PDA

View Full Version : mx5500 wireless desktop combo for gaming?

tornadog
11-13-10, 11:58 PM
I moved my pc to the living room and connected to my tv. I was using wired keyboard and mouse, which wont work. SO I got the mx5500 but I am having some serious lag in FPS games. Main rpoblem is I dont know how to configure the setpoint software. can someone using the setpoint help me sort this out?

XDanger
11-14-10, 08:20 AM
Is it a gaming grade mouse?

Is there a setpoint option to turn off wireless mouse lag?

tornadog
11-15-10, 10:42 AM
Its a Logitech MX Revolution Mouse. There were options for increasing and decreasing speed and acceleration on both axes but nothing for wireless lag. Anyway after doing some searching, I decided to uninstall setpoint and just use the windows drivers. The gameplay experience is much smoother now.

Now if someone can help me figure out how to disable the thumbscroll button. I touch it accidently ingame and it activates the windows cascading. The game crashes after that.

ragejg
11-15-10, 12:01 PM
I have this setup and it works fine for gaming. :)

t3h1337d4rg0n sold me the MX5500/Revolution combo, and he maintained that driver installation had to go a certain way, and that WIDCOMM drivers had to be installed as well.

When I first set it up months ago, I think I got it right, as there was no input lag, like if you moved the mouse after it sat for a while it wouldn't be jerky for that first few milliseconds. In recent Windows installs however I haven't been able to get that same level of smoothness. It still works fine for gaming, but it's kinda not as good-feeling now.

I only use that when I'm using my second display (TV) sitting on the couch. At my desk is an awesome Kingwin keyboard and a Sidewinder x5. :)