PDA

View Full Version : New Worlds Fastest Supercomputer

musman
10-28-10, 07:58 AM
Yes....but can it play Crysis? lol :p
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101028/tc_afp/chinatechnologyitworld

grey_1
10-28-10, 04:29 PM
Tianhe-1 does its warp-speed "thinking" at the National Center for Supercomputing in the northern port city of Tianjin -- using mostly chips designed by US companies.

Oh the irony :lol:

Drolfrawd
10-28-10, 04:48 PM
+1

nekrosoft13
10-28-10, 05:02 PM
Oh the irony :lol:

that will soon change, when US companies design something and then plans are send to China, Taiwan etc.. for manufacturing, they basically get the plans how to manufacture something without the research cost.

sooner or later they will start making their own chips.

musman
10-28-10, 05:48 PM
that will soon change, when US companies design something and then plans are send to China, Taiwan etc.. for manufacturing, they basically get the plans how to manufacture something without the research cost.

And we will probably all buy them and complain that we don't make them here anymore. :)

grey_1
10-28-10, 06:11 PM

I thought they had announced something they were working on a year or 2 ago...might be thinking of something else though.

Logical
10-28-10, 06:48 PM
I wonder what the power draw under load is... :)

musman
10-29-10, 04:11 PM
I wonder what the power draw under load is... :)

1.21 gigawatts and a Flux Capacitor.

LydianKnight
10-29-10, 06:35 PM
Pfffffff why the first comment about a new supercomputer (doesn't matter if it's here or on fudzilla/tom's hardware/whatever) includes a reference to Crysis?

Get real, people... all that computational power, all the possibilities it opens... and you just want to spend all that power and electricity to execute a bunch of junk code to watch some vegetation?

Bwahahahahahahahaha

musman
10-30-10, 11:06 AM
Pfffffff why the first comment about a new supercomputer (doesn't matter if it's here or on fudzilla/tom's hardware/whatever) includes a reference to Crysis?

Get real, people... all that computational power, all the possibilities it opens... and you just want to spend all that power and electricity to execute a bunch of junk code to watch some vegetation?

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Ever hear of a joke? :headexplode:

LydianKnight
10-30-10, 11:51 AM
I'm not taking it seriously, musman, it's partly a joke, well... no, I have to be fully honest and admit I did to partially piss off any Crysis fan out there in this forum hahaha but on a bigger percentage it IS a joke, same way you can say it was a joke on your part BUT at the same time you would be curious enough to have some real horsepower trying to run that (just to see how it goes...) ;)

musman
11-01-10, 10:11 AM
I bet you could play Crysis and Call of Duty at the same time on that thing :D

ViN86
11-01-10, 10:34 AM

You're neglecting the learning curve involved and the fact that if Chinese companies did steal American designs, they would stop sending their designs there for manufacturing.

And we will probably all buy them and complain that we don't make them here anymore. :)

Also, Intel/AMD/Nvidia would never allow designs based on theirs to be sold in the US.

XDanger
11-12-10, 03:11 PM
Why laptops?

What kind of flops number can all the FTTH PC's in Japan produce if you use their idle time? Something?
Or is that kind of shared computing power no good for this kind of work?

jmssmith317
11-21-10, 05:59 AM
i just want to say that china's new supercomputer GPU is very nice...."The system uses 7,168 NVIDIA Tesla M2050 GPUs and 14,336 CPUs; it would require more than 50,000 CPUs and twice as much floor space to deliver the same performance using CPUs alone

XDanger
11-21-10, 06:12 AM
you have a link to an infected page in your sig