PDA

View Full Version : Steam Treasure Hunt

Albo
12-06-10, 07:00 PM
I don't feel like typing so here is a sum up.

In walks Steam, trying to build an actual community around its handy little platform. It痴 called the Great Steam Treasure Hunt, and it値l have players doing all sorts of fun, community-type things, like earning achievements and jointing groups! Wheeeeee!

The deal is that between today and December 20 you値l be able to win the top five games on your Steam wish list by participating in Steam community activities. For example, if you earn the Desert Fox achievement in the game R.U.S.E. you値l have qualified for the drawing. If you create an avatar on your little profile you値l have qualified. If you gain at least 1,124,400 points (easy mode) in the Chime level Paul Hartnoll you値l have qualified.

There痴 20 winners per 48-hour content.

Or, far easier, you could just read the actual Web site that has all the details you could ever want.

So, the potential to win free stuff, and you値l become part of the greater Steam community. Nothing wrong with that.

Basically, do things to be entered in a drawing for free games. And get free TF2 hats as well. YAY!

http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt

Quick420
12-07-10, 10:22 AM
Thanks Albo,this will give me a reason to play around a little with steam......eeww didnt sound right.

Bearclaw
12-07-10, 10:25 AM
:wtf:

I have a life. I don't play online games to win free virtual hats. AlbokiddyFAIL.

|MaguS|
12-07-10, 11:58 AM
Ugh, Even if I won I don't think I could find 100 games I want that I don't already own...

LurkerLito
12-07-10, 02:19 PM
It's not a bad promo at least by getting one of the achievements in the games you might win something. It would be the first time I thought achievements were worth something. And if you owned any of those games and played them you probably had those things done already so you already qualify. I know own 2 of the 4 games I already had the requirements.

Chime is a lot of fun. Well worth the $1.25 :)

six_storm
12-07-10, 06:33 PM
On a good note, I bought Poker Night at the Inventory for $3! :D Thinking about buying Chime but I'll wait until Christmas when it'll be .50 cents.

bob saget
12-07-10, 06:52 PM
oh well...i got an entry with my avatar in steam :lol:

Kaguya
12-07-10, 07:25 PM
On a good note, I bought Poker Night at the Inventory for $3! :D Thinking about buying Chime but I'll wait until Christmas when it'll be .50 cents.

I'm loving Poker Night. Already got more than my $3 worth!

bob saget
12-07-10, 07:26 PM
I'm loving Poker Night. Already got more than my $3 worth!

you can play for money?

Kaguya
12-07-10, 07:30 PM
you can play for money?

Heh, no (I assume you are kidding ;) ). But even just listening to the banter between Max, Strong Bad, The TF2 Heavy and Tycho I worth the price, but they threw in a great poker game on top of it! Bonus.

bob saget
12-07-10, 07:49 PM
ahh ok :) because of your wording i thought you can play for actual money.