PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your old pocket pc/pda?

jeffmd
11-15-10, 04:42 AM
Just abit of an idle thought tonight. I have dell's original axim5 on my desk here, I upgraded the OS to 2003 but for really its days of functionality are limited. My iTouch has pretty much trumped it in all aspects, however I do still use mine to shoutcast radio. Its sitting at the side of my bed with a saitek a-200 and I use it to stream shoutcast stations over wifi.

Anyone else found nich uses for their old smart pda devices?

Bladestorm
11-15-10, 12:54 PM
I farm dust with my Dell Axim X50v. :)

On a serious note I have been thinking of a good use for it lately. So far though I've come up emtpy.

Starscream
11-15-10, 02:17 PM
UcpB2l-ljnc

Maverick123w
11-15-10, 02:36 PM
That dude is a beast

frenchy2k1
11-15-10, 03:55 PM
I farm dust with my Dell Axim X50v. :)

On a serious note I have been thinking of a good use for it lately. So far though I've come up emtpy.

Same here. I have an Axim 5 300MHz and I have not used it in a long while.
Latest usage were for web on the go, with a network card, but that got replaced by my wife's laptop and now by my iphone.

I can't think of anything I can use it for that another device can't do better...

jeffmd
11-15-10, 07:18 PM
yea my axim really is good at farming dust. saddly it some how managed a small abrasive spot on the screen, seemingly from dust. :/ The thing is pretty useless as a portable web browser, the browser in these older pocket pc's are horrible. The wireless internet radio aspect I find pretty nice cause I can keep it hooked up and next to my bed side..and im not sucking down my iTouch's power every night.

In reality that isn't the reason my ipod dosn't do shoutcast though, the ipod has an annoying defect in its insides (software or hardware) that makes it reset the wifi for no apparent reason and kicks out any streaming connection. no idea what causes it, ive watched netflix on it for over and hour.. but some nights shoutcast is down in 5 minutes with the ipod showing no signal for a second.