PDA

View Full Version : Offical Half Life 2 Delay?


Pages : [1] 2 3

GlowStick
07-29-03, 07:42 PM
source http://www.city-17.com

Although Vivendi would not comment on the delay they did say that the game would ship sometime during the holiday season


I dont belive it, we were promiced set 30! : (

Paul
07-29-03, 07:51 PM
Here is another news source (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/news_6072668.html )

A delay was expected, but Valve were foolish in insisting on 30th September. They should have just said "2003" and left it.

No biggie, anyway. They'll take the time needed to make it great.

EDIT: And remember - Don't believe anything until you hear word direct from Valve. Not to say this is false, but it's just good practice.

GlowStick
07-29-03, 08:01 PM
I am really dissapointed in this, i cant belive that they 'arent' done with the game. Truthfully i think they just shot them self in the foot by saying it will be released later.

There is a allways a 'chance' of doom3 being released this year and if it beats half life 2's 'this year' it could cause them alot of problems. I really dont think that Activisions finantual statment impacted doom3 at all, they were just being realistic and very cautious since they have no control of Id.

But what id LOVE to see, is that they now stay silent till a week before sept 30. then say "its back on track, it will be in stores then" and make it happen.

Smokey
07-29-03, 08:09 PM
So, is this relese date a world wide date, or just a US date, like most games?

GlowStick
07-29-03, 08:21 PM
no clue, but its a world wide pushback heh?

rokzy
07-29-03, 09:02 PM
dammit that really pisses me off, having to wait longer, plus keeping quiet about the game until done was a good PR move.

why the f*** do game developers think being optimistic with release dates is a good idea?!? GAMERS DO NOT LIKE TO BE DISAPPOINTED YOU RETARDS.

being conservative with release dates, then maybe releasing early is *infinitely* better than being optimistic then delaying.

I thought valve was being really good, now I think they're a bunch of pathtic wankers. well done guys.

but then, I'm drunk...

fastguy94416
07-29-03, 09:02 PM
Meh... I'm beyond caring about PC games making their release dates. Just not a big deal anymore.

tastyweat
07-29-03, 09:29 PM
There currently is no delay - still set for Sep 30th release.

Don't worry guys.

GlowStick
07-29-03, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by tastyweat
There currently is no delay - still set for Sep 30th release.

Don't worry guys.

yay? can you give us your source? Or is somehow this whole 'delay' a big prank by some bastards? Ive seen no report of sources from gamestop or city-17.net just they all say "well vivendity said so"??

tastyweat
07-29-03, 09:40 PM
I e-mailed Vivendi's Press department - i am getting on quite well with the person there - she told me - i don't think i have the e-mail any more - i should have kept it to post it :( - but don't worry - i have it from a perfectly reliable source that the game is NOT delayed.

tastyweat
07-29-03, 09:45 PM
One other thing... Here is some proof from Gabe Newell himself... definately not delayed

http://www.dodstudios.net/uploads/uploads/hl2notdelayed.jpg

GlowStick
07-29-03, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by tastyweat
I e-mailed Vivendi's Press department - i am getting on quite well with the person there - she told me - i don't think i have the e-mail any more - i should have kept it to post it :( - but don't worry - i have it from a perfectly reliable source that the game is NOT delayed.

yay! I want to belive that your right, i dont think i could wait a day more for hl2!

I think some jerk decided to start posting its delayed, witch i cant see happining since its been in dev so long.

EDIT-----------

I posted after u posted the pic.

Sweet! im resting alot easier now! hehe

tastyweat
07-29-03, 09:49 PM
lol - i don't know if you will believe me - although - in my opinion it's quite believable.

The rumor came from...... guess who...... Nvidia - LMAO!!!

GlowStick
07-29-03, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by tastyweat
lol - i don't know if you will believe me - although - in my opinion it's quite believable.

The rumor came from...... guess who...... Nvidia - LMAO!!!

Hm thats intresting, when i first read it i thought to my self.

"Those microsoft bastards must have paied Vivendi to hold back the pc version and/or never release it completely. Oviously the Xbox port will be released at the same time"

rokzy
07-29-03, 10:47 PM
haha HL2 devs say ATI card the best for game, so nvidia launch yet another FUD campaign. pathetic.

Edge
07-29-03, 11:25 PM
Hmm, can't say I'm suprised, they did seem to have a few issues they needed to resolve before it was released, and a less then 4 months didn't seem like enough time. Oh well, at least if it really is delayed it's only by a couple of months, could be much worse.

