PDA

View Full Version : So its my birthday

sora6x
10-24-10, 04:41 PM
Its my birthday and i thought id buy myself a new graphics card, unfortunately i don't know much about it, ill give you as much info as i can;
as far as i know i have an integrated motherboard, i have Nvidia GeForce 9300 GE, im running 64bit Win 7, 4GB of RAM, intel core 2 Quad CPU, Q6700 @ 2.66GHz
any help is appreciated i was told i might need to buy a new motherboard, if you need more info just tell me what u want and maybe how to get the information.

bob saget
10-24-10, 05:33 PM
happy birthday.

Try to find as much information about your computer. Model #s, etc. If it is a ready built computer like from Dell, you might have to replace the power supply and/or case itself because most new graphics cards are pretty long to fit into those small cases.

Bman212121
10-25-10, 09:26 AM
Looks like it might be an HP.

A picture of the inside of the case would be very useful. This way we could tell if it's an ATX case by which side the front of the computer is, what slots it has available, how much clearance it has for a card, and possibly see how many watts the power supply is.

frenchy2k1
10-25-10, 01:46 PM
power supply will be the deal breaker.
Budget would be nice too as there are many price point at which to get a nice deal.

Maverick123w
10-25-10, 02:07 PM
Looks like it might be an HP.

A picture of the inside of the case would be very useful. This way we could tell if it's an ATX case by which side the front of the computer is, what slots it has available, how much clearance it has for a card, and possibly see how many watts the power supply is.

Exactly what I was thinking. It probably has a 250-300 watt psu. you're going to need a new power supply for sure.