PDA

View Full Version : OnLive

HiCZoK4
11-23-10, 12:04 PM
have You heard about it?
It is something quite interesting. I am playing UTIII on my netbook with only a "bit" of control lag. Seems like full fps and max graphics. Quite amazing seeing high end games performing on netbook just as on my gaming rig.

What Do You people think of it?
I know its been discussed before but anyways...
Hell. Assassins Creed2, Borderlands. You name it. Seems like interesting solution for those low end gamers who dont like consoles but have too slow pc for high fps with good graphics.

If they Could only fix mouse and keys latency which I think isnt possible to do, then it would be perfect.

Still it feels like playing a console game becouse of latency in controls.

Logical
11-24-10, 10:20 AM
In this era of gaming we need latencies to come down...not go up. I think it's a fail but it might interest someone who isnt that clued up about real gaming and doesn't really care about latencies, Like a 70 year old man with arthiritis....

HiCZoK4
11-24-10, 10:45 AM
its an achievment, But is is prototype and surely not perfect.
maybe Control responsenes is better with that miniconsole they will be selling?

mojoman0
02-28-11, 09:32 PM
definitely a good time to try onlive if you're on the edge. If you order Homefront for it you get a free $99 onlive console for using with your tv!

http://www.onlive.com/go/homefront

Sazar
02-28-11, 09:43 PM
It works, but the graphics are mid/low range and there is some input lag, although it is FAR less than it used to be.

My friend has it setup on his system and he's had it since the beta. The first game he played was Borderlands.