PDA

View Full Version : My Visiontek TI4600 died on me

john19055
07-31-03, 01:54 PM
It worked great for a little over a year,I had put it in my kids computer and they were playing NOLF2 and all the sudden the screen rebooted to hearing some beeps,I tried it in another computer but still a no go,so I had to put extra Geforce 3 in there computer now.How long does it take to get one back I have already got my R.M.A. from Visiontek.

GlowStick
07-31-03, 02:22 PM
R.M.A. time dose vary, id say a month at the MOST, usually 2 weeks. Now if this is your secondary computer for your kids, and you put a geforce3 in there for now, id say its not a big deal.

GeneticWeapon
07-31-03, 02:22 PM
It took Visiontek just over a month to return a new card to me. You can call them to check the status though.
They dont have alot of Nvidia stuff to work with as far as returns go, that why I had to waite so long. They're a great company...

GlowStick
07-31-03, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by GeneticWeapon
It took Visiontek just over a month to return a new card to me. You can call them to check the status though.
They dont have alot of Nvidia stuff to work with as far as returns go, that why I had to waite so long. They're a great company...

Yes i do agree, when i bought my 9800Pro it did not come with PowerDVD, but all the review sites listed that they received it with their box. I emailed their Tek support, and with in a day they emailed me back asking for my snail mail address and sent me a copy, got it the same week if i recall correctly.

azanon
07-31-03, 02:55 PM
Cool. I might try sending mine back then.

I have a Visiontek GF4 Ti4600 and it did exactly the same thing on the same game. It was NOLF2 when i first starting noticing the problem; it would reboot my pc spontaneously within 5 minutes of playing it. I then tried it with several other games, and it'd do the same thing. I was afraid I had owned it too long so I put it in a box, and intended to just eat the cost (I've had it over a year). Also, i was aware they had gone out of business at the time mine failed too.

Wasnt there some article out a few months back where nvidia had supposedly sent out a bad batch of GF4 chips and Visiontek used them anyway? Seems aweful fishy we're having the same problem.

Azanon

GlowStick
07-31-03, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by azanon
Cool. I might try sending mine back then.

I have a Visiontek GF4 Ti4600 and it did exactly the same thing on the same game. It was NOLF2 when i first starting noticing the problem; it would reboot my pc spontaneously within 5 minutes of playing it. I then tried it with several other games, and it'd do the same thing. I was afraid I had owned it too long so I put it in a box, and intended to just eat the cost (I've had it over a year). Also, i was aware they had gone out of business at the time mine failed too.

Wasnt there some article out a few months back where nvidia had supposedly sent out a bad batch of GF4 chips and Visiontek used them anyway? Seems aweful fishy we're having the same problem.

Azanon

VisionTek said that they did NOT use the bad chips. They said what happend is they told nvidia and they got replacmenets. I am gonna side with VisionTek rather than some 'website' with no reliabilty whatsoever.

azanon
07-31-03, 03:19 PM
Well Glow, there were a LOT of visiontek GF4's that went bad, so we're either dealing with a significant concidence or perhaps there is/was some truth in the story.

If you were Visiontek and had any intention of remaining a viable company, what would YOU say to such allegations, huh? That you willfully used faulty graphics chips on your boards? Please. As long as the source where Nvidia informed you of the faulty shipment was not documented on releasable media, you have nothing to lose by NOT lying about it, other than your Company and maybe even some jail time. (i'm not sure if it'd be civil or criminal offense).

Also, the company that bought Visiontek was awefully vigilant about honoring the returns, even though they didn't have to. Its the least you can do if you just bought a company that was responsible for selling defective video cards, eh?

Azanon

azanon
08-01-03, 11:36 AM
So John, did they honor your return? I think mine is like a year and a half old, and i'm going to send them my info today in an attempt to get a RMA, but i'm afraid they are going to tell me to get lost cause the card is so old. The damn thing failed over 8 months ago but they had gone out of business at that time.

shortys31
08-01-03, 12:07 PM
so vision tek still covers the lifetime warrenties?

azanon
08-01-03, 01:09 PM
Thanks shorty. That's all i needed to know :).

B&R
08-02-03, 06:10 PM
yes afaik for radeon cards atleast.

ChrisRay
08-02-03, 07:29 PM
Heh I have bought so many Visiontek cards., each time I tell myself I wont buy another. Yet I do it for the lifetime warranty.

I have a Visiontek Radeon 9500 Pro

john19055
08-04-03, 04:18 PM
I talked to the tek on the phone and he said as long as I have my receipt and pay $10 to them,ther should'nt be no problems,He has done sent my RMA and I have done sent it off.

And my card was close to a year and a half old, supposed to have a Lifetime waranty as long as you have your receipt or proof of purchase

GlowStick
08-04-03, 04:59 PM
Yes, i still think they are doing a good job. Tell us how the new one goes!

john19055
08-18-03, 02:13 PM
Well I called Visiontek to see how much longer it was going to take to get my card back,they said it tested bad and I would be getting a new one,but they are back ordered at the momment and it will likey take a week to get it,I told them I would take a R9700 for the replacement,but they did'nt like that ideal, they said you get what you bought.I was trying to be helpful.

Unit01
08-18-03, 02:35 PM
hahahahaha :D:D:D:D :p:p:p:p

Geforce4ti4200
08-18-03, 04:38 PM
dont argue with them, just get a new ti4600 from visiontek but sell it, do not use it and get a new card

john19055
08-28-03, 06:00 PM
Well I checked in again to see when I would be getiing my card back and they said they were still back order and they don't when of if they will be getting some TI4600's in,they said they had some lower models but that would'nt be fair to me ,they told me to call back in a week and he should be able to tell me if they are offering a different replacemeant card if they still have not got any TI4600"s in. I guess I will wait and see since I am not hurting for a video card.

GlowStick
08-28-03, 06:19 PM
Ah, i guess they are still ording those cards from someware heh.