PDA

View Full Version : Backlog overload....

Pages : [1] 2

jkmetal
12-02-10, 06:11 PM
So many games owned.....

Just messing around, playing a bunch of older games I never finished and just realized. These games are awesome. Plus I just jumped on GTA4 expansions, Metro 2033, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Fallout NV (beat but need to do tons of stuff).... I literally have at least 25 classic games from 1995-2010 to finish.

I have to set a limit on this madness. Starting today, I cannot buy a single new game until i finish all of my games. Which will at least take the next year of regular gaming time. Its good actually, I don't have to worry about faster parts because all the games I have now were designed for my system.

Anyone else in a similar bind?

ViN86
12-02-10, 09:21 PM
Yes, but I'm not nearly as methodical as you. I just look through them and play whatever I feel like playing that day.

And I will continue to buy new games if I want them. :lol:

Redeemed
12-02-10, 09:27 PM
Yes, but I'm not nearly as methodical as you. I just look through them and play whatever I feel like playing that day.

This is my problem as well. :o

:lol:

jkmetal
12-03-10, 12:25 AM

Trying to get my monies worth. Literally at least 30 games unfinished.

Peoples-Agent
12-03-10, 03:49 AM
Same here. I'm loaded up with games, I must not buy anymore. Absolute foolishness.

Arma 2 & Arrowhead, Crysis, Dragon Age Ultimate Edition, Stalker Trilogy, Metro 2033, Arkham Asylum, Fallout NV and more ...need finishing.

I'm glad there isn't much out till Feb/March time.

LurkerLito
12-03-10, 10:19 AM
I am in the same situation, I shouldn't buy anymore games till I finish everything I bought already, but I know I will especially if the price is right. I don't mind the backlog since I sometimes buy games knowing I will never finish them completely (like a lot of the indie, puzzle, and RTS games).

My biggest problem is when one game overtakes another I generally never go back. I was playing Dragon Age Origins Awakening expansion then I got Borderlands and I haven't played it since. Same thing happened with Saboteur, was playing it and liking it but then Mass Effect 2 and I never played it again. Got minecraft but then Fallout New Vegas and I haven't even started minecraft since.

LT.Schaffer
12-03-10, 09:37 PM
:o I've got 19+ Games In Progress + 43+ Games waiting to be played

In Progress
Fallout New Vegas
Dragon Age
Alien Vs. Predator
The Ball
Shank
VVVVVV
Resident Evil 5
DIRT 2
Dead Rising 2
Burnout Paradise

Games waiting to be played:
Lost Planet 2
Mafia II:Joes Adventures DLC
Mafia II:Jimmy's Vendetta DLC
Alien Breed II:Assault
Alien Breed III: Descent
Grand Theft Auto IV:Episodes From Liberty City
GhostBusters
Stalker:Call Of Pripyat
Stalker:Clear Sky
Overlord II
Penumbra Requiem
Gothic 4
Titan Quest
Titan Quest:Immortal Throne+others

I've stopped buying games until i finish what i already own:)

jkmetal
12-03-10, 11:24 PM
:o I've got 19+ Games In Progress + 43+ Games waiting to be played

In Progress
Fallout New Vegas
Dragon Age
Alien Vs. Predator
The Ball
Shank
VVVVVV
Resident Evil 5
DIRT 2
Dead Rising 2
Burnout Paradise

Games waiting to be played:
Lost Planet 2
Mafia II:Joes Adventures DLC
Mafia II:Jimmy's Vendetta DLC
Alien Breed II:Assault
Alien Breed III:Descent
Grand Theft Auto IV:Episodes From Liberty City
GhostBusters
Stalker:Call Of Pripyat
Stalker:Clear Sky
Overlord II
Penumbra Requiem
Gothic 4
Titan Quest
Titan Quest:Immortal Throne+others

I've stopped buying games until i finish what i already own:)

I m working on dirt 2 (lvl 41), burnout, res5, fallout nv (finished one way) myself.

stncttr908
12-06-10, 02:01 PM
Way behind, instituting the same policy - no more purchases until I finish what I've got.

We'll see how well I adhere to this policy during the Steam holiday sale.

Yaboze
12-06-10, 03:29 PM
Same policy here, Starcraft 2 and Fallout NV were my last purchases about 4 months apart.

I never finished the SC2 campaign, but played a little online. I haven't touched it in a bit. Fallout NV I finished but may play again once I finish some other games.

I need to finish some Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 stuff, also Mafia 2, Cryostasis, Batman, Uncharted 2, Alan Wake and a few other console titles as well. I'm backlogged on multiple platforms....

The only game I am buying in the foreseeable future is the WoW Cataclysm Expansion (tomorrow), but that never ends, so....lol.

zoomy942
12-06-10, 03:30 PM
i havent even played HL2:EP2 yet

bob saget
12-06-10, 04:09 PM
i havent even played HL2:EP2 yet

reported....

jkmetal
12-06-10, 04:40 PM
Wow seriously.... I remember running that **** on my 8800GTS system back in fall 07....

jkmetal
12-06-10, 11:34 PM
These are the games I going to be playing/working on. I 'm not allowed to play any other games accept these... I've even deleted my other icons and set up my steam so it shows only these games. I think I've got some good variety and good titles here...

