PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy an Asus GTX470 Because it has that voltage thing?

XDanger
11-13-10, 01:02 PM
Should I buy an Asus GTX470 Because it has that voltage thing?

Regarding the 470 in general ,I'm looking at the numbers and it seems to give the most frames per dollar, Its even under budget, Is it worth spending a bit more for something else?

Redeemed
11-13-10, 01:03 PM
Go GTX580 tri-SLi cooled by phase-change, or go home.

:bleh:

Seriously though if OC'ing is what you're after then that's not a bad card. upping the voltages can help keep a high OC stable. :)

howard stern
11-13-10, 01:12 PM
Asus or EVGA are good brands you can go wrong. Buy whatever one is cheapest or on sale.

XDanger
11-13-10, 01:18 PM
My GF said I can have a GTX580 but I wouldnt get anything else :(

I dont really like spending a lot of money on graphics cards, Or anything for that matter.

+ it would push my 750w PSU to its limit...

Maverick123w
11-13-10, 01:56 PM
My GF said I can have a GTX580 but I wouldnt get anything else :(

I dont really like spending a lot of money on graphics cards, Or anything for that matter.

+ it would push my 750w PSU to its limit...

In my experience... if a woman is going to let you get the best thing out there do it. They only have that lapse in judgment once in a great while :D

And no I'd get the MSI 470 with the better cooler if I was going to get a 470 again.

XDanger
11-14-10, 07:42 AM
In my experience... if a woman is going to let you get the best thing out there do it. They only have that lapse in judgment once in a great while :D

It usually means she wants something insanely expensive for herself so I cant say **** about it ...

Drolfrawd
11-14-10, 08:05 AM

And no I'd get the MSI 470 with the better cooler if I was going to get a 470 again.

lol and +1

mine rarely lapses into this state of Mind. If i recall the last time it was pre windows 98 :D