PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Shift 2: Unleashed Announced (PC, PS3, RROD_Box)

nekrosoft13
11-16-10, 07:47 PM
EA today announced that a sequel to the popular racing sim, Need for Speed: Shift is on the way. It will be called Need for Speed Shift 2: Unleashed, and it'll be out in spring 2011. The new game will retain Need for Speed Shift's serious, simulation heavy approach to racing, but will receive a graphical overhaul courtesy of a brand new engine. Need for Speed Shift 2 will also include an updated version of Autolog, the multiplayer matchmaking service used in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. The system lets players form friends lists and keep track of each other's times on different tracks.

LCG49N354cs

MaXThReAT
11-16-10, 07:51 PM
Okay, that trailer...was sick. I hope the game is as good.

mojoman0
11-16-10, 09:39 PM
erm Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit come out today and nobody has even made a thread or mentioned a peep about it??? Bad advertising or does nobody care? DICE did a lot of the graphic work for it fyi

mailman2
11-16-10, 10:22 PM
no AA?? Seriously... these ports are just getting worse and worse....

trivium nate
11-16-10, 10:41 PM
hopefully this will be good Ipwned shift 1

Destroy
11-16-10, 11:06 PM
Trailer was crap showing zero actual gameplay footage as usual.

Shift1 was great after some handling and blur removal mods. Looking forward to Shift2, hope there are many more cars this time.

And what's with Unleashed, whats wrong with just Shift 2?

Logical
11-17-10, 01:27 AM
I dont like the looks of NFS:Hot pursuit, but this is getting me excited to say the least...loved the first NFS:shift...

Vardant
11-17-10, 02:15 AM
Trailer was crap showing zero actual gameplay footage as usual.

Shift1 was great after some handling and blur removal mods. Looking forward to Shift2, hope there are many more cars this time.

And what's with Unleashed, whats wrong with just Shift 2?
They dropped NFS, they are starting Shift series, so the name is Shift 2: Unleashed.

Redeemed
11-17-10, 03:45 AM
Trailer looks great, but EA has been known to have a great marketing department. Last NFS I playes was... Underground, I think? Been a while. Lost interest with all the import crap and what not. Last one I played and enjoyed was Hot Pursuit 2.

Was the first shift good? Did it go back to the NFS roots? And how about this new "hot pursuit"? Is it any good? Remake of the original HP?

Vardant
11-17-10, 05:07 AM
Shift is more of a semi-simulation, it's something like ProStreet done right without all the nonsense.

Hot Pursuit is a mix between Burnout and NFS. You can play as a racer or a cop, drifting through corners actually takes skill and it's fun.

Both are very good games, but Hot Pursuit is slightly better.

JohnDio
11-17-10, 10:15 AM
Looking forward to both Hot Pursuit and Shift 2 :D

Quick420
11-17-10, 11:26 AM
They dropped NFS, they are starting Shift series, so the name is Shift 2: Unleashed.

Need For Speed:Hot Pursuit 2010 comes out on the 19th dude.

Vardant
11-17-10, 01:45 PM
Need For Speed:Hot Pursuit 2010 comes out on the 19th dude.
NFS as a series will continue, but Shift is going its own route now.

serious, simulation heavy approach to racing
It's being developed by Slightly Mad Studios, the company that also bought Blimey! Games the creators of GTR - FIA GT Racing Game 1/2. Shift was still part of the NFS series, but this time, I wouldn't be surprised, if it was even more of a simulator.

Vardant
11-18-10, 06:00 AM
Because it was NFS, but now, they don't have to, I hope. PC needs something like Forza or GT.

Destroy
11-18-10, 10:53 AM
Because it was NFS, but now, they don't have to, I hope. PC needs something like Forza or GT.

Hell yeah we do. Shift1 was an ok start, hope 2 goes even more Forza.

snowmanwithahat
11-18-10, 01:53 PM
I dont like the looks of NFS:Hot pursuit, but this is getting me excited to say the least...loved the first NFS:shift...

I loved the original Hot Pursuit....

I haven't heard much about the new one but some friends were telling me its a lot like the original. I can't wait!