PDA

View Full Version : Official Fallout: New Vegas Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Yaboze
10-18-10, 11:35 AM
Anyone getting this tomorrow on Steam? The retail version activates on Steam as well.

I can't wait! :captnkill:

Mr. Hunt
10-18-10, 12:22 PM
Already all preloaded up. Can't friggin wait.

RollinThundr
10-18-10, 12:42 PM
I'll be snagging this tonight at midnight. Shame retail copies force use of steam, suppose it could be worse tho and force GFWL.

LT.Schaffer
10-18-10, 12:49 PM
Got mine Pre-loaded on Steam aswell(nana2)

I'm playing through Fallout 3 again so i may wait and finish playing through it first then jump into New Vegas.

I never got to play through All the DLC so i may just buckle down and play through it all....lol maybe next month i'll finally get to new vegas.

Can't Wait:D

nekrosoft13
10-18-10, 12:57 PM
I wonder if the stutter bug will re-appear.

Fallout 3 is still suffering from the stutter bug

Sean_W
10-18-10, 12:57 PM
The game looks mushy, graphics wise. It just looks like they haven't updated the graphics much.

I did spend about 50 hours on Fallout3 but I found the textures really lacking. This doesn't seem much different.

Yaboze
10-18-10, 01:33 PM
Already all preloaded up. Can't friggin wait.

I can't believe it, a game that Hunt and I both like. :D

Loved Fallout 3, although it didn't grab me out of the gate, after walking around a while and getting the hang of things, I was into it hardcore. Bought all the DLC's and finished everything, ending up at the level cap.

Mr. Hunt
10-18-10, 02:06 PM
I heard somebody complain about FO3 saying it was "too open of a world"... wtf?

ATi
10-18-10, 02:31 PM
will the preload unlock at 12am?

ATi
10-18-10, 02:42 PM
nvm it will unlock at 12:)

Mr. Hunt
10-18-10, 03:09 PM
nvm it will unlock at 12:)

Better than FO3... if I remember right that didn't unlock until about 3 o'clock or so, and it didn't have a preload. That was a cluster **** of stuff going down.

crainger
10-18-10, 03:22 PM
I heard somebody complain about FO3 saying it was "too open of a world"... wtf?

I heard this too. People didn't like the fact you could wander into the DC ruins on the early levels and run into the Super Mutants. Better than Oblivion with leveling enemies. Bandits with glass and obsidian armor? LOL

WeReWoLf
10-18-10, 06:37 PM
Not sure about you guys in the US, but I know Aussie Steam date was pushed back to the 22nd.

proliferazor
10-18-10, 10:38 PM
we are getting release in just under 4.5 hours in the states

Haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

ATi
10-19-10, 12:20 AM
we are getting release in just under 4.5 hours in the states

Haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.yup to bad im sleepy I'll just play in the morning(nana2)

K007
10-19-10, 04:24 AM
looking forward to it.

crainger
10-19-10, 06:44 AM
Not sure about you guys in the US, but I know Aussie Steam date was pushed back to the 22nd.

To align with the EU release. Japan has to wait till Nov 2nd. I'm gonna wait for a few reviews just incase Obsidian stuffed something up, which is well within their ability. ::bleh::

nekrosoft13
10-19-10, 08:17 AM
I heard this too. People didn't like the fact you could wander into the DC ruins on the early levels and run into the Super Mutants. Better than Oblivion with leveling enemies. Bandits with glass and obsidian armor? LOL

oblivion was quite pathetic at gameplay and enemy leveling. fallout was a step into right direction, but risen does it much better, for example in risen you can find ogre in the forest when you are pretty much really low level

Yaboze
10-19-10, 09:36 AM
It was 11:30pm EDT and I was too tired to wait up for it. Long day.

This morning, it was unlocked and ready to go. I didn't have a lot of time, but I fired it up and configured the graphics. I only got to the main menu. So far it looks identical to Fallout 3, the font, menu's, settings, etc. It even seems to have that weird mouse lag. Anyway, at least it doesn't have that annoying slide projector changing screen effect, which I hated. :)

The best part is no GFmfWL!

I can't wait to get home from work!

K007
10-19-10, 09:39 AM
what about the font size/settings/etc...i had to get a mod for fallout3 because the font size was a bit silly in size by default.

it seems the console version of fo3new vegas has been out for awhile...

newparad1gm
10-19-10, 10:43 AM
Played a little last night before I went to sleep. No native support for Eyefinity/Surround, have to add in the triple wide resolution into FalloutPrefs.ini. The starting video and the initial character creation screens were really zoomed in though in Surround. Plus when I run the game in 3DVS that damn red message about how the game is running above 2xAA and had its AA setting reduced keeps showing up, even when I run it without any AA.

Otherwise its pretty fun, feels just like Fallout 3 so far. Hopefully someone will release a high-def texture pack for this one as well.

Mr. Hunt
10-19-10, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I played it for a while. Very fun, IRON SIGHTS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nekrosoft13
10-19-10, 10:53 AM
message about how the game is running above 2xAA and had its AA setting reduced

what is that about?

ATi
10-19-10, 12:30 PM
what drivers are u guys using? im using 186.18whql the new drivers give me fps lag :(

jAkUp
10-19-10, 01:53 PM
What is the games executable?