PDA

View Full Version : Fan-Made Sonic the Hedgehod game demo released!

Snake101st
10-21-10, 06:13 PM
This is legit, not a virus or something... it looks AMAZING. Gameplay is a little rough at this point (using a 360 controller helps a lot) but its just a demo so fans of the old blue hedgehog can get a taste of what theyve been missing, since Sega has dropped the ball on Sonic games since dreamcast. The graphics are beautiful! It's nice to see color in a game instead of gray/brown + bloom.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5069/85259475.png

EDITED BY MODERATOR: Link removed. If you want it, find it and download it yourself.

Logical
10-21-10, 06:51 PM
The game is basically Sonic 2 from the megadrive with updated visuals and audio that is the same. SEGA have already stated that this demo is illegal.

Redeemed
10-21-10, 06:51 PM
Even if this actually becomes a retail item, I'd buy it. :)

Logical
10-21-10, 06:54 PM
94Hn1XhyWB0

Snake101st
10-21-10, 07:02 PM
The game is basically Sonic 2 from the megadrive with updated visuals and audio that is the same. SEGA have already stated that this demo is illegal.

Yeah but Sega can suck it. If they made good Sonic games then maybe fans wouldnt have to take matters in to their own hands. :p

btw if you can't get it to start, rebind the start button in the options.

and make sure you rebind everything if youre using a 360 controller.

sammy sung
10-21-10, 07:10 PM
Looks great,sega should employ these guys imo.

Logical
10-21-10, 07:10 PM
Official sonic remix fan site...

http://sonicfanremix.com/

Damn shame because although there are slight problems with the hit box detection, this is a REALLY good fan made sonic. Be intersting to see how SEGA follow this up....and wether a full game will be released by these guys.

Snake101st
10-21-10, 07:19 PM
Yeah its pretty awesome, just played it again and explored more... really brings back good memories.

JohnDio
10-21-10, 07:21 PM
Looks great,sega should employ these guys imo.

+1

Armed_Baboon
10-22-10, 12:18 AM
how I miss Emerald Hill

FastRedPonyCar
10-22-10, 11:41 AM
Official sonic remix fan site...

http://sonicfanremix.com/

Damn shame because although there are slight problems with the hit box detection, this is a REALLY good fan made sonic. Be intersting to see how SEGA follow this up....and wether a full game will be released by these guys.

Sega is probably butt hurt over someone making a better game than them and will issue a cease and desist to these guys who will hopefully ignore it and release a full version for free.

I used to LOVE the old sonic games and they have steadily gone down hill. :thumbdwn:

ragejg
10-22-10, 12:26 PM
Sega is butthurt.

Sega is butthurt.

The Club didn't sell as expected.

Sega is butthurt.

:bleh:

ViN86
10-22-10, 12:34 PM
Yeah but Sega can suck it. If they made good Sonic games then maybe fans wouldnt have to take matters in to their own hands. :p

btw if you can't get it to start, rebind the start button in the options.

and make sure you rebind everything if youre using a 360 controller.

That doesn't excuse breaking the law. I removed the link from the OP. Forum policy is no linking to illegal files.

FastRedPonyCar
10-22-10, 12:37 PM
the last few sonic games should have been against the law http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/forums/smilies/cop-1.gif

Sonic doesn't belong in 3D

brady
10-22-10, 04:01 PM
They should just rename the game to "Tonic" and make the main character a blue squirrel. Problem solved. Oh, and change the music.

Viral
10-22-10, 08:46 PM
Aren't Sega making/made some HD 2D 'episodes' of Sonic? Kind of bad timing for this to come out.

Crow_Nest
10-23-10, 01:18 AM
Wow this is great. I never really got to fully play the old sonic games. I hope these guys finish the full game and release it. I'd pay for it even if i must. I just pray sega doesnt sue their arses.

XP_GUN
10-23-10, 03:10 AM
You know whats funny, I enjoyed the demo more than Sonic 4 Episode 1 :)

DJMONDY
10-24-10, 05:08 PM
FINALLY someones got it right. This is exactly how to make a great sonic game right here. Sonic 4 is ok but this is way better!

Can't wait to see more of this, infact I'm more interested to see more of this than sonic 4 episode 2.

jAkUp
10-25-10, 02:24 AM
Sonic 4 is a lot of fun :) I will check this one out too.