PDA

View Full Version : Killing Floor Christmas Edition - On Sale

Peoples-Agent
12-16-10, 04:21 AM
Picked up The Killing Floor bundle on Steam yesterday for 6. It's awesome, I love the new Christmas levels. Demonic Santa, Evil Elves and such.

Great fun.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/

six_storm
12-16-10, 08:57 AM
I'll wait until next week's Christmas sales and pick it up for <$5.

ATOJAR
12-16-10, 11:27 AM
I just bought this too, Haven't played it yet though.

newparad1gm
12-16-10, 11:37 AM
If you already have Killing Floor, do the Christmas levels come free? Or are they 3rd party levels that you have to download?

LT.Schaffer
12-16-10, 03:21 PM
I've owned Killing Floor since it was Released, and It's Free as an Update.

Redeemed
12-16-10, 03:25 PM
Just watched that video of it... how is this not a L4D clone/wannabe?

Not bad... I love L4D/L4D2... just seems like the same game almost.

ATOJAR
12-16-10, 04:37 PM
how is this not a L4D clone/wannabe?

Yeah i asked exactly the same question on the steam forums, Apparently it was a mod that got released as a full stand alone game.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652517

Mr. Hunt
12-16-10, 07:37 PM

Very different from L4D when you actually play it. MUCH better.

Tygerwoody
12-16-10, 09:48 PM

Its nothing like L4D. Killing Floor is basically "invasion" mode on Unreal Tournament. Only very crappy and very boring.

Viral
12-17-10, 02:12 AM
Now I don't know what to think. Reformed troll says it's great, relentless troll says its very crappy and boring.

I am cumfused.

nutcrackr
12-17-10, 03:07 AM
I don't think its very good either, at least when I played it during the free weekend. It's too crude, maybe a decent free mod. L4D2 4TW.

johnkeel105
12-18-10, 03:00 AM
Personally I really enjoy Killing Floor. Yes it is an older game, running on an older engine, and the game-play is older. Despite all of that it is lots of fun to play with clan mates. Tripwire has updated it for free over and over and over again. It only started with 5 maps and a small selection of weapons. Now the number of maps has grown much larger and there is a very active map making community for the game. The maps are stylistically quite diverse, the modding community helped make many of the new maps and any dlc is small and cheap and not really necessary to enjoy the game.

Tripwire is a good publisher for PC games compared to most companies like EA and Activision. The games they create are designed solely for the PC, not for console like most companies. Red Orchestra was a great game and hopefully Red Orchestra 2 will be great. Sure they are not perfect and neither are their games, but they talk to the community and support the PC exclusively. :cool:

PS: For the record, Killing Floor was orginally a mod and existed long before Left 4 Dead was even thought about. Even many of the same types of creatures appear very similar between both games...odd eh http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?p=258381