PDA

View Full Version : The Winner is...................................

Drolfrawd
12-14-10, 02:49 AM
Chrome

I just can't ignore how fast this browser has become. It practically explodes into life, on my linux system, and nearly as fast on 7. FF is still good , bu i am finding that it is slower and has become a bit vulnerable recently..
I'm not so keen on Chromes layout , but i am getting used to it,the speed has done it for me.

Discuss

t3hl33td4rg0n
12-14-10, 03:03 AM
I love it. Fast, stable, elegant, expandable.

- Doesnt nag about stupid crap all the time.
- Doesnt have a bulky interface filled with useless junk.
- Doesnt break like IE.
- Doesnt crash when plugins crash.
- Integrated address/search bar.
- Could care less about junk toolbars.

Sean_W
12-14-10, 02:14 PM
Yep, agreed and I use it all the time. Syncing is an awesome feature.

lduguay
12-14-10, 02:18 PM
http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sexy-smileys-947.gif

Q
12-14-10, 02:38 PM
If Chrome could develop a semi-modern way of handling bookmarks (no dates and feels clunky now) and better download manager integration (FlashGot or similiar) and the ability to NOT bog down when opening multiple tabs in the background (Something that bloatmonkey Firefox can do) then I'm sold. I really like the browser, but they need to fix those things for it to work for me.

Bearclaw
12-14-10, 02:44 PM
Use to use Chrome but went back to FF. Chrome can't load pages half the time.

ViN86
12-14-10, 03:39 PM
Chrome doesn't support the CA or certificates I need, so it's not for me.

Drolfrawd
12-14-10, 04:04 PM
Chrome doesn't support the CA or certificates I need, so it's not for me.

I had a quick look vin and i found

This (http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/confusa/Managing_certificates_with_Google_Chrome)

bacon12
12-14-10, 08:40 PM
Agreed OP, used it 6 mths after release and never went back to slowfox.

six_storm
12-14-10, 09:14 PM
Agreed OP, used it 6 mths after release and never went back to slowfox.

+1. FF is way too slow and such a memory hog compared to Chrome.

Albo
12-14-10, 10:08 PM
I keep removing this, and reinstalling this. Just reinstalled again.

Like:
Faster than firefox when opening up.

Dislike:
There's no favorites/bookmarks menu below the address bar, before I could middle mouse click, and it would open up in a new tab. Now I have to open a new tab, and type in the address. I added a speedial, and it still takes longer. Is there an extension for like a bookmarks toolbar?
The AdBlocker isn't that great. :(

shabby
12-14-10, 10:12 PM
Chrome uses more than one cpu, love it for that. Going back to ff feels like switching from ssd > hdd.

shteve
12-29-10, 09:27 AM
I keep removing this, and reinstalling this. Just reinstalled again.

Like:
Faster than firefox when opening up.

Dislike:
There's no favorites/bookmarks menu below the address bar, before I could middle mouse click, and it would open up in a new tab. Now I have to open a new tab, and type in the address. I added a speedial, and it still takes longer. Is there an extension for like a bookmarks toolbar?
The AdBlocker isn't that great. :(

Ctrl-Shift-B toggles the bookmarks bar under the address bar.

Redeemed
12-29-10, 11:34 AM
IE9 64-bit FTW! :D

Sazar
12-29-10, 11:57 AM
IE9 64-bit FTW! :D

Lol, I use IE9 exclusively at work, but at home, its all Chrome baby :bleh:

mojoman0
01-04-11, 07:06 PM
been using chrome now too.. just feels snappy

DansFace
01-06-11, 07:00 PM
love chrome... been using it sense release

I had to change the icon to internet explorer to force my parents to start using it

Yaboze
01-07-11, 11:55 AM
I went through a phase of trying Chrome, then removing it, then installing it again.

I have been on it for about 6 months now. I love it.

I find that I really didn't need a huge library of bookmarks to always go to, I typically visit about 6-10 sites that are on the New Tab thumbnail page. The sync is also awesome. I have my main Windows 7 PC, my Windows XP Sp3 Dell at work and my laptop, a Mac, all with with Chrome and my bookmarks are all there.

It's fast and they update it quite often, most of the time without you even noticing it.

It's awesome.

SLippe
01-10-11, 02:13 AM
I've never used Chrome, but I just might give it a shot.

Elvin Presler
01-11-11, 05:03 AM
Is there anything like the NoScript addon for Chrome yet? Until I can block dangerous java scripts that beget java scripts that beget java scripts that beget java scripts that beget even more java from who knows what sites that try to install malware on the sly...I can not dump Firefox!

EDIT:

Chrome can't load pages half the time.

I went and gave it a try. Installed it, no addons or anything, then tried to come back here. Chrome would not open www.nvnews.net/vbulletin. Tried several times, went to a few other sites that opened...ads were popping up all over that I don't normally see, flash garbage hovering over the screen etc. Tried here again, would not load....tried in Firefox, was fine, Uninstalled Chrome.