PDA

View Full Version : Another exampler of why I hate gamers.

Pages : [1] 2

CaptnStubing
11-26-10, 07:12 PM
This is why I hate gamers. What a pathetic bunch of bitches they are. If you don't like this game don't buy it but to start a campaign to get people to not buy this game because of how it is set up is childish.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/02/11/dont_buy_global_agenda_editorial/

jeffmd
11-26-10, 07:25 PM
People suck in this world... welcome to life.

MaXThReAT
11-26-10, 07:34 PM
Yeah that's crazy; to have a view on something and try to convince other people to have the same view on things. What's this world coming to. Wait isn't that what you just did. Crazy.

Wait that's what I just did...wow did I just divide by KABOOM.

CaptnStubing
11-26-10, 07:49 PM
Yeah that's crazy; to have a view on something and try to convince other people to have the same view on things. What's this world coming to. Wait isn't that what you just did. Crazy.

Wait that's what I just did...wow did I just divide by KABOOM.

No, they are actively trying to get people to not buy a game because it doesn't support a piece of hardware very few people use. I am pointing things I hate about the mentality of video gamers.

Glad you can read. :lol:

bob saget
11-26-10, 07:50 PM
yea that's pretty moronic.

CaptnStubing
11-26-10, 08:07 PM
yea that's pretty moronic.

I understand not all gamers are like this.

BTY like my "exampler"? :D

KasuCode
11-26-10, 08:49 PM
Its not so much the fact that it dosnt support ultra wide aspect ratios. its the way the games devs responded about not supporting it.

Triple monitor gaming is a big deal to the hardcore community. And when you tell people no you cant use it even if the engine natively supports it. That's like taking all the alcohol away from a bar. you will have allot of pissed off people.

The reason you see the thread about avoiding the game is to make an example for other devs that might have the same response.

No ones bitching that starcraft 2 or whatever other random game that dosnt support multi monitors.

Anyways I dont think its a big issue and most games have support for it. Its nothing I was ever worried about and I didnt care about that game to begin with.

ragejg
11-26-10, 09:01 PM
Despite the fact that I actively disagree with some of Kyle's "ways", he is onto something here.

The studio locking out multi-display support is the same as if BF:BC2 had FOV locked to 55, with DICE stating that it was locked because they felt that expanded FOV gives unfair advantage.

PC gaming is about having a choice, being able to customize, being able to use mouse, trackball, or laser pointer...one monitor or six... 80 degree FOV or 110. There have been instances of devs locking some things up lately, and it's making it suck for those who have exercised their choice.

For example I prefer the Bioshock games with a 360 pad, but I'm locked out of using that with any sort of ease in the sequel by the developer who decided to make a compromise after some controversy regarding the first release which I had a "just fine" time with (and still haven't finished it).

Am I going to stand by [H] and boycott this game? No, I'll not get involved. But I understand the resentment. I kinda loled at:

What is really fubarred here is the fact that a company named "Hi-Rez" won't let you play its games at "high rez." How screwed up is that? But you know, "Only Up to This Much Rez Studios" just does not have the same ring to it.

Destroy
11-26-10, 09:03 PM
Its one thing to not support hardware, its another to purposely block it out.

Sazar
11-26-10, 09:09 PM
Kyle's a dick.

:bleh:

Roadhog
11-26-10, 09:26 PM
old ass article, but I agree with it.

CaptnStubing
11-26-10, 10:01 PM
How about this. If you don't like the games being made, the you put your money out there and you make the games. Sitting around crying about why things are not the way you want it makes you a..... gamer.

PC gaming isn't about options or choice. It is about making money. That's it. High Rez is a small company that took a big gamble on this game. It worked out for them and they have a solid game. The geek crying about this game did nothing to impact the sales of this small title.

Roadhog
11-26-10, 10:14 PM
How about this. If you don't like the games being made, the you put your money out there and you make the games. Sitting around crying about why things are not the way you want it makes you a..... gamer.

PC gaming isn't about options or choice. It is about making money. That's it. High Rez is a small company that took a big gamble on this game. It worked out for them and they have a solid game. The geek crying about this game did nothing to impact the sales of this small title.

Except that could only be the start of things, what if they decided they didn't want their game to run on Intel CPU'S?

ragejg
11-26-10, 10:19 PM

Oh, it's about making money? Oh, well that changes everything now! :D Mind blown!

:bleh: You're very, very wrong.

In the late 80s, into around 1990, PC gaming was simply another computer entertainment medium, like the NES and C64. But in the early 90s, shareware changed the landscape thanks to Apogee/id and Epic Megagames offering PC gamers a new CHOICE that was outside the proprietary delivery system and cost model.

The excitement and general attitude from this carried on through the years (through software, and later through hardware), and actually helped build the foundations of what is now the PC gaming culture. Actually, what it did was it converged with the already-in-place and well-established DIY PC market, which was really enjoying the home PC glory days brought on by Windows 3.1 and all of the graphics card competition (Windows GUI accelerators, boy there were a lot of them, and they were benchmarked similar to today's GPUs)... So Choice met Choice and had a bebeh named Choice.

Of course hardware and software companies have to make money and that's one of the main objectives of any business. But is it what PC gaming is all about? No. It's about using a friend's old x3 chip and old heatsink on a just-bought newegg motherboard and RAM with your old hard drive, in a 10 year old case, with a PSU and GPU that you bought with the help of your favorite hardware forum.... and using your favorite old mouse, some off-brand monitor, hooking it all up to your home theater setup, and having a great time with it playing your gams how YOU want to play them, with your AA/AF/gamma just right.

