PDA

View Full Version : Live Audience Shallow Water Simulation

News
10-27-10, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YBdTMvess&feature=youtube_gdata)

Redeemed
10-27-10, 06:34 PM
Don't get it. What "Shallow Water"?

grey_1
10-27-10, 08:26 PM
Don't get it. What "Shallow Water"?

The audience simulated a shallow water demo based on the parameters he set for the kernel.
Think of waves rippling.

Redeemed
10-27-10, 10:54 PM
It must be a country mile over my head. They just obeyed his commands. I don't see how it relates to technology, let alone nVidia and GPUs, in any way.

betterdan
10-27-10, 11:24 PM
I think what they demonstrated was that people that do the wave at events are technology experts... or something.

Redeemed
10-27-10, 11:43 PM
I think what they demonstrated was that people that do the wave at events are technology experts... or something.

So I'm not the only one whose head it soared over... :lol:

PHEW! :D :p

ragejg
10-28-10, 12:36 AM
To be fair this was about the simplest way you could create and relate a shallow water simulation... heck even I got it!

Redeemed
10-28-10, 12:49 AM
Is shallow water a term used in programing or something? Is it a phrase from days past?

When I read "shallow water" I think of a body of water that does not posess great depth, it is shallow.

How does this remotely relate to that? If it doesn't, what does it relate to?

So confused! :( :o

ragejg
10-28-10, 01:50 AM
Is shallow water a term used in programing or something? Is it a phrase from days past?

When I read "shallow water" I think of a body of water that does not posess great depth, it is shallow.

How does this remotely relate to that? If it doesn't, what does it relate to?

So confused! :( :o

Yes, Pale Horse Rider. Water. Simply... ... shallow water.

Don't look to the great hills for the bird that flies by your shoulder.

http://www.smileyme.com/images/indian_chief_headdress_war_bonnet.gif

betterdan
10-28-10, 06:32 AM
:lol: I was just kidding Redeemed, I think I got it.

I believe the guy was simulating a programs instructions by telling the people to sit or stand according to the other people around them then started a reaction by telling the first 2 rows to stand up and sit down quickly. This caused a reaction whereas it set the others into motion causing a sort of "wave"... or something

Redeemed
10-28-10, 10:34 AM
Yes, Pale Horse Rider. Water. Simply... ... shallow water.

Don't look to the great hills for the bird that flies by your shoulder.

http://www.smileyme.com/images/indian_chief_headdress_war_bonnet.gif

:lol:

:lol: I was just kidding Redeemed, I think I got it.

I believe the guy was simulating a programs instructions by telling the people to sit or stand according to the other people around them then started a reaction by telling the first 2 rows to stand up and sit down quickly. This caused a reaction whereas it set the others into motion causing a sort of "wave"... or something

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks betterdan.