PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP 'critical update' detonators?

Filibuster
07-31-03, 09:22 AM
This morning I awoke to Windows XP telling me there was a critical update available for download....it was nvidia display drivers. After double checking the windowsupdate website, I downloaded them really fast to see what they are, and they were 44.03 Detonators, just like on nvidia's site.

I was already using the 44.67 whql, so I don't know why this would even come up as a driver upgrade, but why would it be a critical update? Anyone else had this happen?

Seems awfully suspicious...

JonathanM
07-31-03, 10:17 AM
I'm using 44.03 and still getting that Critical Update. Odd...

Serious Tom
07-31-03, 12:45 PM
I've got 44.67 and am getting a critical update to. It's a pity they don't want to tell you what its all about. I think I'll let this pass till I find out more...................Tom

Greg
08-01-03, 11:41 PM
This wasn't a 'critical update' for me, just a optional 'driver update'. When I had the 45.20 installed, this appeared after a few days. Now I'm using the 44.90 again, the update has gone.
EDIT: Update, still using 44.90, and the 44.03 are popping up on Windows Update again, in the driver section of course.

From time to time, an older driver appears in windows update. You don't know if they screwed up on their end, or if a 'roll back' was ordered. More information would be nice, but is almost never presented. I typically don't update if I know the driver is older than the one I'm using, and there hasn't been a press release warning about some problem.

serAph
08-03-03, 07:53 PM
hey cool. I was wondering wth that was - I posted @ guru3d about it,

http://www.guru3d.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=472310#post472310

, but nobody knew anything. Glad I looked here...

TeacherFromHell
08-05-03, 12:28 AM
It was back to being a driver update today (at least for me).