PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL problem with ALi M1541

a_j_j
08-01-03, 07:29 PM
Hi all.

I've got an old K6-2/550 machine lying around running Win2K on an Asus P5A-B Super Socket 7 mobo - with the dreaded ALi M1541 chipset...

I've been trying to get a GeForce 2 Ti 64MB (Creative) board to work in it, and I'm at my wits' end, because every time I try and run an OpenGL application, it crashes out. DirectX/Direct3D apps seem to work fine.

I've tried all sorts of driver versions - 30.82, 40.72 and 44.03 (the last in both NVidia and Creative incarnations), and tried different versions of the ALi AGP driver as well as the default Win2K one. No joy.

I've tried all the AGP-related BIOS settings (disabling write-combining, "turbo mode", etc), and have used RivaTuner to force the board into PCI mode. Still no luck.

Has anyone managed to get OpenGL to work on a 1541-based board? If so, any hints?

Thanks...

-- A.

PsychoSy
08-04-03, 04:39 AM
Yes, there is a way to do it because I used to have a board with the same exact chipset - the Gigabyte GA-5AX. I'm drawing a complete blank right now on what I had to do to get it working right but it is possible. My memory is fuzzy but I do recall using some utility from ALi to get it to work right...

http://www.ali.com.tw/cgi-bin/autodrv.pl

You can download it from here.

Take a screenshot of it and post it in here so I can tell you how to configure it.