Granted there's plenty of buyers and gamers who "buy the box (or have Mom buy it), plug it in and play" and that does constitute a large population of PC gamers (and Tomshardware members).. but they're certainly not what it's about either.

Viral
11-27-10, 01:32 AM

How bout I head over to the PR forum and every time you whinge about something the GOP does I tell you to just run for president your self or shutup.

I know games aren't as serious as the government of your country, that still doesn't take away the right of someone to express when a developer does something that effects them adversely. Yes, there are other games out there they can and will "just go play instead", but that doesn't make it any less disappointing when a developer you like or games based on an IP you're interested suddenly make changes for the worse.

Imagine if ford made the next mustang exclusively a hybrid 4cyl and front wheel drive. The fan base would cry out - using your general logic that you display here so often, they should just stop whinging, there are plenty of other cars out there that fit their needs, they should just buy one of them instead and stop complaining.

Even though I agree this instance is rather stupid and agree that Kyle is a bit of a dick, for you to constantly bash gamers on a gaming forum is a trollish act.

v3rninater
11-27-10, 01:48 AM
I have to agree with (what it seems like) most everyone else in this argument. You can complain all you want, but that shouldn't change anything, that's pretty bogus and I would dare say, anti-American!

Are you serious dude, because you are saying that we should just take away freedom altogether, because the freedom of choice, is a large part of this country. The freedom to complain, go to any big company that makes 10 million dollars annually (or more) and tell them the customer can't or shouldn't complain! The customer is ALWAYS RIGHT, BROSIVE!!!

So if you don't like "gamers" complaining, with all the complaining you do, you might as well shut up and go live in China. That way you won't complain when you have to dump your newborn daughter into the trash simply because she's FEMALE. I mean, you can't fix what ain't broken right?

Redeemed
11-27-10, 02:05 AM
I'm going to agree with everybody else in this thread so that just for once I can disagree with the Stub.

I DISAGREE WIFF U STUB!!!!

:bleh:

CaptnStubing
11-27-10, 03:33 AM
How bout I head over to the PR forum and every time you whinge about something the GOP does I tell you to just run for president your self or shutup.

I know games aren't as serious as the government of your country, that still doesn't take away the right of someone to express when a developer does something that effects them adversely. Yes, there are other games out there they can and will "just go play instead", but that doesn't make it any less disappointing when a developer you like or games based on an IP you're interested suddenly make changes for the worse.

Imagine if ford made the next mustang exclusively a hybrid 4cyl and front wheel drive. The fan base would cry out - using your general logic that you display here so often, they should just stop whinging, there are plenty of other cars out there that fit their needs, they should just buy one of them instead and stop complaining.

Even though I agree this instance is rather stupid and agree that Kyle is a bit of a dick, for you to constantly bash gamers on a gaming forum is a trollish act.

:rofl

I have to agree with (what it seems like) most everyone else in this argument. You can complain all you want, but that shouldn't change anything, that's pretty bogus and I would dare say, anti-American!

Are you serious dude, because you are saying that we should just take away freedom altogether, because the freedom of choice, is a large part of this country. The freedom to complain, go to any big company that makes 10 million dollars annually (or more) and tell them the customer can't or shouldn't complain! The customer is ALWAYS RIGHT, BROSIVE!!!

So if you don't like "gamers" complaining, with all the complaining you do, you might as well shut up and go live in China. That way you won't complain when you have to dump your newborn daughter into the trash simply because she's FEMALE. I mean, you can't fix what ain't broken right?

:rofl

Do you guys realize how thin-skinned and pathetic you sound? The two of you are the prime reason I hate gamers. You get your big-girl panties all wadded up the moment someone says anything you don't like. AHAHAHAH this is good comedy.

LMAO! Taking away your freedoms, go live in China! :udawg: Fruit cake alert! The drama queen as gotten out of the barn.

BTW Hi-Rez isn't a big company.

Vardant
11-27-10, 04:13 AM
If you're ever planning to host any pro-gamer tournaments, you have to ignore things like Surround Vision and Eyefinity. Blizzard doesn't support it either in MP, do they? It gives people huge advantage over others.

FoV is a completely different thing. You don't need multiple monitors to use this. The picture might be skewed, if you go overboard, but you will be able to see the same thing. Quake 3 players were using it regularly.

six_storm
11-27-10, 08:09 AM
I have no interest in that game anyway, so they wouldn't have got my money anyway.

Bah!
11-28-10, 12:53 AM
If you're ever planning to host any pro-gamer tournaments, you have to ignore things like Surround Vision and Eyefinity. Blizzard doesn't support it either in MP, do they? It gives people huge advantage over others.

Exactly, and yet you don't see Kyle boycotting Blizzard, do you?

Roadhog
11-28-10, 01:14 AM

FoV is a completely different thing. You don't need multiple monitors to use this. The picture might be skewed, if you go overboard, but you will be able to see the same thing. Quake 3 players were using it regularly.

lolwut?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft39wCete0E

Vardant
11-28-10, 01:19 AM
I was watching so much SC2 the last few days, that I thought, it would be obvious, what I meant. Don't ask me why :D

Roadhog
11-28-10, 01:24 AM
I was watching so much SC2 the last few days, that I thought, it would be obvious, what I meant. Don't ask me why :D

Oh, well sc2 is used often in a competitive enviroment. If one korean had an advantage over the other, heads would roll. You know how srs they are about their sc2...

It should be allowed on single player however.

Muppet
11-28-10, 02:58 AM
Oh man, I was really looking forward to playing this game too. Damn I can't get it now because I can't use Eyefinity. Damn it all to hell.