PDA

View Full Version : No Super Street Fighter IV For PC

K007
10-22-10, 05:38 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/10/sept/hakan.jpg

... despite strong sales of Street Fighter IV on the PC and the game being built on DirectX technology, Capcom has no intention of gracing our beloved platform with Super Street Fighter IV. The reason? Piracy. ...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/09/22/hadokant-no-super-street-fighter-iv-for-pc/

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but i was looking forward to Super SF4 on the PC :(, i still play SF4 online on ranked games/etc.

Sean_W
10-22-10, 06:13 AM
Their loss. They should have put it on Steam.

crainger
10-22-10, 06:40 AM
::(:

Not only their loss. My loss too. I was gonna get it on PC.

Ah well. PS3 will be in bargain bin soon. Then it's EBs loss?

Logical
10-22-10, 08:38 AM
The PC version of SFIV was the best version easily. I was looking forward to Super SFIV but oh well....My main concern is that we might never see Marvel v's Capcom 3 on the PC which would be a damn shame.

mailman2
10-22-10, 09:21 AM
As the December release of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition approaches, producer Yoshinori Ono has confirmed that Capcom has no plans to bring the game to PC, citing piracy as the sole reason for the decision.

While sales of the PC version of the first game, Street Fighter IV, had been strong worldwide, the platform was also "number one in piracy," said Ono in an interview with the Japanese site 4gamer.net.

Ono was quick to point out the benefits of a high rate of piracy, saying that the game enjoyed a high profile amongst PC gamers because of it. But he argued that in order to protect the Street Fighter IV IP, the company cannot allow a situation where the game is considered "free" on certain platforms.

However, Ono didn't rule out the possibility of a PC release completely, saying that if Capcom is able to find a powerful copy protection solution, a PC release could still be a possibility.

A port of the game to PC would be extremely straightforward, he claimed, as the arcade version already runs on Taito's DirectX-based Type X2 board. There is no chance of a Steam-only release, Ono added, since that this would be unfair to PC players who are unable to buy games via the digital distribution platform

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this excuse

K007
10-22-10, 09:38 AM
I was looking for MvC3 as well :(....this is not like Capcom...

LurkerLito
10-22-10, 10:20 AM
Bought SFIV on PC and PS3. I was going to do the same for SSFIV, their loss IMO. PC version of SFIV completely blew away the PS3 version too, it is my preferred platform always.

FastRedPonyCar
10-22-10, 11:33 AM
Do they not realize that blaming piracy is no longer a valid excuse?

mojoman0
10-22-10, 01:07 PM
This game was top of the pirate list for a very long time. Blaming piracy is easily excusable. Browse pirate bay top lists for an idea of how many people are dling things. Its insane

Vardant
10-22-10, 02:42 PM
And? There hasn't been a game like that for years on the PC, everyone who wanted to play something like that had to buy a console. You think everyone would buy that game again for the PC, if they already had it?

I think the game sold pretty well, obviously lower than either of the console versions, but that was to be expected.

Not releasing a game, because it was highly pirated even though it made money = retarded.

I doubt most of the people played it for more than a day or two.

mailman2
10-22-10, 03:22 PM
This game was top of the pirate list for a very long time. Blaming piracy is easily excusable. Browse pirate bay top lists for an idea of how many people are dling things. Its insane

Not every download is a lost sale. Looking at how many times it's downloaded really doesn't tell you anything more than that.

FastRedPonyCar
10-22-10, 03:26 PM
I doubt most of the people played it for more than a day or two.

Kinda like Jericho... it was so bad people weren't even pirating that garbage

XDanger
10-22-10, 03:41 PM
Since they don't actually have to do anything extra to produce a PC version as it already exists the only loss would be in the console market, Just release it a year later or when console sales have tailed off.

crainger
10-22-10, 10:19 PM
I was looking for MvC3 as well :(....this is not like Capcom...

Piracy will get to even the most hardened PC devs in time. I really like Capcom. I even bought Resident Evil 5 twice, one for me and one for my gf for co-op.

Ah well. Their console versions are equally as polished.

Logical
10-24-10, 01:36 AM
We can't really knock Capcom..it was only around 5 years ago i emailed them asking for an explantion on why they wouldn't develop games for the PC platform (i think it was around the time Street fighter alpha series was released on consoles), they promptly replied telling me they had no future plans to develop for PC. A few years later they start to do just that...yes they are mainly ports (very good ports i might add) but at least the PC platform is getting that bit of attention it never used to get.

I dont buy the whole piracy excuse anymore...i believe there are ways around it but devs dont think its cost effective, if it stops piracy i dont see how that is...