PDA

View Full Version : GeForce GTX 570 to Replace GTX 480?

News
12-02-10, 09:10 AM
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2010/12/2/geforce-gtx-570-to-replace-gtx-480.aspx

PALIT Microsystems, one of largest graphics manufacturers in the world caused a lot of headache at nVidia after the company leaked out a PDF document containing the details of GTX 570.

According to the story, the part is supposed to hit hard against the upcoming AMD Radeon HD 6900 series, i.e. HD 6950 and HD 6970 which are set to debut one week after the hard launch of GTX 570. Given the specifications, you can see that the part is positioned just beneath GeForce GTX 480, which is slowly but certainly being phased out as the GF100 die is too valuable as a Tesla and Quadro parts are selling like hot cakes.

Redeemed
12-02-10, 09:37 AM
I'm *very* pleased with this 5770, finding I can run pretty much all games absolutely maxed minus AA, or with some varying amounts of AA, @ 1920 x 1200- depending on the title of course.

However, I really feel the itch to upgrade. Really don't need to, but I've got my eye on this card. Power consumption is still a bit high for my preference, I wanna' see how the GTX560 pans out. Then again, might not be much of an upgrade... hard to say. :)

Regardless, really nice to see nVidia hitting back hard. I'm sure the 69xx series will be stellar from AMD, but viable competition from nVidia is always welcome. :D

ragejg
12-02-10, 09:55 AM
I'm *very* pleased with this 5770, finding I can run pretty much all games absolutely maxed minus AA, or with some varying amounts of AA, @ 1920 x 1200- depending on the title of course.

However, I really feel the itch to upgrade. Really don't need to, but I've got my eye on this card. Power consumption is still a bit high for my preference, I wanna' see how the GTX560 pans out. Then again, might not be much of an upgrade... hard to say. :)

Regardless, really nice to see nVidia hitting back hard. I'm sure the 69xx series will be stellar from AMD, but viable competition from nVidia is always welcome. :D

This post pertains to the op how? :D

Redeemed
12-02-10, 09:58 AM
Just commenting on how attractive the card looks. If it weren't for my power/heat requirements it'd likely be on my "to-buy" list.

Then just stating I'm interested in the 560 and in general glad to see AMD and nVidia duking it out.

Now, your turn. :D :p

DiscipleDOC
12-02-10, 10:51 AM
I'm very pissed that I bought a 480 and now it's going the way of the do-do bird. :thumbdwn:

Bearclaw
12-02-10, 10:58 AM
I'm very pissed that I bought a 480 and now it's going the way of the do-do bird. :thumbdwn:

Eh, how technology goes. I bought a 470 but will definitely replace it with a 570/580. :D

Yaboze
12-02-10, 12:03 PM

I am very happy with the card itself, but I'm a bit upset as well. I got mine in July and less than a year later, it's being phased out.

That's ok though. This is probably my last system upgrade. I hardly play anything anymore on the PC. The only thing I play is WoW and a Steam game once and a while.

My next computer will probably just be a laptop. Getting too old for this ****.

MikeC
12-08-10, 04:49 PM
Just commenting on how attractive the card looks.Is it a psycho-sexual attraction (nana2)

Sorry my man, but I just couldn't resist :)

Pop Quiz: What movie did the phrase "psycho-sexual" appear in?

grey_1
12-08-10, 05:32 PM

Not me, as long as it keeps doing what I tell it to. Besides I'd lose too much money if I tried to sell it off now.