PDA

View Full Version : What is the best App Killer?

Smee
10-27-10, 04:09 PM
I downloaded Advanced Task killer (free one)

Am I doing something wrong? I hit "Kill selected apps" look 5 minutes later, and without manually starting any of them, half are back up and running.

Smee
10-27-10, 04:30 PM
LOL, I don't get this.. I added a widget for Advanced Task Killer, which makes it a one button app killer.. I push it.. it kills 3 apps, I don't touch my phone for 5 minutes.. push it again.. it says it killed 5 apps.

WTF?

betterdan
10-27-10, 05:01 PM
I don't know why it's acting like that but make sure you always press the "back" button when leaving a task. I kept hitting home and it leaves the task running in the background. You probably already know that though.

Smee
10-27-10, 05:03 PM
LOL, I don't shiat.. Only had it a few days now. (nana2)

Logical
10-27-10, 06:28 PM
From what i have read the Advanced task killer does more harm than good.....

Roadhog
10-27-10, 06:50 PM
what youre doing wrong is using a task killer in the first place.

betterdan
10-27-10, 08:00 PM
Yea I have read that you really shouldn't use one. I had one for a while and it really didn't bother anything but I uninstalled it after a while as it really didn't seem to help either.
The funny thing is the last update for the Vibrant added a built in task killer.

snowmanwithahat
10-28-10, 11:20 PM
Yea I have read that you really shouldn't use one. I had one for a while and it really didn't bother anything but I uninstalled it after a while as it really didn't seem to help either.
The funny thing is the last update for the Vibrant added a built in task killer.

I really like the Samsung one though.

It's fairly useful for killing off browser sessions with many windows, or when you're playing a game and you accidentally keep it running in the background.

I tend to use it only when i realize that my battery is getting sucked all to hell... I tend to not use it too often since it kills off Juice Defender which is kind of annoying to re-start every time

betterdan
10-29-10, 03:18 AM
The only thing I ever use it for is the browser as hitting back when I'm done never kills it. After the browser is started once it always seems to run in the background till it's killed.

Bman212121
10-29-10, 09:04 AM
The best app killer is rooting the phone and using titanium backup or root explorer to remove the app completely. ;)

Maverick123w
10-29-10, 10:09 AM
what youre doing wrong is using a task killer in the first place.

QFT

Let android do it's thing. If you want your phone to be faster load the Rubix 1.0 ROM (I think you have a droid x right?). You will realize just how ****ty the moto software is.