PDA

View Full Version : Rift

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Yaboze
12-20-10, 03:38 PM
I got into a 'beta weekend' for this game by Trion last weekend. It's coming out early 2011 and it was really awesome. I can't say much more, there is an NDA, but it had really good graphics that even made my i7 + GTX 480 break a sweat. It's fantasy based and has PvP.

I would say it's the best MMO I have seen since WoW, graphics better than Conan.

I didn't see any threads on it, so I'd thought I'd post. No, I don't work for them, it's just a good game that caught me by surprise and I wanted to spread the word. If you look around you can find some videos.

www.riftgame.com

zoomy942
12-20-10, 03:43 PM
sounds like this

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/WhatIsRifts.html

Yaboze
12-20-10, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4NrFmz7lAk

Full name was Rift: Planes of Telara but it was renamed I guess.

zoomy942
12-20-10, 04:07 PM
cool. i loved the book game when i was younger. Always thought a video game would be awesome

Yaboze
12-22-10, 03:12 PM
"Rifts" could be a cool game, but this is not based on that at all. This is a fantasy MMO with PvP.

ATOJAR
12-23-10, 12:42 AM
Just been checking the website out .... Looks pretty sweet, May have to sigh up for the beta.

I wouldn't have said it looks quite as good as AoC though.(graphics wise)

CaptnStubing
12-24-10, 08:16 PM
I've been following this game over the last year and before the name change. I lost track of it because they changed the name. trying to get into the beta. I really want to try this one out. Looks very good.

CaptnStubing
12-27-10, 09:49 PM
I hate this crap. http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/rift/ They want to charge us $59 to get into the BETA, a UNFINISHED game they want us to help test to work out the bugs to get it to the market.

GO F YOUR SELF!

Vardant
12-29-10, 08:51 AM
I could probably give you my account, if you're really interested.

CaptnStubing
12-29-10, 08:29 PM
I finally got an invite from Trion. The game is ok. Good looking but it is basically a WoW clone.

Vardant
12-30-10, 01:36 AM
Rifts are cool though and some other mechanics. But I have moved on to Tera, trying to get into the KOBT.

Yaboze
12-30-10, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I like it a lot but it is just a WoW clone.

Nice graphics though.

CaptnStubing
12-30-10, 02:20 PM
Rifts are cool though and some other mechanics. But I have moved on to Tera, trying to get into the KOBT.

You got into Tera? How is that? I'd like to play it but haven't seen a beta for it yet.

Vardant
12-30-10, 02:49 PM
Korean open beta test starts 11.1.

CaptnStubing
12-31-10, 12:56 PM
This game is pretty damn fun. Out of all the betas I've played this last year, this and DC online are the best. I love the graphics in this game. The style is exactly what I like. It is a WoW clone but they did it right. I do have the feeling I will get bored with it so I'm not sure I'll actually buy it. It is a very solid game though. The zone wide rift events are fun as hell.

RollinThundr
01-06-11, 08:33 PM
This game is pretty damn fun. Out of all the betas I've played this last year, this and DC online are the best. I love the graphics in this game. The style is exactly what I like. It is a WoW clone but they did it right. I do have the feeling I will get bored with it so I'm not sure I'll actually buy it. It is a very solid game though. The zone wide rift events are fun as hell.

I pre purchased it based on beta 3. (beta 4 starts tomorrow fyi) It may be somewhat of a wow clone, thats a fair statement, but its very polished, actually I think it may be the most polished mmo "beta" I've ever played and I've played my share.

The way classes work with allowing a player to have up to 3 distinct class trees, I feel adds a ton of customization to how a class can play out, and the dynamics of the whole Rift system itself adds another layer of complexity. I really like the graphics as well, characters animate well, its fluid, the casting animations have some flash to them. Over all just really solid feeling. For a game that doesn't launch for over another month yet (March 1st in the US) I have to give Trion credit. Its fun, plays well, and has a bit of complexity to it.

They didn't reinvent the MMO wheel by any means but the level of polish and added depth with the way the class systems work and the Rifts themselves make it feel pretty fresh in some ways. Looking forward to it.

