PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft readying on-demand gaming website

dikinher
10-24-10, 02:59 AM
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/microsoft-readying-on-demand-gaming-website/

Users will be to login with a Windows Live ID and pay via credit card, or through Microsoft Points. Microsoft is promising a “Deal of the Week” and recurring seasonal specials to attract PC game aficionados, but makes no specific mention of any pricing scheme — discounted or otherwise — planned for the store. Other features promised for the site include “dedicated publisher pages,” re-downloads of already-purchased titles, and “ultra-fast” download speeds.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/games_microsoft.jpg

t3hl33td4rg0n
10-24-10, 03:05 AM
I guess thats cool, but methinks Steam will always be better than GFWL marketplace.

I would be impressed if they made XBLA games available.

Noriega
10-24-10, 06:53 AM
No thanks. Not supporting a company that only pretends to support PC gaming.

My money goes towards Steam...

+1

Viral
10-24-10, 07:09 AM
I see Batman:AA for $29.99, no competition for Steams weekend deal of $13.60 that I just took advantage of :D

For me, these DL services are a no go unless the files can be mirrored on local servers and be unmetred by my ISP. That's the only reason I've embraced steam lately, can't have games taking up 10-30% of my dl limit in one hit.

Steam FTW.

K007
10-24-10, 08:26 AM

+1

crainger
10-24-10, 07:18 PM
I see Batman:AA for $29.99, no competition for Steams weekend deal of $13.60 that I just took advantage of :D

For me, these DL services are a no go unless the files can be mirrored on local servers and be unmetred by my ISP. That's the only reason I've embraced steam lately, can't have games taking up 10-30% of my dl limit in one hit.

Steam FTW.

QFT or get on one of the newer plans coming out. I get 400gb a month to play with. ::p:

mojoman0
10-24-10, 07:27 PM
QFT or get on one of the newer plans coming out. I get 400gb a month to play with. ::p:

Paying for quantized bandwidth would make my :headexplode:

I know companies in the US are looking into it but here's hoping nothing ever comes of it.

crainger
10-24-10, 11:18 PM
The fact the US are looking into doesn't give us much hope of ever having it unlimited.

BTW on the current service GTA: SA is 3bux.

nutcrackr
10-25-10, 07:42 AM
omfg they have a halo 2 picture on the site? They are finally actually selling a digital copy of Halo 2? Better late than never?

waiting for special PC exclusives mentioned for high end pc gamers.

grey_1
10-25-10, 07:51 AM

+2

Bearclaw
10-25-10, 08:05 AM

+1

Steam is GREAT. Awesome service, customer service is top notch, and their deals are great.

I hate paying for a Microsoft OS, let alone anything else. I refuse to fund their "gaming" profiles.

FastRedPonyCar
10-25-10, 10:55 AM
+1

+2

MS just needs to stop and focus on getting their premium 360 exclusive titles over to PC.

ViN86
10-25-10, 11:43 AM
MS trying to dethrone Steam is comparable to OSX trying to dethrone Windows.