Just remember, Half-life 1 was basicly done in late 1997, but they said "ya know, it's ok, but we want it to be great", and so they delayed the game for a year, and look how that turned out.

Oh, and could we please stop it with all the "it's a consiracy by so-and-so" crap. I doubt MS is paying them to delay the PC version, and I don't see how this being a ploy by Nvidia would help them at all. You people sure are quick to bash companies you hate.

GlowStick
07-29-03, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Edge
Hmm, can't say I'm suprised, they did seem to have a few issues they needed to resolve before it was released, and a less then 4 months didn't seem like enough time. Oh well, at least if it really is delayed it's only by a couple of months, could be much worse.

Just remember, Half-life 1 was basicly done in late 1997, but they said "ya know, it's ok, but we want it to be great", and so they delayed the game for a year, and look how that turned out.

Oh, and could we please stop it with all the "it's a consiracy by so-and-so" crap. I doubt MS is paying them to delay the PC version, and I don't see how this being a ploy by Nvidia would help them at all. You people sure are quick to bash companies you hate.

Ture, but i hope they dont get a Duke Nukem complex!

I really do feel it would be better for Valve to release the gave with some bugs when they promiced, rather than hold pack to polish it a bit more. As long as they fix it with patches, and looking at their track record of updateing a game since 1999, i think people will be very pleased with them keeping the date.

Edge
07-30-03, 12:10 AM
Well I for one would rather have them delay it and fix all the issues and bugs with it then to release it buggy and patch it later. There's nothing worse they paying $50 for a game, and then run into a gamestoping bug and get so frustrated you never want to play it again, ah la Ultima 9 (hell, you couldn't even beat that game until the first patch came out!). Not to mention the affect that bugs would have on multi-player, exploits and hacks are bad enough the way it is with Half-life 1.

GlowStick
07-30-03, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Edge
Well I for one would rather have them delay it and fix all the issues and bugs with it then to release it buggy and patch it later. There's nothing worse they paying $50 for a game, and then run into a gamestoping bug and get so frustrated you never want to play it again, ah la Ultima 9 (hell, you couldn't even beat that game until the first patch came out!). Not to mention the affect that bugs would have on multi-player, exploits and hacks are bad enough the way it is with Half-life 1.

Hm yes, gamestoping bugs would be a problem, but id think by now they have most of that tweaked out, and they still have time to go to just get it working with current hardware/drivers. As long as they keep save game comptability between patches it will be fine.

silence
07-30-03, 02:50 AM
well....i hope it's not delayed. i know i gonna buy it as soon as it comes here.

as for this rumor, my first thought was it has something to do with resolving Nvidia AA problems.....since it will hurt NV selling pretty much, coming out before Xmas and with nuff time for lots of ppl to hear that ATi cards do much better in most anticipated game of the year...that will hurt NV sales around X-mas like nothing before....

GlowStick
07-30-03, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by silence
well....i hope it's not delayed. i know i gonna buy it as soon as it comes here.

as for this rumor, my first thought was it has something to do with resolving Nvidia AA problems.....since it will hurt NV selling pretty much, coming out before Xmas and with nuff time for lots of ppl to hear that ATi cards do much better in most anticipated game of the year...that will hurt NV sales around X-mas like nothing before....

I actually disagree that it has anythiing to do with AA. They can simply say, eh dont turn it on.

But i do belive that its not ture, some websites are already takeing their news posts off about it!

silence
07-30-03, 08:50 AM
heh....i just said that my first thought was that this "delay" is somehow connected to AA issue....cause there was so much talk about AA in HL2 for NV cards....that was just a thought :)



i am more then happy to see this "news" being fake....and those that started this rumor prolly know why....

Miksu
07-30-03, 10:45 AM
So, a week ago we had this rumour that HL2 is going to be TWIMTBP-title and now we've rumour stating that HL2 is going to be late. I think it could be possible (with alot of cash) that Valve is now trying to get the game run well with GFFX, like id did.

reever2
07-30-03, 03:54 PM
There have been multiple rumors about HL2 getting delayed before, and every time, people would mail the ddevs and gabe, and they woul say there is no chance its getting delayed, it WILL come sept. 30

GlowStick
07-30-03, 04:02 PM
I still think my Microsoft theory could be true! Since vivendity can basicly tell valve what to do, microsoft has to only strike a deal with them, and its 'pushed back' or if microsoft could they would get it 'canned'. I cant see valve doing a deal like that to promote a crappy game console, but vivendity is all about the $$$$ so i can see them jumping on the boat 100%.