=Pro_Pro_TMobileG2&WT.ac=0918HOM04

snowmanwithahat
10-20-10, 12:51 PM
I hardly store any songs on my phone because I use Pandora almost all the time.

AT&T only has 1 decent Android device, the Dell Streak. Everything else is previous generation for Android :(

Except for the Samsung Captivate... which is similar in hardware to the iphone 4 but doesn't keep you held down to the iArmy

Good call with the G2, Superb phone

And like someone said, the regular 3g iphone is SLOW... not worth it