MUYA
01-07-11, 03:03 AM
I have just into the beta for this! (a first for me)! Looking forward to playing it (downloading atm)

Maverick123w
01-07-11, 10:38 AM
I got an nvidia invite code but looks like that didn't actually get me into the beta weekend :(

hirantha
01-07-11, 12:02 PM
looks like its from the same graphic engine as Warhammer onlines. and any game looks better than wow these days.. checkout TERA.. now that's going to be a MMO worth your time when its released..

CaptnStubing
01-07-11, 12:14 PM
I pre purchased it based on beta 3. (beta 4 starts tomorrow fyi) It may be somewhat of a wow clone, thats a fair statement, but its very polished, actually I think it may be the most polished mmo "beta" I've ever played and I've played my share.

The way classes work with allowing a player to have up to 3 distinct class trees, I feel adds a ton of customization to how a class can play out, and the dynamics of the whole Rift system itself adds another layer of complexity. I really like the graphics as well, characters animate well, its fluid, the casting animations have some flash to them. Over all just really solid feeling. For a game that doesn't launch for over another month yet (March 1st in the US) I have to give Trion credit. Its fun, plays well, and has a bit of complexity to it.

They didn't reinvent the MMO wheel by any means but the level of polish and added depth with the way the class systems work and the Rifts themselves make it feel pretty fresh in some ways. Looking forward to it.

It is only a wow clone in the battle mechanics. I really like it though. The game is just plane fun. I loved the fact that I'm running along happily questing, a rift opens up and I get OM NOM NOMED by the mobs that came out. Now I have to stop everything and help get rid of this rift. Some say that annoys them because they want to finish the quests they are on. I say it is a very much welcomed break from questing. The mobs from the rifts drop loot, give xp so it is all part of the leveling process.

I am in BETA 4 so I'll be on after work.

I have just into the beta for this! (a first for me)! Looking forward to playing it (downloading atm)
I'll see if we can hook up in game. Most likely Saturday since you are what, 12 hours ahead of me?

The graphics are not top of the line but they look very nice. Very much acceptable for a MMO.

Maverick123w
01-22-11, 05:25 PM
Got my VIP key for the final beta. Downloading now. Can't wait to play on tuesday

Ninjaman09
01-24-11, 10:06 AM
This game actually looks like it has real potential. Are you beta guys under NDA during these weekend testing phases?

I had assumed this was another Korean grindfest and wrote it off before I even read anything about it. :p

Maverick123w
01-24-11, 11:09 AM
This game actually looks like it has real potential. Are you beta guys under NDA during these weekend testing phases?

I had assumed this was another Korean grindfest and wrote it off before I even read anything about it. :p

Haven't played yet but my friend I play mmo's with has been in the last few beta weekends and says it's a fun game. Don't expect anything groundbreaking but it's as polished as an MMO coming out for release could be.

CaptnStubing
01-24-11, 01:13 PM

I love this game. I've been in the beta for a couple of months now. I stoped playing because I don't want to spoil the final game.

As Mav said there isn't anythign ground breakign but I don't think games have to be ground braking. They just have to be fun.

I didn't see any grinding. For one the level cap was only 20 and only three zones were open, until the last beta which went up to 25 and two more zones opened up. It is a very solid game. The great thing is the rifts which tear through the zone you are questing in. You have to shut those things down cuz the mobs from then will kill you quest givers. I LOVED THAT! because you got ex for killing those mobs and shutting down the rifts as well as good loot. So even though you were majorly side-tracked from you questing you had a goal and that is key. Your goal is to shut the rift down, you throw in xp and loot and you have a win. it also serves as a major break from questing.

BTW rifts can be local or a major zone wide series of smaller rifts as well as mega rifts will attack your town. That requires a raid to stop those, ofcourse you have dungeons and such in the game. It is just packed with creamy goodness.

lIqUID
01-24-11, 03:19 PM
I'm in beta 5 which starts tomm I think. I'm hoping it's decent since I dropped my WoW account, and it closes this week.