PDA

View Full Version : Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

crainger
11-05-10, 03:37 PM
Released Nov 6

Is this the re-release of the first game + expansion with all the improvements cariied over to the original game? Any one try this one yet?

ST:DS9
11-07-10, 12:29 AM
I am playing it now. Performance wise it is much better. For those who don't know, you can get Dragon Knight Saga for 33% off if you own Divinity 2 Ego Draconis on Steam, making the price about the same as the expansion "Flames of Vengeance" DKS is a differently balanced game with changes to monsters and loot as compared to D2:ED+FoV.

t3hl33td4rg0n
11-22-10, 03:35 PM
For the record, I've been playing this for the past week or so. Very solid RPG and I've had a lo of fun so far.

The only thing that bugs me is the hardlocked 30FPS framecap which is not very smooth. It actually feels alot smoother when the FPS is <30.

AdamK47
11-22-10, 06:54 PM
Bought the UK DVD version off eBay a couple days ago.

The developers have stated that they will be working on a patch to remove the 30 fps cap.

t3hl33td4rg0n
11-22-10, 08:03 PM

The developers have stated that they will be working on a patch to remove the 30 fps cap.

Probably be finished with the game by then lol.

I actually enabled 4xCSAA so that my FPS stays at or below 30, smoother that way believe it or not.

zarlaan
11-22-10, 10:23 PM

I hope so. I installed it and screwed around for maybe 30minutes before I had to uninstall. It just wasn't smooth to move around in the world or the camera.

MDarkbladeM
11-23-10, 06:11 AM
The hotfix for Dragon Knight Saga has been out for two weeks now. :)

http://www.larian.com/dragonknightsaga_support.php

Changelog includes:
+Allows you to change a number of parameters in your global_switches.xml and config.xml (including removing the 30 fps cap)
+Various crash fixes
+Fixed freeze during intro movie
+Story fix: invalid items in Battle Tower platform operator interface screens removed
+Prevented some infinite loading screens
+Enhanced cut-scene flow
+Fixed issues with subtitles during regionswaps
+Foliage Shader Fix added
+Specific cutscene animations fixed (added missing animations)
+Removed issue with physics blockers
+Savegame backwards-compatibility fixes