PDA

View Full Version : Desktop profiles...

MessicaN
07-31-03, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know if it is possibly to easily change desktop profiles. I would like to be able to have a different desktop profile for games and desktop. I mean it is not too difficult to just change the contrast and brightness on my monitor when I go in game but I visited my brother the other day and he has an ATI 8500 and those drivers have a nice feature of allowing you to set a different brightness, contrast and gamma for desktop and fullscreen 3d. I thought this was a very awesome feature and was wondering if there is a feature like that with the detonator drivers that I'm just missing. I guess I could create different profiles for desktop and gaming but is there a simpler way to switch them than opening up display properties?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

saturnotaku
07-31-03, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by MessicaN
he has an ATI 8500 and those drivers have a nice feature of allowing you to set a different brightness, contrast and gamma for desktop and fullscreen 3d.

Nice feature in theory, but I've never had it work properly. I've owned an 8500, 9500, 9800 and now a 9600. No matter what driver set I've used, always the same problem: I can choose individual settings for games and desktop. The settings I choose for games work, however when I exit out of the game in question the settings don't automatically revert back to my 2D/desktop profile.

But to answer your question, I'm not entirely certain such a feature exists in NVIDIA's drivers.

khafan
07-31-03, 10:43 AM
you can create different profiles for desktop and gaming and easily access them by clicking on "NVIDIA media center" icon that running in taskbar