Fallout NV
GT4A Episodes
Metro 2033
LF4D
MLB2k10
Psychonauts
Runaway A Road Adventure
American Mcgee's Alice
Beyond Good and Evil
Burnout Paradise
Crysis Warhead
Deus Ex
Devil May Cry 4
Dirt 2
Fallout 1
Grim Fandango
Max Payne 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
No One Lives Forever
Palnescape Torment
Prototype
Penumbra Requiem
RE5
Road to India
Splinter Cell Conviction
Still life
Trine
The Witcher.

jkmetal
06-11-11, 11:47 PM
I ve killed

Pyschonauts
GTA 4 EP
LF4 Dead
Crysis Warhead
Devil May Cry 4
Penumbra Requiem
Trine
Dirt 2
Dark Messiah
Portal 2

So far this year... At this rate... man.

How many games does everyone actually finish per year?

K007
06-12-11, 03:57 AM
havent finished fc2 and no plans to finish dnf

playing kotor 1 atm. it was on steam for 10 bucks and works flawless aside from the widescreen issue but i am not going to use the hack method.

Destroy
06-12-11, 08:42 AM
This thread is prime example why they make and feed us short, ADHD games.

jkmetal
06-12-11, 09:48 AM
This thread is prime example why they make and feed us short, ADHD games.

Yeah seriously. I also beat alan wake, probably because it was a short game. A fantastic game but a short one.

Bearclaw
06-12-11, 09:55 AM
:lol: I don't buy another game until I finish the one I previously bought. Still working on BFBC2 MP. That and I rarely buy games - It takes an extremely well made game to get me to purchase it.

jkmetal
06-12-11, 02:17 PM
SHIFT 2 Unleashed (currently playing this)
DiRT 3
Crysis 2

And still Stalker CoP with the Complete Mod.

I have lots of games I bought during a Steam sale but I don't count those. I don't even have plans to play most of them :p

I ve been eye ing up dirt 3 for a while now. I m up to level 50 something in dirt 2. How many more tracks/cars are in dirt 3 and how much improved is dirt 3 from dirt 2?

Also, any word on crysis 2 dx11?

mojoman0
06-12-11, 03:53 PM
hah I play maybe 4 games a year or so, once you have a backlog or list going you start playing them just to get them over with and it feels like work

StoNer
06-13-11, 07:15 AM
Man I remember Beyond Good and Evil. I got to the end but I could never beat the last boss. I even had friends try to beat him but they couldn't either. I remember it being a really frustrating fight, and I had a pretty crappy controller back then too haha!

My list of games I still need to beat is shrinking rapidly as of late, but there's still plenty more to go.

NBA2k11 - Need to finish leveling up my My Player character, so he's worth a crap in multiplayer games.

Starcraft II - Need to finish the campaign. The new one is on it's way out and I'm still only halfway finished with the original one.

Arma II - Almost every single player campaign is untouched.. I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing them. I always end up just playing on servers lol

Batman Arkham Asylum - Still need to finish this one off. Great game, I wish I could run the Physx though :(

Dead Space 2 - Need to finish this game, but I'm scared...

Neverwinter Nights 2 - I don't know how close I am to finishing this one. I've been playing it off and on for a few years now and It just keeps going and going lol.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - I'm about halfway through. Great game!

The Witcher 2 - About halfway through on this one too.

HiCZoK4
06-13-11, 07:40 AM
How can You people play like 10 games at one time? I cant imaging doing that. I want most experience from games I play. So If I want to replay The Darkness game, I must be sure that nothing will come in my way ,becouse I hate to leave unfinished game (Even tho I want to replay this one. Ive finished it only 2 times and its great!)

HiCZoK4
06-13-11, 08:10 AM
Man I remember Beyond Good and Evil. I got to the end but I could never beat the last boss. I even had friends try to beat him but they couldn't either. I remember it being a really frustrating fight, and I had a pretty crappy controller back then too haha!

My list of games I still need to beat is shrinking rapidly as of late, but there's still plenty more to go.

NBA2k11 - Need to finish leveling up my My Player character, so he's worth a crap in multiplayer games.

Starcraft II - Need to finish the campaign. The new one is on it's way out and I'm still only halfway finished with the original one.

Arma II - Almost every single player campaign is untouched.. I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing them. I always end up just playing on servers lol

Batman Arkham Asylum - Still need to finish this one off. Great game, I wish I could run the Physx though :(

Dead Space 2 - Need to finish this game, but I'm scared...

Neverwinter Nights 2 - I don't know how close I am to finishing this one. I've been playing it off and on for a few years now and It just keeps going and going lol.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - I'm about halfway through. Great game!

The Witcher 2 - About halfway through on this one too.

Out of these games Ive have only played and finished Batman, Dead Space2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

All 3 are very good games, but Brotherhood was most addicting for me becouse of economics and purchasing all the shops etc and Batman had one of best sp experiences Ive ever seen

CoSWill
06-13-11, 08:47 AM
These are the games I going to be playing/working on. I 'm not allowed to play any other games accept these... I've even deleted my other icons and set up my steam so it shows only these games. I think I've got some good variety and good titles here...

Fallout NV
GT4A Episodes
Metro 2033
LF4D
MLB2k10
Psychonauts
Runaway A Road Adventure
American Mcgee's Alice
Beyond Good and Evil
Burnout Paradise
Crysis Warhead
Deus Ex