PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield: Bad Company 2 not loud enough

Kain
12-21-10, 01:15 PM
I have the Windows volume setting at max as well as the in-game setting for sounds at max. If I put on my headphones, it is not as loud as I would like it (there is no volume control on my headphones). The volume is about 75-80% of what I would like to have. Other games are fine. What's the issue? Note that if I use my speakers it is fine as I can crank the volume on the speakers higher than I normally would to achieve the level I need but for headphones it is not loud enough.

mojoman0
12-21-10, 02:05 PM
Ive noticed the game is quieter than most by default as well, like you can hardly hear the main menu. Have you turned bc2 up in the windows mixer by clicking on the speaker? for some reason bc2 defaults at like 90% or so

t3hl33td4rg0n
12-21-10, 02:07 PM
I think it might have something to do with the dynamic range of the high quality audio effects in the game, much like how movies can be very quiet and very loud in the same way.

I do agree though, it is a bit too quiet

DansFace
12-21-10, 03:50 PM
I think it might have something to do with the dynamic range of the high quality audio effects in the game, much like how movies can be very quiet and very loud in the same way.

I do agree though, it is a bit too quiet

a bit too quiet? My neighbors would disagree :captnkill::captnkill:

bob saget
12-21-10, 05:48 PM

lol exactly. my whole bedroom shakes :lol: I think the game works the best with medium noise, because then you can hear the subtle sounds that will make the difference. Enemies yelling out, giving away their location, "ammo box reloading" sounds that also give away location. Motion mine beeps. Etc etc.

t3hl33td4rg0n
12-21-10, 06:48 PM

Oh dont worry, my 750W system is definately shaking the walls...

But I have to turn up the volume louder than what I would normally game at because some sounds are too quiet at "normal" levels".

Lets just say the audio isn't as normalized as games typically are.

bob saget
12-21-10, 07:42 PM
thats good though, dont you think. adds some realism. for example, an explosion sounds different whether you stand beside it or far away. etc.

t3hl33td4rg0n
12-21-10, 09:41 PM
thats good though, dont you think. adds some realism. for example, an explosion sounds different whether you stand beside it or far away. etc.

Yes I do like it that way. It just happens to be quieter than other games, but I dont mind it.

Its only a little annoying when playing at lower volumes,and I have to enable SVM (normalization) sO i can hear everything lol.

JasonPC
12-21-10, 10:17 PM
<snip> posted this in the wrong thread, sorry!