PDA

View Full Version : Detonator 44.03-45.20, dual DVI: only 60 Hz refresh on primary output

Alan_HU
07-30-03, 04:24 PM
Hi nVidia guys :)! I'm sorry for starting a new thread when a similar one exists, but I think this is the cleanest solution since I feel the original thread deviated from the issue.

Originally posted by zbiggy
Hello !

After upgrading to 44.03 in WinXP Pro I can not set vertical refresh rate other than 60 Hz. I use LCD NEC 1560NX via DVI and always had 75 Hz. If someone knows a trick to make 75 Hz modes visible again (without using older driver), tell me please !

Exact same problem here. I have a dual DVI FX 5600 (ASUS V9560 Video Suite), with two identical LCD monitors (Acer AL922) connected, and the driver only shows 60 Hz refresh rates for the primary DVI output in any resolution. The primary output also has funny screen modes like "640 by 480, 16 Colors, Default Refresh".

The interesting thing is that refresh rates are enumerated properly on the secondary DVI port, that is, I can select 75 Hz for the secondary monitor (and only for that one). Since the monitors are identical models, I suspect this is a Detonator driver bug (somewhere along the line of "detecting" 2-3 default monitors upon each reboot).

I tried installing factory monitor inf files, tweaked monitor inf files, tried RivaTuner, everything, even direct registry editing and Detonator inf tweaking, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. All the more because at 60 Hz the mouse movement is extremely laggy even in the desktop (I ain't a n00b, I know these should be unrelated, but still the mouse moves so jerkily across the screen that it's very difficult to use). Frustration to the nth :confused:

Alan_HU
07-31-03, 08:04 AM
Does anyone know of a way to report such issues to Detonator developers? In the past I tried the links on the nVidia home page, but never got a reply my reported problems were not fixed. So I'd like to know if there's an official way to do that.

TIA

DSC
07-31-03, 08:17 AM
From Bjorn3d's chat log:

http://www.************/_preview.php?articleID=313

[02:22] [SwedBear] What is NVIDIAs e-mail adress for reporting bugs? Didn't find one when I needed one badly...
[02:23] [NV_Carrie] support@nvidia.com

Alan_HU
07-31-03, 10:40 AM
Thanks DSC, I'll give it a try.