PDA

View Full Version : Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Burnt_Ram
12-22-10, 01:14 PM
Personally i feel we really need a separate thread for Vietnam! if the mods disagree, feel free to delete this thread, but i think we need one ;)

my opinion is that this expansion is great, i'm enjoying it as much if not more than vanilla BC2. played Pu Bai Valley Conquest for hours now, it sure reminds me of the vehicle battles i enjoyed in BF2.

Maverick123w
12-22-10, 01:36 PM
I'm kind of let down by the expansion. Mostly the maps. I feel like I'm playing Call of Duty Vietnam and not a battlefield game.

The maps are all really small with too many choke points IMO. The M16 is the ****, I love that gun. The Huey is also amazing.

I don't like how there are so few vehicles. I miss the BF Vietnam maps where there would be 4-5 helicopters flying around fighting each other and jets and what not.

We need a real BF game soon.

mojoman0
12-22-10, 02:35 PM
well gotta just remember this is a spin off of battlefield. EA has been pushing BF3 lately and we might get it by the end of 2011.

Battlefield 3 EA's Big Focus in 2nd Half of the Year [ 1 Comment ]
Saturday, 18 December, 2010 at 13:52 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
If there was any doubt that Battlefield 3 is coming in 2011 then this should clear it up. EA CEO John Riccitiello said that Battlefield 3 is their "big focus" in the second half of the year. Any bets for a holiday 2011 release? Thanks BF-Games.

Riccitiello continued, questioning Activision's leadership and Treyarch's ability: "This management team started with this goal really two and a half years ago and our first entry really was Battlefield: Bad Company, and you’ll see a lot about Battlefield 3 next year, which I think is, at least from our perspective, designed to be the one that is the big leap forward; the one that is going to help a lot. I don’t know that having two guys that probably don’t play the games, in the form of the CEO of Vivendi and the CEO of Activision, come out and say 'Treyarch is our lead developer,' like you could anoint that. They didn’t make a 90-rated game; I think it’s 86 now. I don’t think review scores are the be-all, end-all, but we all know a mid-90 when we see it, but this was mid-80s. I don’t think you could anoint them by an executive saying, 'it’s so.' The question, I think, really is, 'what developer is going to put forward the next great FPS that sort of follows [what Infinity Ward did]?” It’s wishful thinking, and let’s hope for Activision’s sake they’re right. I think it’s far from proven that the gaming consumer views a product from Treyarch in the same category as a product from what was Infinity Ward."

As for EA's continued assault on the shooter category, Riccitiello added that "next year we’ll make a lot more progress. We’ve got a couple of third-party games in the form of Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm, and then our big focus is Battlefield 3 in the second half of the year. I’d be shocked if we didn’t take a notch out of [Activision]."

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=163963

Vietnam is pretty fun besides the frustrating choke points at times, but these seem to only occur when the teams are really unbalanced. Also not a huge fan of how accurate the guns are. You no longer need to burst fire or anything like that...holding down the trigger does the job even at distance which is what moh felt like. Heres hoping a patch adjusts this a bit. Now that Vietnam has been released on all platforms we should be getting the 5th map unlocked relatively soon!

Burnt_Ram
12-22-10, 02:55 PM
i wonder how much longer it's going to take to unlock Operation Hastings! and hopefully they anounce more DLC in the form of *more* maps soon ;) and preferably more BF Vietnam maps ;)

mailman2
12-22-10, 03:02 PM
I'm already bored with it. Got it 12-18 due to EA Store pre-order. Played over the weekend. Its ok, camp heaven, snipe-ville, boring as **** to me... my weapons are always underpowered and I get killed from nowhere. Just feels alot like MOH to me which was crap. Maps are too big, no cover.

Sadly, I went back to COD BO already... $15 got me a few hours of gaming I guess. If you didn't pre-order it, don't bother buying it at this point.

mojoman0
12-22-10, 03:44 PM
Battle for Hastings counter has begun!

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam/battleforhastings

mojoman0
12-22-10, 04:28 PM
actually PC has been the most popular platform for battlefield, and PC is in the lead

Burnt_Ram
12-22-10, 04:31 PM
looks like PC is winning the race. go PC go! ;)

mailman2
12-23-10, 12:05 AM
ugh, this game just irks me. Either everyone else is cheating or the game just blows. I put a whole clip into a guys head and he turns around and one shot kills me. HATE HATE HATE this stupid expansion. It angers me to even try and play it.

Im so pissed right now I'm changing my avatar.... sorry guys but I'm a COD guy still!! :)

ATi
12-23-10, 12:15 AM
If you didn't pre-order it, don't bother buying it at this point.what the hell :screwy:

mailman2
12-23-10, 12:25 AM
what the hell :screwy:

after playing it, I wouldn't have bought it.

