PDA

View Full Version : Middle mouse in games?

nomec
11-13-10, 07:42 PM
I have a Diamondback 3G, and in games where the middle mouse button click is bound to an action, the game doesn't recognize it. For instance in Bloodline Champions middle mouse is set to the free camera mode, but when I click my middle mouse button it doesn't do anything. If I try to bind anything to the middle mouse button, it will not recognize it as well. It's the same in other games too.

Any ideas?

grey_1
11-13-10, 07:53 PM
Depends on the game. Some I've played have excellent mouse support, others like Dead Space, heaven help you if you even try to rebind keys, much less the mouse.

bob saget
11-13-10, 08:05 PM
Depends on the game. Some I've played have excellent mouse support, others like Dead Space, heaven help you if you even try to rebind keys, much less the mouse.

yep.

infomercial
11-13-10, 08:38 PM
i love using it to switch to my melee weapon in FPS, especially the gauntlet in quake 3!:kar::kar::kar::kar::kar:(wack)

logan
11-13-10, 10:43 PM
I've never played Bloodline Champions before, but I regularly use middle click to toggle aiming in CoD and other shooters. Do you have any software installed for the mouse? The stuff I've seen from Logitech lets you configure all different actions for the buttons. Maybe it's not passing the click to the game because it's doing something special for some applications and nothing for fullscreen windows (games, movies) and you need to set it back to sending a normal middle/button 3 click. On unix systems running X11 there's an 'xev' utility that'll tell you what event is being received for a key press or a mouse click. Is there anything like that on Windows? Could help troubleshoot...

Muppet
11-14-10, 01:19 AM
I use the middle mouse button for the knife in Bad Company 2. It works a treat.

bob saget
11-14-10, 02:02 AM
I use the middle mouse button for the knife in Bad Company 2. It works a treat.

i use my thumb button for knife. easier to press quickly i think, if i need to scalp multiple assholes.

MaXThReAT
11-14-10, 04:23 AM
I have a Diamondback 3G, and in games where the middle mouse button click is bound to an action, the game doesn't recognize it. For instance in Bloodline Champions middle mouse is set to the free camera mode, but when I click my middle mouse button it doesn't do anything. If I try to bind anything to the middle mouse button, it will not recognize it as well. It's the same in other games too.

Any ideas?

With my logitech G5 games will not see the middle click unless the function of the button is set only to "middle button" If it's set for anything else like zoom or some kind of scroll it doesn't work. Hope that helps.

nomec
11-14-10, 12:47 PM
With my logitech G5 games will not see the middle click unless the function of the button is set only to "middle button" If it's set for anything else like zoom or some kind of scroll it doesn't work. Hope that helps.

Yeah, I assume it has something to do with that. Currently it's set to "universal scrolling," but for some reason there is no generic setting like "middle mouse" to put it to.

zeejay
11-14-10, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I assume it has something to do with that. Currently it's set to "universal scrolling," but for some reason there is no generic setting like "middle mouse" to put it to.

This is because you are probably using razer's mouse driver and he's using logitech's, they name it differently. I'm using a razer deathadder and mine is also set to universal scrolling which is the correct middle button setting. I haven't played Bloodline Champions but I have no problems with the middle button in any of my games.

ViN86
11-14-10, 02:13 PM
You can bind the middle mouse button to a keystroke instead, then bind that key in the game.