PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Black ops - Steam pre order

Logical
10-23-10, 01:14 PM
In a press release issued on the Steam website, Activision and Valve today revealed that the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops will support Steamworks in both the retail and digital versions of the game. This means that fans of the upcoming Treyarch-developed war shooter can look forward to a bevy of features offered through the Valve’s system, including Steam achievements, Steam Cloud support, auto-updating, offline play and great perks.

“We are delighted to be delivering the year’s most anticipated title with Black Ops to PC gamers around the world,” said Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve. “We’ve collaborated with the development team to leverage the Steamworks suite of services to deliver the highest level of service to Call of Duty: Black Ops PC customers.”

“Steam has been a great partner throughout development of Black Ops,” said Mark Lamia, president of Treyarch. “We’re working closely together to take full advantage of Steamworks to ensure we deliver the most polished and secure PC experience that our community deserves.”

Additionally, the game is now available for pre-order through Steam, so gamers looking to throw their helmet into the bullet-ridden ring and pre-purchase one of the fall’s biggest games can do so now over on Steam.

The game is available to pre-order at a price of 39.99 ($59.99 USD), which imo is way too steep for a PC game. I will be buying the hard copy from play.com for 10 quid less.

Logical
10-23-10, 01:23 PM
I just refuse to pay that much for a PC game..i have never done it before and i certainly aint starting now...You would expect digital copies to be cheaper..but no. :/

Sean_W
10-23-10, 02:20 PM
The price is stupid. it's one of the most if not the most expensive game out there and even MW2 is still expensive on Steam.

They put the game up as 39.99 yet I can get it for 34.99 from GAME.

Some claim when they reduce the price that the game had an RRP of 44.99, when it was never that price.

mojoman0
10-23-10, 03:30 PM
Can thank the success of MW2 at $60 for pioneering the way. Thanks Activision

crainger
10-23-10, 04:03 PM
It's looks like it's 89 here ::(:

fasedww
10-23-10, 08:20 PM
Pre ordered, can't wait, Well I'm playing medal of honor now.:)

K007
10-23-10, 09:50 PM
Well no point getting it from Steam..its 90AUD. Going to preorder from DSE and get the hardcopy, also get a COD Black Ops Bullet 4GB USB Drive when you buy online

mailman2
10-23-10, 10:05 PM
I'm done screwing with pre-order BS after the fail of MOH. I'm going to just go buy it locally in the AM of the 9th... or maybe stop @ Gamestop 12:30ish on my way home from work...

I pre-ordered MOH from EA Store while everyone else was playing I was waiting. Finally cancelled it and ran to Target about 11AM that day. From what I recall it wasn't till about 4PM EDT till it unlocked, meanwhile people had it in hand the night before or that morning, while EA Store pre-orders didn't get to play for about 15 hours later. Way to screw people that pre-ordered.

After that I'll never pre-order a game again.

K007
10-23-10, 10:24 PM
http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/call-of-duty-7-black-ops-game-pc For Australias
60AUD

bob saget
10-23-10, 11:15 PM
you guys are all buying it for pc? it's supposed to be THAT good? MP Gameplay still seemed an awful lot like MW2....

mailman2
10-23-10, 11:48 PM
you guys are all buying it for pc? it's supposed to be THAT good? MP Gameplay still seemed an awful lot like MW2....

I love COD games. The SP is always amazing and the MP rocks. MOH has so many problems, I'm glad its coming soon.

Logical
10-24-10, 12:27 AM

Your right Bob it does..but is that a bad thing? For me the only let down for MW2 was the horrible p2p IWnet and silly killstreaks that encouraged camping and killed the game balance... I'm only so interested in black ops for 3 reasons...Its CoD, it has dedicated servers and it will have mod tools. :)

bob saget
10-24-10, 12:36 AM
the gamestyle that encourages camping and the overpowered killstreaks is what turned me off MW2. That's why i love BC2. It really encourages a dynamic gamestyle, and as does cod4 to an extent.

K007
10-24-10, 12:48 AM
the gamestyle that encourages camping and the overpowered killstreaks is what turned me off MW2. That's why i love BC2. It really encourages a dynamic gamestyle, and as does cod4 to an extent.

M2 Gust Calv/Snipers Camping. Tanks / Choppers..

bob saget
10-24-10, 12:55 AM
M2 Gust Calv/Snipers Camping. Tanks / Choppers..

huh?

bob saget
10-24-10, 01:44 AM
The last REAL good SP game i played would have to be Dead Space. They are becoming harder and harder to come by. Maybe batman will change this :) I get bored so so fast with COD SP.

Logical
10-24-10, 08:29 AM
Dead Space was awesome Bob, cant wait to get Dead space 2. Batman Arkham City is gonna rock although it does have a lot to live upto after its predecessor.

Im not too sure how well CoD black ops SP will be but i do know that memory flashes will play a big part. The guy who wrote the television series 'Flashforward' as had a helping hand in the SP but tbh i was never a big fan of Flashforward and imo it sucked...Hope CoDBO has a better SP than MW2 as imo MW2 SP is the worst of the CoD series.

Sean_W
10-24-10, 08:39 AM

The main reason why I'm not buying ATM is the price but PC yeah.

I'm glad it has dedicated servers, in that case I'll seriously consider buying it, since I skipped MW2.

Burnt_Ram
10-24-10, 08:53 AM
Damn, i was really hoping that they might knock 5 bucks off on a pre-order. there's still time i guess .... the games a must buy regardless.

ViN86
10-24-10, 09:16 AM
I won't pre-order this. I will pick it up release morning from Best Buy.