ViN86
12-23-10, 12:28 AM
Stickied this thread. Can't wait to get my rig together so I can play it.

Muppet
12-23-10, 03:54 AM
can anybody give me a vietnam redeem code? xmas present? :) :D

C,mon man, it's cheap enough :p

mailman2
12-23-10, 08:35 AM
That was similar in BC2 as well which annoyed me. Just a waste of ammo and slow gameplay.
Play BC2 and Vietnam in HC mode. It's much better, plus no stupid map and crosshair.

If it weren't for HC mode, I'd probably have stopped playing games like BC2 and the newer CoDs after two days.

...and I hate running across the battlefield for 2 minutes to get back into the action while some jack wagon on the other team hides in a tree and keeps picking me off before I can figure out where he is. I died like 10 times last night trying to get back to the capture points (playing rush), this guy was just camping the bushes but he kept moving around. With the 9 miles of fog on these maps its impossible to see anything without a scoped rifle and they have the power of a one pump bb gun.

This game is just so frustrating to me. At least in BO there is a kill cam, also you usually know who got you since the maps aren't 14 miles long with 9 miles of fog compensating for short draw distance and pop in textures that load as you move. I found the BF series and MOH to have really crappy game play experiences. They just aren't fun.

Crow_Nest
12-23-10, 10:23 AM
Wow PC is in the lead! Most of it must have come from me.

JasonPC
12-23-10, 10:41 AM
I thought it wasn't going to start recording until it was released on all platforms though?

Burnt_Ram
12-23-10, 10:59 AM
I think it did count before that but I'm not sure. Don't really care about it ;)

ya u do :) Hastings .... cmon ;)

mojoman0
12-23-10, 02:51 PM
...and I hate running across the battlefield for 2 minutes to get back into the action while some jack wagon on the other team hides in a tree and keeps picking me off before I can figure out where he is.

This is the reason I DONT play on hardcore. With huge wide open maps like battlefield games have, one shot sniper kills are retarded. When it takes more shots to kill you, you have time to run for cover which adds another dimension to the game instead of being blasted away from God knows where every time you leave cover. The damage in Vietnam is much higher in normal mode which makes a good balance between bc2 normal and hard

mailman2
12-23-10, 07:13 PM
I think it did count before that but I'm not sure. Don't really care about it ;)

it all started at the same time. PC pwns. The 3 day head start didnt count towards that.

ViN86
12-23-10, 09:43 PM
This is the reason I DONT play on hardcore. With huge wide open maps like battlefield games have, one shot sniper kills are retarded. When it takes more shots to kill you, you have time to run for cover which adds another dimension to the game instead of being blasted away from God knows where every time you leave cover. The damage in Vietnam is much higher in normal mode which makes a good balance between bc2 normal and hard
Bullet drop helps a little bit.

methimpikehoses
12-23-10, 11:49 PM
thanks to the patch, finally got this award:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/methimpikehoses/BFBC2Game2010-12-2320-51-30-22.jpg?t=1293169626

and some shots of lovely vietNAM. it's too bad they couldn't get more apocalypse now soundtrack on this game. the atmosphere is perfect. :)

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/methimpikehoses/BFBC2Game2010-12-2321-30-18-51.jpg?t=1293169703

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/methimpikehoses/BFBC2Game2010-12-2321-09-47-99.jpg?t=1293169723

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/methimpikehoses/BFBC2Game2010-12-2321-01-27-27.jpg?t=1293169741

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/methimpikehoses/BFBC2Game2010-12-2321-30-42-95.jpg?t=1293169759

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/methimpikehoses/BFBC2Game2010-12-2320-12-00-02.jpg?t=1293169860
prolly my most accurate game... 8 kills on 16 shots.

mojoman0
12-24-10, 12:46 PM
do NOT play Vietnam in anythin more than a 26-28 man server unless you want to die a lot

DiscipleDOC
12-24-10, 02:18 PM
I purchased Vietnam from Steam...where can I find the key to install it?

Nevermind....found it. :o

mailman2
12-25-10, 12:09 PM
I started played the squad death match. Gotta say its a lot better than rush or conquest in Vietnam. I love rush and conquest on BF BC2 but for some reason on Vietnam I hate it. At least I found a game mode that the game feels playable in. The map design sucks for rush and conquest me thinks.

ATOJAR
12-25-10, 01:04 PM
Ive heard the maps are too small and full of snipers ..... Snipers where one of the reason i quit playing BF:BC2 in the first place.