PDA

View Full Version : ABIT NF7/NF7-S BIOS Update

PsychoSy
08-01-03, 07:26 AM
Abit should be releasing a new BIOS for the NF7/NF7-S boards on their FAE site shortly. However, the BIOS update is currently available for those brave souls that use FlashMenu! :D

For 1.x Revision board owners, look for BIOS Ver. 2.1

For 2.0 Revision board owners, look for BIOS Ver. 1.8

The build date on these BIOS files is 07/24/2003.

I just used FlashMenu for the first time to drop the 1.8 BIOS into my 2.0 board...and I don't even know what the flyin' flange the update fixes! I'm brave! I'm stupid! I'm both! :p

Doubt I'll use FlashMenu again, tho...
That looooong pause it does was too SCARY for my blood! :angel:

saturnotaku
08-01-03, 07:32 AM
I also wonder what's going to be fixed in this update. The last BIOS update fixed the only issue I was having and that was the exclamation point in device manager because I had USB keyboard and mouse support set to BIOS instead of OS.

Matthyahuw
08-01-03, 12:38 PM
hmmm, I'm still using BIOS v1.6 on my v2.0 and it's hella-stable, even at 220x10 on my XP1700+ (on air).

I'll be hitting up nFHQ every hour for this...

Matthyahuw
08-01-03, 12:41 PM
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26000

saturnotaku
08-01-03, 12:47 PM
Matty, what kind of RAM you runnin' bud? I have a feeling I can push my system higher, but I think the RAM is what's holding me back.

Nutty
08-01-03, 01:00 PM
I just used flashmenu to update the bios on my aging KT7A, and I didn't get any pause.. the whole thing took about 8 seconds, then it asked if I wanted to reboot.

Thought the whole thing was rather easy, I shall be using flashmenu all the time in future.

I did take precautions to shutdown, all my virus checkers, firewalls, and other utils, and even unplugged my network connection just to be safe.. hell I even made a backup of my current bios.. that tool rocks! :)

Matthyahuw
08-01-03, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Matty, what kind of RAM you runnin' bud? I have a feeling I can push my system higher, but I think the RAM is what's holding me back. GeIL Ultra Platinum PC3500 running @ DDR440 CAS 2-3-3-8 (mobo 'Turbo' setting)

If you think it's the RAM, then try to underclock it using a diff divider and then running some stress tests...

saturnotaku
08-01-03, 09:19 PM
My RAM is Mushkin PC3200 CAS 2.5-4-4-6. I have it running at 2.5-4-4-11 right now. But I don't particularly feel like playing around with this a lot because my system runs perfectly stable at the settings I have it at right now.